Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Grandpa's B-Day Special :)

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Re: My Grandpa left Me on this Date:(

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:37 am

That's great PB, I love to hear people's stories & memories from the past like that :) I actually really never got into Paddington but this was always very special to Me. Thanks for your reply PB, I appreciate that very much ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:51 pm

Wow, very cool, Brandon. Paddington Bear definitely had a place when I was growing up. That's a really neat story. I also had a Sears card at one point but I only used it on a few occasions. lol.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:44 am

That's cool Acid and thanks very much for your reply, I appreciate that very, very much ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Today is Grandparents' Anniversary:)

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:01 am

So today is December 16th. It's the day that My Grandparents got married in 1961. We always celebrated their special day. They were married for 42 years. I talked about it before but I'll say it again and make it short and sweet. They met each other at a Halloween Party on October 29th. My Grandpa PoPo Ronald knew Florence (who was already married)...she introduced her younger Sister to him, Gloria...after that they loved each other, got married pretty fast and stayed together till the end in 2003...was it fate that he knew the sister of the woman he couldn't live without and love forever :?: I would like to think so ;)

I always say how smart My Grandpa was and all that but there was tons of times where My Grandma MiMi was pretty darn smart too, she was quite wise and boy he would listen to her cause he knew she was right. She fixed cars for him and helped him thru a lot of stuff especially money. They were an amazing couple and did so much together :batwink: :wwwink:

I find it amazing that they met each other around Halloween :blww: and got married around Christmas :scbat: I hope their in heaven, cyberspace or wherever seeing My post because I will never forgot them nor their special date :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:08 pm

Happy anniversary to your grandparents, pal!!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:25 pm

Thanks very much Acid, I appreciate that :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:19 pm

Happy Anniversary, I'm sure they're looking down with smiles that you still think of them.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:49 am

I certainly hope so PB, thanks very much :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Grandma's Birthday is Today:(

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:21 am

So today is My Grandma MiMi's Birthday...this is second one since she's been gone, third overall :( I recall at least 35 of them. She's be 83 years young right now :) In her later years for a long while before she fell she'd always say age is just a number and she'd be pleased that I always said Happy Birthday to her whether I gave her something or not. I hope she's around Me and see's what I do here. I'm the only one that talks about our past in Our region about so much We did together and about her friends like Annie Burke cause God knows I try to talk and show about them as much as I can. I hope she's got a big birthday up in heaven or wherever she maybe with everybody else that's long gone including My Grandpa PoPo and My Auntie Wanda. Oh and she loved Wonder Woman so Happy Birthday MiMi :wwsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Grandma's Birthday is Today:(

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:43 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Special Events