Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

TMNT: Classic Collection - SPECIAL UPDATE 06/16/21!

Our favourite shell backs are back with a new hit TV series, a new movie and a plethora of colourful action figures to boot!

Re: TMNT: Classic Collection!

Postby Tango X » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:36 pm

Sure sounds good. :)
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:17 am

Tango X wrote:Sure sounds good. :)

Ok Tango X! Need 1 more...anybody else :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:19 pm

Turtle power!
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:29 am

OneNineSix wrote:Turtle power!

Indeed and I'll take that as the third number!

Well guys, that 3 people who posted here. I will take pics soon of My collection + some bonus stuff you may not expect! I hope you guys will like it and will anticipate this a bit. I have other things to do & show so be looking here within the next few days to a week :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:01 pm

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
AcidDragon wrote:Wow looks like you're 7 years (7???) late to my request but better late than never. LOL. Just kidding! Yeah, I'd love to have a visual stroll down memory lane with the TMNT! Thanks, dude!

Hah, yeah its been a long time hasn't it but then again it doesn't :?: OK good..anybody else what to see them :)

Sure thing, post those TMNT pics!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:57 pm

Webslinger wrote:
BrandonDaCollector wrote:
AcidDragon wrote:Wow looks like you're 7 years (7???) late to my request but better late than never. LOL. Just kidding! Yeah, I'd love to have a visual stroll down memory lane with the TMNT! Thanks, dude!

Hah, yeah its been a long time hasn't it but then again it doesn't :?: OK good..anybody else what to see them :)

Sure thing, post those TMNT pics!!!

Hey Webslinger, good your still here :)

OK guys, look for an update REALLY soon :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Here it is - With commentary!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:55 am

Well here it is, what you've been waiting for over seven long (or short) years...can you believe it :shock: I was thinkin' about it so the time has come. I have just taken pics of the entire set and I will provide a brief commentary/review of each figure. However I must give My rant towards Playmates, one of My favorite action figure companies. THE company that has had the TMNT licence since the late 80s, back in the day of some of the greatest times ever and especially if you were a kid is the absolute best! My first 2 TMNT figures ever were Donatello & Rocksteady back in 88!! After many great cartoons of the 80s such as He-man & She-ra, Bravestarr, Transformers among others started fading out I needed something new and lo-and-behold came the TMNT animated series! I was so excited, I loved turtles, animals, monsters ninjas, aliens, all of it! So, Playmates made this figures for many years and many video games had come out and time went on and they even faded out but they still were around they they got rebooted in the early 2000s and once again I found Myself collecting them new figs from Playmates and got most to My liking but things changed and I stopped the Turtle craze. So fast forward to 2014, there had been another reboot that I was not interested in. (They always gotta remake things, the second reboot was good and had its moments but not as great as the original and that usually that goes for everything IMO). During this time I was recovering My injury (I'm sure you guys remember that), I noticed that Playmates was making a classic series that IMO strongly resembled the MOTUC so I was so stoked about it thus had to get them, in fact I was really excited about because I was wow, here we go, classics of the TMNT! So, not to long after I got them (I say several months, maybe a bit longer) I saw that Bebop & Rocksteady was the last the new characters and that the turtles would be repainted and that they cancelled the series!!!!!!!!!! I was like NOW...WHY???????!!!!!!!!! I wanted Shredder, Krang, April & Splinter and a couple Foot Soldiers at least! So with all of that being said, I have felt since ten and I still feel that way that this was worst decision they ever made. I know people has their gripes about Playmates for various things but this to make tops the cake...no question about it :evil: OK rant is over. So I hope you are happy with this guys :D

Leonardo: He is favorite turtle in general, always has been. I love his choosing of blue & katanas and his good nature and . His new figure, like he brothers, is sculpted greatly and has a cool sewer lid/manhole cover with large pegs that fits nice but could be a little tighter. Also like his bros, he has over thirty POA and they move really nice and I believe that these are the most articulated TMNT figures ever. His figures & toes move too! His sword sheaths are really cool and they fit in nice & tug and come out good as well. Its really a dream come true for Me to have a Leo like this!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:56 am

Michelangelo: Ah, Mikey Mikey! I love this version of him. He follows in the half-shell like his older & wise bro when it comes to a standard of POA & and a stand. However, his has his nunchaku and the chains are actually of a thin metal! They swing & twirl like the real thing and I was kinda in joy about this...no more plastic, non-moving practice of the nunchakuka!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:56 am

Donatello: The genius of the turtle bros. He is really good as well. He has his Bo-Staff and it is painted to replicate that it is taped rather well. Besides his logo, color and weapon, he is like like his brothers standard.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:57 am

Raphael: Yes, Arguably My fave turtle of the set, Raph has his double Sais and they look decent fitting darn good in their slots and really doesn't get the way of his arms. All of the turtles has mean looks, grimaces, & grins on their faces making sure they look intimidated but Raph takes it to another level here. I love that expression as it is full of red rage!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles