Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

TMNT: Classic Collection - SPECIAL UPDATE 06/16/21!

Our favourite shell backs are back with a new hit TV series, a new movie and a plethora of colourful action figures to boot!

Re: TMNT: Classic Collection!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:58 am

Bebop: Yes, the first of the bad guys/mutant villains. Now the baddies are of a different bag from the turtles. Much like the originals and what makes this different is they don't share the same sculpts and they have less yet different points of articulation. Bebop has his iconic look with the mo-hawk, bandoleer, grenade and includes his drill-gun. He too has a custom name stand.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Rocksteady: Easily My fave of the baddies and arguably the best fig of the entire set. He has his all of his usual gear, the big machine gun, the machete and a removable helmet! Playmates continues their paintless trend of years past, things that could've been painted that isn't! It's really not a big deal to Me like it could be for others but I admit it would have been nice to have some extra paints apps. The sculpting is dynamic, love his ears, horns and teeth! Check out that classic looking bandoleer & grenade. Like his partner in crime Bebop he has turtle shells that is part of his outfit. Again, he also comes with sewer nameplate stand.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Included Playmates sales Booklet + bonus: Its a cool foldout preview of TMNT and I DO NOT own any of these in it! I love the blister cards front & back art and the little POA header.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:59 am

Super Groups Shot: Look at all the TMNT goodness. These are super fun to move around and to display together. Could you imagine if they wouldn't have made that brilliant choice of not continuing the series and have April, Master Splinter & Shredder here...especially April?!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:59 am

Size Comparison: BONUS! BONUS! Here is a quick size and look comparison of Mattle's Batman/MOTUC, Powergirl from DC Classics and MOTUC (My beloved Batros)!

WOW, I did it after all of these years! I hope you guys have enjoyed it. Please let Me know your thoughts and questions! Till next time, I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: TMNT: Classic Collection - HUGE UPDATE!!!!!!!

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:09 pm

Nice! I never did manage to get my hands on those Rocksteady and Bebop figures!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:12 am

AcidDragon wrote:Nice! I never did manage to get my hands on those Rocksteady and Bebop figures!

Thanks! Yes, the baddies and the Turtles are getting harder to come by and more expensive as well :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:36 am

OK, here is a small update for My TMNTC. I was thinking about it for a long while and so I thought yeah, let's do it! Here is a brief example of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classics vs. Masters of the Universe Classics "Filmation Series" :o

TMNTC vs. MOTUCFS. I chose Leonardo vs. Clawful :!: I made this decision because Leo is My favorite turtle and Clawful is My favorite MOTU villain and I have always loved his design in the Filmation animated TV show. Their scale IMO isn't that bad if you make exceptions. Two important aspects of these is that they are articulated really well and both has great sculpting making each other similar counterparts. The fact of the matter is they look like they came right out of those classic cartoons! So here they are :batsmile:

So, I hope you enjoyed this small update. I will have another update towards this topic in the near future. Till then, I'll see you around :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: TMNT: Classic Collection - SPECIAL UPDATE 06/16/21!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:26 pm

SUPER SPECIAL UDATE :!:

OK here it is, My special update that mentioned earlier a few day ago. It's something that I came up with and thought it was really needed and a treat to behold at the same time. Now, GET THIS---> I recently found My ENTIRE TMNT collection in storage that consists of My "original classic" TMNT from the 80s & 90s and My "Reboot" TMNT from 2003 and beyond. So, when I refound these great figures it popped in there about having a little showcase of this special presentation. It will be very brief and just examples but IMO it's kinda important to know and to see. So without further ado here is it!

2013/2014 TMNT Classics Leo and 1993 TMNT Toon Turtles Leo

2013/2014 TMNT Classics Don and 1993 TMNT Toon Turtles Don

2013/2014 TMNT Classics Mikey and 1993 TMNT Toon Turtles Mikey

2013/2014 TMNT Classics Ralph and 1993 TMNT Toon Turtles Ralph

Super comparison of 13/14 TMNTC and 93 Toon Turtles!

Here is special Turtles thru the ages comparison of how they were through the 80s, 90s and 2000s: Original 1988 Donnie (My VERY FIRST Turtle EVER!!), 93 Toon Donnie, 92 Movie Ralph, gimmick/special themed Turtles such as Universal Studios Monsters Mummy Raph, the 2003 reboot Mikey, and 13/14 TMNT Classics Leo!

So there you have it. Now, if you look at the reboot Mikey compared to the originals from the 80s & 90s, they are IN SCALE with them! So, when the time comes and I put on My HUGE showcase, I believe I will put them together and pretend that they are all part of the same series! Now you might have some questions so I will answer them right away. Like any of My collections, I do not have every figure nor character and variant and accessories maybe missing. Unfortunately I stopped collecting the original line after 95 which I really regret that and such and I stopped collecting the reboot series in 2005 and again I regret that. With that being said, both sets are IMO are really large and impressive in My view and will be so awesome when it is all said and done. Now it's gonna be a long while before I get it going because I have so much more to showcase in My other special topics and projects in the near future and so forth so please be patient but I will get to them in time!

Anyway until then, I hope you have enjoyed this small update :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: TMNT: Classic Collection - SPECIAL UPDATE 06/16/21!

Postby MajorCandidZero » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:04 am

I think my favorites were the toon style turtles way back.
MajorCandidZero
Civilian
Civilian

PreviousNext

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles