Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

WWE Figures!

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Re: WWE Figures!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:14 am

These prices are so ridicules, where is people getting the money :? $42 for a new released wrestling figure, INSANE :x

SWL, I said hi to you before and no hi back. Do I collect these, I gave you the link that answers this question before you even asked it :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:39 am

Yeah, I suppose the thinking is with that Britt Baker that you're getting two figures, but not really. I don't know. I love Britt but that's a lot. I'm not sure how sustainable these prices are. I noticed the newest ML wave at Target was $22.99 again instead of $24.99. Maybe they're starting to recognize there's a breaking point for many. Who knows. A Darby like this would be kind of neat because he's had a few different face paints and jackets over the years. I wouldn't buy it, but I think it'd be a good choice if the lines continues.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:29 am

It looks good and all that. Maybe the 2 figures thing is plausible but I'm seeing a huge package which is where they really sucker you in...your really paying for the extra packaging. Mattel did/does this since the Matty days and oh boy did Super7 really do it with their Andre the Giant, you'll see what I'm talking about when I get to showcasing him later on...I mean I paid $50 bucks for him :o :shock: :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh: With $45 I could get at least 2 POTF 2 Star Wars or Star Trek figures, some great vintage stuff I couldn't get before. That is what I think about before I even come close of getting involved with any of these modern action figures. I got Andre because Sideshow had him and he was actually on the cheapest figures they had (they changed so much) and I still had funds with them and had enough to get him for free as a Black Friday gift for Myself but they became really cheap as your reward money doesn't cover shipping so they still got $17.49 so basically $18 for shipping from Me...it was so ridicules :x Anyway, I'd rather have a somewhat detailed card & packaging then something that is so roomy and wasteful like that. I understand if your a MOCer and price is no object then by all means love it, buy it and admire it for what it is. Me, I'd rather have a blister card that is a bit detailed like a Kenner Alien, Predator, Batman, or a Hasbro WWF of even a McFarlane clamshell. I mean you still got a great figure with decent packaging (Playmates' Star Trek has extremely detailed packaging and they were so cheap so did Kenner/Hasbro's Star wars). I mean I'd rather sacrifice that and lower the price and get something that is really affordable instead but what can we do about it in this day and age? I would imagine that the line would continue since it seems like there's a ton of people that has moolah even in these days of price inflations. When I see AEW advertising them Slammers for $30 EACH I can't believe it either and I have no idea how people are buying complete sets of these much less the action figures but AEW is got the money so if they care about their figures they'll continue it and make darn sure of it. Vinnie Mac sure did when LJN went under as he quickly hired Hasbro and then got Jakks, Just Toys & Playmates in replacements & bonuses. Turner & Bischoff did too with Just Toys, Galoob & OSTM & ToyBiz. TNA was questionable with ToyBiz & Jakks however they did try :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles