Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: RESULTS!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:26 am

Well, here is My return to wrestling topics. I have loved wrestling since I was very little, check out My old/original topic from years ago.

**Please say spoilers if the event is over and it has been recent**

Anyway, I thought I would start a wrestling Pay Per View/Special Events topic. It will be limited to WWE, NXT & AEW and maybe limited to Impact among others. How apropos starting with the WWE Royal Rumble, 2021 :batsmile: First, just saw a commercial of buying it for $54.95!! WHY would you do that when you can get it for $9.99 on the WWE Network or even just get the clips on YouTube?? Anyway, if you have been watching Raw & Smackdown over the last few weeks then you know what is going down. Here is the current card as I speak. One more thing, the RR has always been one of My fave WWF/WWE events for the longest time. So with that being said, I hope there is some surprising entrants in both rumbles, some that we aren't expecting and at least 2 legends in each. So with out further ado, talk about your thoughts of the event for tonite :)

Card Subject To Change

Women's Royal Rumble match

Men's Royal Rumble match

Drew McIntyre (WWE World Champion) vs. Goldberg

Roman Reigns (Universal Champion) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Kevin Owens

Sasha Banks (Smackdown Women's Champion) vs. Carmella (with Reginald)

Asuka and Charlotte Flair (Women's Tag team Champions) vs. Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler

Maybe a bonus - Bobby Lashley (US Champion) vs. Riddle

Maybe a bonus - Asuka (WWE Raw Women's Champion vs. ???????

Maybe a bonus - The Dirty Dawgs (Ziggler & Roode (SD TT Champs vs. ???????

Maybe a bonus - The Hurt Business - Benjamin & Alexander (Raw TT Champs) vs. ???????

Maybe a bonus - R-Truth (24/7 Champion) vs. ???????
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:52 am, edited 89 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Offical Wrestling PPV Topics: The Royal Rumble IS TONITE

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:45 am

I always get pumped for the appearance of legends. :D It's crazy to me that the WWE has a big enough women's roster to do a 30 women Royal Rumble. That's crazy!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:10 am

AcidDragon wrote:I always get pumped for the appearance of legends. :D It's crazy to me that the WWE has a big enough women's roster to do a 30 women Royal Rumble. That's crazy!

Glad to hear it! Yes, it is and I love it!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:21 pm

I'm on the fence. I've just not cared at all about Smackdown or Raw for a good 8 months nows. Raw is almost unwatchable live, and Smackdown just doesn't have much I care about. I resubscribed for the Network for Surivor Series after I cancelled it after WM. They managed to sell me on Drew vs Roman even though I fully expected shenanigans. But I cancelled it again after that. I barely watch any WWE anymore.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:41 pm

I'm more of a classic wrestling guy but they still get me with the Rumble each year. lol.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:57 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I'm on the fence. I've just not cared at all about Smackdown or Raw for a good 8 months nows. Raw is almost unwatchable live, and Smackdown just doesn't have much I care about. I resubscribed for the Network for Surivor Series after I cancelled it after WM. They managed to sell me on Drew vs Roman even though I fully expected shenanigans. But I cancelled it again after that. I barely watch any WWE anymore.

I know what you mean. Everything gets changed at the last second literally by McMahon!

AcidDragon wrote:I'm more of a classic wrestling guy but they still get me with the Rumble each year. lol.

Yes, I am too! I must say having the WWE network for the classic eras of wrestling is worth price alone for the network. Soon look for many wrestling topics that I have planned for the board including classic ones!

Till next time, see you around :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:19 pm

Rumble was ok. Kind of underwhelming surprise entrants and a little too paint by numbers.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:15 am

Well, her be My visual results of the 2021 WWE Royal Rumble with brief thoughts of Mine, remember, if you haven't seen the event or read the results, SPOILERS AHEAD!

Awesome Intro & Kickoff Show.

Goldberg is defeated by Drew McIntyre and he retains the WWE Title! I for one was hoping Goldberg would win one more time but oh well.

Sasha Banks lookin' gorgeous and Carmella is smokin' hot in a great match. Sasha wins but really I don't think I would have minded if it was the opposite.

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:15 am

Bad Bunny performs (very weird concert) but I was very disappointed that Booker T DID NOT dance...WHY??? The Women's Royal Rumble begins. Hot Bayley is #1 and a returning Naomi drew number 2! Shotzi Blackheart drives her tank down the ramp while Billie Kay is in her way!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:16 am

WOW, Victoria is BACK! I have been wanting her back for years and to be in the WWE HOF! She is one of My all-time faves and I think she is still great!

Holy cow, Santana Garrett shows up in the Rumble! She hasn't been on NXT TV in months! She is one of My faves of the original indi babes!

Hah, two of My current fave women in NXT and in wrestling in general...Toni Storm and Rhea Ripley! Both have such great history together. I just love Rhea, I find her incredible in so many ways!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT