Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

TV Guest Stars or Hollywood Goes Hollywood Edition

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: TV Guest Stars or Chuck Can't Say Jerichoholics

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:53 am

Disco will always be Disco, lol. I like how Chuck mispronounces Jericholics twice like it's really that tough a word to pronounce.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: TV Guest Stars or That Time HHH was on The Drew Carey Sh

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:59 am

:D :lol:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

TV Guest Stars or Wrestlers on TV Halloween Edition

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:49 pm

Yep, Halloween is even taking over the wrestling threads.

Plumbers by day, ghost hunters by night, we were into Ghost Hunters from the start (I've actually met Jay, Grant, Dteve, and Britt at Lily Dale, NY a long time ago). Been watching it since it debuted way in 2004, Back then there wasn't a lot of great paranormal content on TV unlike today where I think the only travel the TRVL channel actually does is to abandon sanitariums (leave me be). Before that you had Scariest Places on Earth but that was more watching people freak themselves out in haunted places, Ghost Hunters was really the first actual show that went in search of ghosts weekly.

I didn't get into Ring of Honor until the 2010s. I had a friend when I worked overnights at Walmart that was really into the indy scene and he'd let me borrow some of his ROH DVDs from 2003-06 and he always talked about this guy named CM Punk.

Then a couple things happened. First, CM Punk went to the WWE. Then WWE made their own version of ECW, which was kind of ECW in name only, and the show would go on to air on, weirdly enough, the SyFy. And what else was on the SyFy channel back then? Yep, Ghost Hunters.

I smell a crossover, Dwayne.

So in 2006 Ghost Hunters decided to have a live ghost hunt at the Stanley Hotel (the place that inspired "The Shining") on Halloween night, and added to the gang was Phil Brooks himself.

Everyone looks so young!

Did they catch anything? Honestly, it was so long ago I don't remember much. I do remember being kind of bored and disappointed after 3 or 4 hours at like 2 in the morning, but I realize being live that's kind of the risk they take. But hey, it happened.

I like this DVD cover because it reminds me of old comics when there'd be a guest star and they'd be in a box in the corner on the cover announcing their appearance.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: TV Guest Stars or Wrestlers on TV Halloween Edition

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:18 am

I really never watched that one, Ghost shows isn't My fave when it comes to actual spirits and stuff but that was cool :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:22 pm

Well, hey, not to be outdone, the gang went back to the ECW well again in 2007 when they investigated Kentucky's Wavery Hills Sanitarium love on Halloween night 2007 with the Pope himself, Elijah Burke. And things happened.

I can't say all these ghost shows are real. I can't say they're all fake. I think they may be somewhere in between. But who knows. I still find them fun to watch most of the time.

Guess Elijah wasn't a big enough guest star for the cover.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:39 am

Dang, I had no idea about Burke either :shock: Cool PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:34 pm

Then you probably didn't know about the following year that was...

AWESOME!

Per wwe.com 10/27/08:

The Miz is ready to get spooked this Halloween. ECW's self-proclaimed "chick magnet" will be a special guest on Sci Fi's Ghost Hunters' live, all-night Halloween episode, when the TAPS team returns to Fort Delaware, a haunted Civil War POW camp.

"On Friday night, it's going to be Halloween," said The Miz. "I'm going to be in a haunted place, and it's going to be dark, it's going to be one of the most fearful nights known to man. I'm going to be there, with these guys, who are trained professionals, to chase ghosts, to hunt ghosts. I'm hunting a ghost. I'm hunting Slimer!"

Nothing screams ECW like the Miz, lol.

He may not have seen a ghost, but this girl sure looked possessed...

Happy Halloween!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:03 pm

I know what you're thinking, ECW was cancelled that year so that was the end of the WWE guest stars, right? Just a minute there, professor. Yoda says there is another. And the next year the Halloween Live episode....

...was in Buffalo!

And the guest wrestler stayed all night until it was a...new day.

I don't remember if anything happened. Hell, I couldn't find any clips on youtube so not much must've happened. I'm curious if Kofi was still using his accent by then or not. I really don't remember. Since I couldn't find any actual clips, here's a bit on the Terminal....

I always thought it looked a little like the Hall of Justice, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:11 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:20 am

Dang, great stuff PB. I never saw any of that before :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT