Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

TV Guest Stars or Hollywood Goes Hollywood Edition

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: TV Guest Stars or Wrestlers on TV Halloween Edition

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:53 am

So I just posted a very special Harry and the Hendersons spotlight in My Cryptozzology topic, if you haven't check it out yet go it, there's some great stuff there :)

OK, they made a TV show based from the film with new cast members except for Kevin Peter Hall whom plays Harry, again see My topic, this is one of the last times he was ever on screen :( Anyway, this series didn't last long but it was pretty cool. I briefly watched this on the Family Channel (remember that channel?, yeah there was actually one like that :shock: before I'd go to school in 91"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan makes a great cameo here and he is still in his prime. You can see how big Harry is compared to him and if you ever wondered what it would be like if a Bigfoot ever got in a wrestling ring now here's your chance to find out during this classic time :batsmile:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:05 am

Hey, Duggan looks in pretty good shape there. I've sort of gotten used to see the big beer belly Hacksaw in recent years, lol. I loved the movie as a kid. Never really watched the show as it was one of those shows like Small Wonder that aired as first run syndication, so it was on at random times on the weekend. That was, interesting. Hooooooooooooooooooooooo!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:06 am

You better believe it, like I said, Duggan was still in his prime and before he got sick in 93. Of course he was still great when he got well and he returned after that :)

Harry and the Hendersons 4.jpg
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: TV Guest Stars or Wrestlers on TV, Suddenly Hollywood

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:33 pm

We haven't done one of these in almost a year, but since it's the Hulksters 70th birthday, I thought I'd post this.

I never watched Suddenly Susan. In fact, anything with Kathy Griffin in it would almost certainly make me immediately change the channel. But reruns currently air on Rewin TV, a digital antenna channel, and one day a few months ago I happened to land on the channel and there was Hollywood Hogan himself.

The original air date was May 1999 on NBC. It was just never a show I paid much attention to since it aired at the same time as That 70s Show on Fox and Monday Night Football on ABC, plus a couple shows called Monday Night Raw and WCW Nitro. I also played in a hockey league on Monday nights back then so there was pretty much no chance I would ever watch Suddenly Susan. And to be honest, by 1999 I'd be much more likely to tune in to a show that had an Attitude Era WWF guest star as opposed to someone from WCW.

But here's what I think is a condensed version of all of Hollywood's scenes...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: TV Guest Stars or Hollywood Goes Hollywood Edition

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:52 am

I haven't posted here in a long while because I have one that's connected to a project that I'm almost done with, I don't what what others' reasons are. I never seen that before, that was cool. Hogan is still in the heyday there. I was never a fan of Kathy Griffin. Thanks for bringing this up PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:12 pm

Yeah, I had no idea this existed until just recently and then his birthday made me think of it again.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:28 am

Yeah,it's funny how things like that happen :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:09 am

So I found it and how apropos that today is New Year's Eve, the final day of the anniversaries. Here's Giant Gonzales guest starring as Manny the Pelican Man in the hit TV series Baywatch in 1993, 30 years ago this year :!:

It's pretty good quality. If you don't want to watch the whole thing just skip to Gonzales's scenes. The other story of the episode is kinda sad with Pamela Anderson's boyfriend. Like I had said before, this was quite big for Me back in 93 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT