Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Multiverse

Mattel got its feet wet in the 3.75" market with Infinite Heroes initially with figures inspired by the Crisis on Infinite Earths cross-over, later adding figures from Public Enemies, modern Teen Titans and more. Fast forward to 2013, they're going to try their hand at 3.75" again. This time promising a much higher quality product in the DC Multiverse Toyline!

Re: DC Multiverse

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:18 pm

Well, if you bought Zod I'd imagine that you would kneel before him.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby faustX » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:45 pm

Man, that Azrael is wack. Im not too hip, have they made a high quality 'Sword of Azrael' period action figure? The classic costume? Ir even one of his dad's costume would be righteous.
faustX
Civilian
Civilian

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Yeah, gimme a sec. I took a picture of the DCUC one. I'll post it in a sec.

There you go. These are the 3 versions of Azrael that Mattel produced in the past. The middle one (Sword of Azrael) was a DC Superheroes figure later released under the DCUC brand in a two pack.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:10 pm

90's capes are X-TREME!!!!!!!!!!!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm just waiting for the Knightfall Batman figures arms to snap off at the elbow one day. Those things have the thickness of a kebab skewer.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikey1974 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:23 am

mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

NYCC 4" Movie Masters

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:58 am

I'm going to buy these guys, but upon seeing these upcoming 4" Movie Masters-ish figures, I have mixed feelings..since they obviously have the likeness rights, why didn't they want to make them in the same vein as the 6" Movie Masters to keep with the same stylization?

The sculpting is quite good (especially Oswald) though also lacking in some areas at the same time.

Part me of also is thinking that this is a test for remaking these into 6" scale down the road, depending how these do...just my internal conspiracy theorist starting the day early.

Anyone else going to buy these figs? What are your thoughts?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:04 am

Mattel heard us, but just didn't listen...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: NYCC 4" Movie Masters

Postby mikey1974 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:15 am

yeah,I'm pissed myself. they made Adam West Batman and Christian Bale Batman lines in the 6" Movie Masters scale,you'd think it would be logical to continue on that path. but this is Mattel,so of course not!

they really seem desperate - for years now - to try and switch completely over to the 3 3/4" market,but all their lines in that scale fail. I just look at this as another attempt.
mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Re: NYCC 4" Movie Masters

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:30 am

I'm not a mod, so if one wants to come in an scold me for doing this, I understand, but we've already talked a heck of a lot about these figures in the Multiverse thread (they are under Mattel's Multiverse line), so it's probably best and easiest to keep the conversation in that thread:
http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/dc-universe-3-75-scale-lines-from-mattel/dc-multiverse-t62.html
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe 3.75" Scale Lines from Mattel