Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:30 am

What's the deal with this $5 figure thing? Is it some kind of unadvertised sale, or what?

My Katana's coming in tomorrow from Amazon! She'll be part of my Squad display. I also picked up what is probably a Chinese bootleg of the Tamashii Burning Flame Dark Effect (real one here; $15 vs. $55 - I'll settle for the fake). Perfect for Nightshade, I think.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:47 am

Not sure if it's an error or what, but the Doomsday and Justice Buster waves seem to be scanning at $5.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:00 am

That's insane. I really wish there were figures I wanted in those waves. I might spring for a Fatman if I see him, though.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:19 pm

Yeah, sadly $5 is what it would take for me to by many of the choices in those waves. Wouldn't mind a couple Supergirls for that price just for the skirts. She has some weird kind of tumor on the back of her neck though if you remove the head (damndest thing I've ever seen on a figure).
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:55 pm

Got Katana and Amazon Harley in mail today. Harley was just fodder. Katana probably too, but she's actually a nice figue. Will probably grab a few more if I see her in store Now if only that wave was $5 I'd load up on Deadshots just for generic soldiers, grab some Harleys, Katanas...ah, to sleep perchance to dream.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:51 pm

I found out something interesting/odd with the New 52 Doomsday BAF/CNC. I haven't really been paying much attention to these figures, and I wasn't really interested with any of the figure in this way. I was thinking that the New 52 Doomsday was going to be on the same base body as the Signature series, so I thought about getting some of the parts to use with some of my older DCUC Kilowog/Validus parts for customs. Even though it looks like the same body it actually a lot smaller :smhuh:
Doomsdays.jpg
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:31 pm

So he's actually the proper size for Doomsday?

What an awful looking design. Who the heck thought goat horns was a great update?

"Now give him 50% more spikes so he looks 50% more tougher!"
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Yeah it's actually a perfect size for a classic Doomsday. It sucks that they used the crappy new 52 design for this figure. Funny thing is the signature size would have been prefect for the new 52 Doomsday and this new one would have been perfect for the classic. Yeah the goat horns are very goofy.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:29 pm

Wow...he's a lot smaller than I thought he was gonna be; and just as lame
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:58 pm

But I'll still get him anyways...haha
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel