Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:55 am

packerbacker180 wrote:I'm guessing it's going to be 3 and 3 like the other Multiverse waves but how that breaks up with the different BAF versions is beyond me. thankfully I don't really care much for that BAF so I can just pick up a couple females for fodder eventually and not have to worry about chasing any down. Though, to be fair, after the initial release, none of the previous figures have been very hard to find.

Yeah, that's what it looks like on BBTS. Which I guess makes sense in this case - stagger the releases ahead of the movie so you don't saturate the shelves on something people aren't familiar with yet. And I think the BAF variants are mostly in the TRU exclusives, aren't they? Which is another idea I actually like, the variants. If only Matty would incorporate all these decent ideas into a wave of something I cared about, but we're stuck with the Snyderverse for the foreseeable future.

Ah well, it's a Katana summer for me at least. I preordered the SDCC exclusive from an eBay seller, and I'll have this one for my Squad shelf.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:01 pm

Also, it looks like Wal-Mart's getting exclusive Rick Flag and El Diablo figures? I'm guessing Enchantress isn't happening at mass retail because of her costume. Seems like SDCC would've been a good venue for her.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:42 pm

Saw that. Diablo looks like garbage. Will by Flagg just to make a Steve Trevor out of him.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:05 pm

I might buy Flagg just to have one for my Squad shelf, and I'm not really intent on any specific one for him (I always preferred Nemesis).

Diablo looks bad. I would've considered him just for the possibility of flame effects, but he's definitely not their best work.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:13 pm

Even the flame effects look awful.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:29 am

They almost look like the same hands from the Marvel Legends Electro figure LOL
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Webslinger » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:27 pm

Found Deadshot at TRU today, only 2 of him left on shelf... a fairly decent figure great articulation. His ab crunch I could go either way on but other than that a pretty solid figure. Looks better with mask on (sorry Will Smith)...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:31 am

Closest TRU to me is Appleton and my cousin was there yesterday...nothing. We're actually bitching to each other right now about the lack of quality and quantity in pretty much all scales and brands...sadly the days of browsing and finding something awesome seem to be coming to an end in the wild
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:03 am

Waiting on my Wal-Mart to finally restock the figure aisle - it's been two weeks or so. Tempted to just eBay Flag, but I know as soon as I do that I'll see him $10 cheaper in the wild.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:12 pm

I picked up Harley and Flagg the other day. Harley mostly for the head/hair and Flagg to possibly convert into Steve Trevor. Still waiting on the to put out a figure I actually want for my collection. Probably going to buy the CW Supergirl figure but that's because I like that skirt for possibly making Arisia. When they get back to classic figures they'll have my full attention. Black Superman and SuperDoom just seem like poor selections for a line trying to get a hold back in the market again.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel