Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Who would upset you if they selected it as one last figure?

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Who would upset you if they selected it as one last figu

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:30 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Justice Freak » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:43 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Perez Zatanna. So sick of a few people clamoring for her when so many other characters never had one figure made. Wercs reh!

Sorry but I'm one of them and I feel the exact same way about the Damien Robin figure and the Rainbow Lantern Characters.
Justice Freak
Civilian
Civilian

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:58 pm

You are forgiven.

That's cool. I hate those figures, too. I'd have no problem with the Perez Z if she hadn't been made yet. But since she has a figure already, and we're talking about one last gasp, I'd be pretty upset if she was Rosebud. Especially over someone like Vixen who never got one figure (despite being on two different box arts). If the sub went on a for a few years and she snuck in eventually, I could deal. But honestly, I got tired of seeing one or two people on the mattyforum board constantly hammer away at TG and all of us like she was wanted by the majority of collectors and threatening not to sub unless she was revealed. Maybe I'm spiteful for feeling like that, but I'm human. And the 'fan demanded' figures revealed for next year didn't do very well, and 3 of 5 (4 of 5 if you count a 'Robin') were all figures that had prior versions released. We can all debate whether that made a difference or if the sub was fated to die anyway, but no one can argue that those figures were desired enough to get the sub over the hill.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:03 pm

I'm pretty much in the camp where I'd take anything that was DCUC styled that wasn't a complete reissue at this point even if it was a rainbow lantern or Perez Zatanna. I didn't want them before when I knew the line had limited slots, but now if they were released, I'd probably take them. :mksad:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HectorHall » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Ready for the controversy?......Light blue Superman. i could give less than a mosquito fart.
The Superman I have that came with Brainiac is good enough for me. Heat vision eyes. Cool.
The other ones that I have seen people ask for would be ....dum.dum.dummmm any civilian.
Commisioner Gordon, Jimmy Olsen, Alfred....etc. No costume, no Bueno. I have been a fan of Constantine since his appearances in Swamp Thing, but I never needed him as an action figue. Guy in a trenchcoat. I have him next to Swamp Thing, I think of him as an accessory. If they announced one last figure or series of figures, that included fan demanded civilians......money saved indeed.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Tango X » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:51 pm

I've seen Light Blue Supes pop up from time to time on eBay as well, and not always for insane prices... So if people are willing to do a little bit of work then they can find their light blue Superman. Oh, here's another one that I don't want: Cheetah IV, seriously, that guy looks... weird... and I would file him under the same folder as Shark in "Seriously, who asked for these guys?". Also, the funny helmet/neck brace Orion from Super Powers. :smroll:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:23 am

Tango X wrote: Also, the funny helmet/neck brace Orion from Super Powers. :smroll:

Oh, god, yes. I mean, I love Super Powers and I often get nostalgic for the 80's, but no no no no. I don't know why anyone would want to pay for that Orion-Faces figure. It looked terrible then, no way it'd look any better now. Something's are better left in the past.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:00 am

packerbacker180 wrote:
Tango X wrote: Also, the funny helmet/neck brace Orion from Super Powers. :smroll:

Something's are better left in the past.

True dat
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Smallville » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 am

Basically any character other then Vixen, Mera, Johnny Thunder, Zod, Dawnstar, and Indigo-1 xD
Smallville
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Caleb » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:44 am

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the light blue Supes. Like you guys already said, if you're patient and actually willing to do the work, he can be found pretty cheaply on Ebay (when he actually shows up). Nowhere near Cassandra Cain or SC Sinestro (W3) prices, at least - heck, you'd probably spend more getting your hands on Lead and Elastigirl than a light blue Supes. Honestly, he's never been on my list. I'm fine with the All-Star version, now that I finally managed to snag him. But if I DID need brighter paints on my Superman, I'd just camp out on the Bay.

I've always been kind of shocked that people were willing to pay sub prices for him when they could get a regular DCUC Superman on Ebay for ten bucks and a can of Testor's / a model paint brush for five bucks. It's like that whole "Solid Blue" cowl Batman figure - seriously, it's not THAT hard to get the black wash off a Wave 1 Batman's cowl. You don't need to spend $30 just to be lazy.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel