Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

....3...2...1...Countdown to the New Year!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: ....3...2...1...Countdown to the New Year!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:14 am

NOTE: Don't forget My reply on the FIRST PAGE ;)

Here is a great GBII New Years COMPILATION :!:

and here is U2's NEW YEAR'S DAY...I have always loved this song :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scmm: :scbaf: :scaq:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAVE A SAFE & HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY :!: :) :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

I just got in the house not that long ago...it was EXHAUSTING but quite fun :shock: Believe it or not I still had Fireworks...yes I still had FIREWORKS but from when :? They were still from 1992 :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Oh yes, over 30 years ago LAST YEAR :!: They still worked marvelous and seems liked they graced with age. Before My finale I did My usual yelling up at the sky and over the neighborhood and yelled liked STING several times and then I did a hybrid of HHH & MICHAEL BUFFER saying are you ready a few times then I said GET READY TO S*CK IT AND GET READY TO RUMBLE IN THE NEW YEAR :batlol: :wwlol: :smsmh: I changed My voice of course and I was very, very LOUD :batwink:

Look for a VERY SPECIAL FIREWORKS Showcase in My Odds & Ends sometime TODAY :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:49 pm

It's funny because when you posted Mothman Prophecies my initial thought was, why now? I know now, I guess I don't automatically associate Ghostbusters II and MP with this time of year. Good stuff.

Anyway, I meant to post this on Sunday but got sidetracked. The first two minutes is instrumental, and it's a bit slow and sad, but I song I really like. It made me start a short story back then that I really liked the concept, it went in reverse order on New Year's Eve like section 10 was first and just before midnight and ends with a wife throwing a drink in her husbands face at a party (this actually occurred to a friend at a party and I kind of got the idea from it) and the story would work it's way back in the course of that day to sort of fill out the lead up, and after it got to 1 the last section would be post-midnight. But sadly I lost the disc it was on (it was long ago) before I ever completed it.

But I always think of this song this time of year and then it makes me think of that story I never finished.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:38 am

Well thanks PB. Oh I have I mean how can you not :? Mothman Prophecies is during the winter & Christmas time and keep in mind I posted that on December 20 and it was still 2022 which was crucial cause it was it's 20th anniversary from 2002 and detailed it as much as possible :o Also, GBII is a really a Holiday film and I mean it's all over in the movie and Ray even says "The Holidays Are Coming" and as you saw in the clips it's super heavy on New Year :!: Thanks PB :)

That song is ok, I wasn't familiar with it or Cuddy at all. That's some story you have there ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:41 am

Yeah, I haven't sat down and watched GBII in a long time, same with Mothman Prophecies. Jim Cuddy is one of the tow lead singers of Blue Rodeo who I covered songs from in several topics, Christmas music and the general music thread. I'm a sucker for stories within songs.

I regret I never finished that story, I think about it a lot this time of year, but it was almost twenty years ago, and I don't think I could reproduce it now if I tried as I'm not the same person I was back then and I'm pretty out of shape when it comes to writing. I think the concept was pretty neat, but it's lost to time. I have plenty of my other short stories and partial novel still on file and print, but that one sadly got lost. Sigh.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:04 am

I was wondering about that, I didn't know the individual names. Yeah, 20 years is a long time. Shame about that PB but at least you did what you just did here PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:14 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:03 pm

Woohoo! Get the count started!!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:40 am

I can't believe Christmas is over and now we're heading for a new Year. I was looking what I did about GBII above, hah, I love that so much :)

Oh I recall Y2K :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:03 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:36 am

How about that Teen Titans :scbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions