Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

....3...2...1...Countdown to the New Year!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

....3...2...1...Countdown to the New Year!

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:20 am

Yeah, like Annie said about tomorrow, it's only a day away, but I thought we could do some stuff for New Year's Eve and Day, so that's like a 3 day window of fun and nostalgia, really. I'm not going to set up a bunch of threads so we're just going to do a one thread catch-all. I'm going to post whatever New Years-y kind of stuff I can find throughout the next couple of days and I encourage anyone else who would like to join in on the fun to do so, just don't go all Anderson Cooper after midnight and start posting, because nobody wants to see a picture of that.

How was everyone's 2022? Mine was pretty up and down, with some good highs and some bad lows, and a couple of snowstorms tossed in just to be extra sucky included seven feet a month ago, and a blizzard that lasted from December 22nd to the 26th. I seriously want to move south.

I'm going to start out with my favoirte New Year's cartoon, sure, it might be the only one, but that doesn't mean it isn't the best. Anyway, here's Happy New Year, Charlie Brown! as it appeared n the cartoon thread last year, or the year before...I don't even know anymore. Where am I?

packerbacker180 wrote:I wanted to get this out before the holiday since it's a shame Happy New Year, Charlie Brown! doesn't appear to be on TV this year since stupid Apple had to buy the rights to Peanuts for their stupid Apple+ that they can shove right up Tim Cook's core (apple...core...hello?).

Maybe it's because this came out in 1986 when I was 8 that I've always been particularly fond of this Peanuts special, but after The Great Pumpkin and A Charlie Brown Christmas, this is probably my favorite Peanuts special.

Poor Chuck just wants to dance with the Little Red Headed Girl but he has to read War and Peace during Christmas break. There's a couple songs from this I've always remembered, and while the comedy in Peanuts is never over the top like other cartoons, Peanuts has always had that subtle charm that endures. I wish it were on PBS or even ABC, but stupid Apple ruins everything.

I may never actually do the Foxtrot, but I kinda sorta know how...

Musical chairs!

Poor Peppermint Patty just wants to get with Chuck while Chuck wants the LRHG and Marcie watches idly by opining for Patty's peppermint. Sally wants Linus, Linus dances with the LRHG while Chuck sleeps. Lucy wants Schroeder, Schroeder wants a full-sized piano, while Snoopy wants to lick Lucy's face and put an end to the Red Baron. Holy crap, I never realized what a children's soap opera Peanuts really is, someone should make a Wonder Years or adult sitcom with all these characters, come on, Apple and Charles Schulz's descendants!

WARNING: VULGAR LANGUAGE
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: ....3...2...1...Countdown to the New Year!

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:12 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:31 am

Oh boy a new year topic now :shock: How's My 2022 :?: What do you think :?: It could've been better to say it mildly :roll:

Well, the Christmas threads were starting to slow down the last couple weeks so I don't know. All of this looks good PB especially with Peanuts. I'm gonna tell ya right now, I got dibs on Ghostbusters II, that has some of the of the best & My favorite New Years scenes.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:42 am

Sounds good, since there's only a couple days I'll probably post more than once per day, so keep an eye out, and tell me....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:49 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:17 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:27 pm

Haaappy New Year (soon!!!)
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:20 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:32 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:09 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Sounds good, since there's only a couple days I'll probably post more than once per day, so keep an eye out, and tell me....

EDIT: Wow PB, all of that was so good, great New Years stuff :) The was a cool DC vid inspiration there. I really liked the old WWF stuff. you really can't get better than that. The that was cool seeing King Curtis Iaukea, I always liked him, those scars he had was arguably even worse than Abdullah the Butcher I loved it that he was the Master of he Dungeon of Doom in 95. Amazing how there was Barry Windham's dad & Wyatt's Granddad, you sure can tell it's him and Roman's Dad & Uncle. See if today's wrestling will show something that gracious now :roll:

I'm going easy here, here is this GBII, Vigo's New Year starts @ 1:24 :blhal:

I'll have 2 more plus a bonus after Midnite TONIGHT :batwink:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to General Discussions