Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: Christmas Music

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Christmas Music

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:34 am

Wham! is the best Christmas song ever, no argument. I can no longer hear Do They Know it's Christmas without hearing the Venture Bros. version in my head, especially Dean saying, "Thanks God". It's actually the superior version.

This was something I heard a bunch when I worked part time at Kohls a few years ago....

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:50 am

All of those are good Acid & PB :)

Gosh PB, I didn't know you worked at Kohl's :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:15 pm

I just came across this today while looking for Christmas cartoon clips so I thought I'd share it here as well in case someone missed it because they aren't following the cartoon thread like good little girls and boys...enjoy!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:43 pm

Never seen that one before, that guy did a good dub :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:33 pm

I'll throw another one out there....
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:40 am

Wow PB, I never saw that before :o I thought it was a cute and cleverly done video :wwgrin: Brought back memories of Run DMC! They were the first I saw in a group. I remember seeing them at Wrestlemania V and I loved their Ghostbusters II song back in 89! Really cool PB :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :scaq: :scbaf: :schal: :scmm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Countdown to Christmas: Christmas Music

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:54 pm

We kind of did a soft start of these topics last year with some music to set the mood. Sometimes it feels like just me and Brandon are going around and around in these threads.

Rather than start up a new one this year, I figured we'd just continue with last year's model since it already contains some pretty good Christmas songs, and that way we don't have to repeat them. So press, play rock around the Christmas tree, you grinch.

I loved this song when I was a kid. Back then we didn't have google so we just called it the Snoopy song. It wasn't until years later I actually learned who sang it. Still, it's one of my favs.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:38 pm

Hmmm... Here's one that comes to mind.

Futurama's somewhat dystopian version of Christmas where Santa Claus is an evil robot.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:35 am

Yeah PB, I know. Its just not Us & Acid, there's other here that just come and go and they skip all of our great content...what a shame :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Thems are are good. Snoopy rocks! FUTURAMA!

OK, well PB, you posted Die Hard...well you cannot talk about Die Hard and NOT talk about the superb score by the legendary Michael Kamen Surely your familiar with him? He did the first 3 Die Hard films and all 4 Lethal Weapon movies, Event Horizon. The MORGAN CREEK theme is actually his superb Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves theme and so much more and was best friends with Metallica & conducted their awesome S&M Concert in 1999! I was so sad when Kamen died it 2003 :( He was so brilliant & great :)

I hope you PB & Acid give this a shot cause we just don't talk about movie music scores enough here, I mean I'm trying to! You see a pic of him right away here in this suite...listen to this action Christmas masterpiece :scbat: :scsm: :scww: Give Me your thoughts please :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:19 pm

See, that sounds a little Christmas-y.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions