Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Go£&amn Packers!!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Go£&amn Packers!!!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:38 am

I may not watch the Super Bowl(and if you really knew me you'd know what kind of statement that is--we're talking about someone who watches preseason games, the Senior Bowl, East-West Shrine Game, etc). I really don't want either team to win. I really like Seattle's def and Wilson, but just like when he was in Buffalo, as soon as I start to appreciate Lynch for his on-field talent, he'll quickly remind you that he's kind of an a$$hole in real life. I would not be too upset if he really did retire like he talks about every year. If you don't want to be 'forced' to do interview then go get a real job that doesn't pay you more than what I make in a year to just sit there and be a douche to reporters.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:13 pm

If I could clap in words, then I'm giving you a standing ovation...

I'm DVRing the COMMERCIAL BOWL and fast forwarding the so-called sporting event
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:16 pm

Packerbacker - I understand exactly how you feel. My feelings about Marshawn Lynch (I'm from Seattle) is that he is a talented hard-nose running back that does his job quite well; but he's takes an immature way of handling the social media when it's requires him to do so. I think he is a jerk off the field and I do not want to be around him at all. But, I'm of fan of the Beast Mode and once he gets rolling nothing can stop him - to me he is a Juggernaut and that's why I feel that the Patriots will have it's hands full dealing with him.

Anyway, I just don't know what the Seahawks are going to do when he does retire from football - but he's an interesting character that many people across this nation view him as an immature fellow and I can see that crystal clear for all he worth.

I'm rooting for the Seahawks to win their Super Bowl and go up 2-1 in Super Bowl Play. Our Defense and I hope that Russell Wilson gets a chance to get out of the pocket and work his magic against the Patriots and they do have a great defense as well. I think that this game will be a close one and I think it is a toss-up by all means necessary.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:46 pm

We're talking about someone who got kicked out of a Buffalo bar for sneaking in his own alcohol. I don't know what kind of money he made as a rookie,but it had to be over a mil, immature is right. That's why the Bills gave him away for next to nothing. It doesn't seem like he's changed much. He's talented for sure, first round draft pick, but at the same time, have some respect and class or just go sell used cars like Josh Gordon.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:21 am

We're also talking about someone who tried to personally return a wallet he found at a gas station. The more everyone is upset by his behavior, the more I scratch my head. What do you want? In depth analysis from another athlete? Some are quite good at handling the media and some come across just plain wrong, (read "jerk", "stupid", "opinionated"...etc.) Perhaps he just doesn't want to be painted into a corner, whatever. In my job, I have to speak to groups in a meeting type setting often enough. I have spoken to groups as large as 100 employees. It's not always easy. If you heard his clips from today, I think he aquits himself well enough. Besides, my favorite Seahawk is Kam Chancellor anyway. Cuz he BRINGS THE PAIN!
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby HectorHall » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:24 am

Oh yeah, almost forgot...Aaron Rodgers is a jerk. Instead of taking responsibility for losing a championship game he says "the better team lost today". Too bad they don't have a way to make a quantitative decision on who the better team is at the end of a game. Oh yeah they do. The score.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:05 am

C'Mon, Lynch has a pretty substantial history of dick moves beyond media interactions, don't get so defensive. You guys were the "better team" for three maybe minutes and were onside kick bounce away from having the most players in the Pro-Bowl last week.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:29 am

Lynch has plenty of dick moves. ok. I don't know the guy personally. From what I've seen and heard he doesn't strike me as a bad guy.
Whatever you think of the game as a whole, the opposing quarterback showed less than "class" with that comment. You are right, for three quarters+ the Seahawks gave the Packers every opportunity to go to the Super Bowl. The better team played all the way through the 4th quarter and won the game in overtime.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:12 am

You guys won, I cam't deny that. But it came down more to chicken conservative calls by one side and a lucky bounce on an onside kick to a third-string TE that isn't even on the hands team and was supposed to just block incoming Seahawks, so don't make it sound like you guys played for quarters. For three quarters your QB thought he was throwing to green and gold receivers.

I can forgive what players say or do right after a loss (or win), it's part of the emotion of the game.

But that's totally different then coming out and just being a jerk. If Lynch came out and just spouted out the most tired clichés in the history of sports then people would leave him alone. But he brings this sort of attention on himself then acts like a petulant child. I've no sympathy for that, especially by someone being 'forced' to talk to people for millions of dollars.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Hey Hector, I'm not trying to troll you on this and I certainly didn't mean to offend you or your team. I'm sure there are plenty of Packers who are straight up jerks, we just don't know because they don't make public spectacles of themselves being jerks. Like I said, I like most of what the Seahawks are. Just hard for me to root for Lynch with his off-field antics.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions