Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

MONSTERVERSE: Let's talk Godzilla x Kong!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: MONSTERVERSE: Let's talk Godzilla vs. Kong!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:23 am

Yeah, Kong was great and did have a horror feeling to it. G:KOTM was the best IMO. I finally saw GvK and I thought it was really good. I was so excited for it the film originally but the pandemic had to happen and with everything going on since then I ain't going back to the show anytime soon :roll: Not to mention I got so tired of all the Hollywood crap and just lost My interest in it and in movies in general because of these times :x Anyway, I found it amazing how much symbolism there was and all the hints about things in the movie....even more than the last one...their not hiding it anymore. I was astounded about how Mechagodzila was and how he came be "mentally". With all of that being said, I do hope they continue this franchise with an explanation where all of the other Titans were and I would love a prequel to show their origins :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: MONSTERVERSE: Let's talk Godzilla vs. Kong!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:19 am

So we've been talking a lot of Kaiju stuff, mostly classic movies. Well, off & on we're talking about The MonsterVerse. A long while back I created a topic to talk about that and it hasn't had a reply in a very long time. I said that I was going to rejuvenate it sometime soon and that time is now :!:

So PB posted some trailers in his Movie Trailers Topic about the new Monarch series & the Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire movie. It looks darn good to Me and THE MUST movie to see this year, everything else is second place IMO. So PB said he's going to see it next month. I'll see it later when I can. Here's the latest trailer.

There's a lot more to post here. I'll post about the monsters as well. OK, PB and whoever else, talk about this new Godzilla & Kong movie further and anything else that concerns the MonsterVerse ;)

NOTE: To coincide with this one, I'm going to make a classic Kaiju topic here plus a topic that will feature My Kaiju Collection, I don't know when though but it will be in time :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: MONSTERVERSE: Let's talk Godzilla x Kong!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:40 am

We're pretty excited for this. I'm expecting mostly nonsensical kaiju punching. Not sure about the whole Panet of the Apes hidden world or the Infinity Gauntlet, but we'll see how that goes when we actually watch the movie. I got my son a complete set of those GxK Hollow Earth blind bag crystals. Luckily there was a video on youtube of someone who figured out how to discern which character was in each crystal (since you couldn't just go by color) so I only had to buy 4 crystals over the course of several weeks of grocery shopping. That was nice since they were $6 a pop. I wouldn't have just bought them blindly at that price. He was pretty happy to get a full set and couldn't believe how lucky I was at picking them, lol.

But since we're talking about these movies, everyone needs to go watch Godzilla Minus One. Seriously, it's not just a great kaiju movie...it's a great movie, and one of the few times the human story was more interesting than smashy-smash stuff.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:27 am

Yes, We can talk about other new(er) monster films here besides MonstersVerse ;) Well that's great your excited about it PB :)

Wow, that's wonderful you were lucky getting him the whole set. I'm really not familiar with them. Is this what your talking about PB :?:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:35 am

Yep, there's ways of looking at the top and bottom of the crystal so you can tell who is in there by the way the casing is shaped (ie: Kong has two jagged pieces you can see jutting out if you look from the bottom, that are his feet. So i would be in the toy aisle holding crystals up to the light to figure out who was in each crystal. But I got 4 out if 4 tries so it worked!

Honestly, they're a bit pricey for what you get, but I originally bought him one for his Valentines Day bag. He got Scar King. Really was hoping he'd get Godzilla, but I randomly grabbed one. So I wanted to get him Godzilla, so the following week I was at Walmart looking and I thought there had to be a way to tell, and then while in the toy aisle I found that video
So I got him Godzilla. Well, by that point I already had half if them, and you kind of need Kong, too, so...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:32 am

Great Story PB. I had no idea about any of this. The figures look decent, the size is kinda like the ones I got in My Pack for My B-Day which is cool, I love the small figures. Yeah, I want Shimo & Skar King. I hope your son is happy & proud of you PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:57 pm

Well, use that video and you'll get them both on the first try! They're actually the two easiest to spot.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:48 am

Oh yes, I meant to say thanks for sharing the video. That's good that you found that to make it easier in more ways than one :) Imagine if you could do that with Baseball & Sports Cards...I really could have used something that when I collected My Baseball 1999 Upper Deck MVP & Victory Cards. It took Me so much (money, time & effort!) to collect those sets and that's why I bought that whole complete Topps set in 2002 on eBay instead of going thru all of that hassle and that's why I retired from card collecting :shock: I plan on showing My Baseball Card Sets in My Odds & Ends in time plus more Baseball ;) Now the thing is, as old as the sports cards Blind Packaging is here in America, it's still a relatively new thing when it comes to toys & collectibles as more companies are continuing this trend. However, Blind Packaging is a major tradition is Japan. I learned that a long time ago when I started collecting Kaiju figures online. I always want a complete set so many times that will cost but the way I see it I'd rather spend the extra money and get the whole collection in one shot than getting duplicate after duplicate and these figures back then cost like $15, $25 each or more because their imported and oh boy, the Chase Figure would really be hard to get...now it's twice as much :o There was a lot I skipped because of that over the years, especially ones by Kaiyodo & Bandai. There was some that I had to have like the Godzilla Complete Works and the Konami Gamera & King Kong Sets (yes, the same Konami agme company ut these are not game figures, their from the movies!). These were all in a detailed box that was identical to each other in the series and you never knew what was inside them until you opened them up just like you did for your son PB except those figures were in fancy Crystals ;) Playmates is getting a lot of moolah this way from people who doesn't know the trick like you do PB but it is cool that Playmates is doing that following that Japanese tradition for a Godzilla & King Kong series :) I don't know if your son knows this history but what you & your son is doing is kinda historical in a way, you should be proud & glad that you were successful here ;)

Now when Godzilla vs. Kong was coming out back in 2021, I was looking to see what figures and stuff was cheap to get cause I always try to get at least 1 item from something I really like. I saw these Godzilla vs Kong 3D Foam Bag Clips and I'm like these look cool even though they look a little cartoonish and not serious & realistic like I prefer, they still looked ok and most of the new Titans are here then I as I looked at them more I realized that these are in Blind Packaging and not in a set..I'm like no thank you, I can't afford the chance of duplicates :roll:

It's rad that one of the entries was Jia's Kong Doll. I loved that they kept Mechagodzilla secret which was Exclusive A on the back of the packaging.

Eventually I went with the Godzilla vs. Kong figures you saw that I bought for My Birthday a couple years ago and that was satisfying enough for Me. Now that GvK figure pack I got for My B-Day this year is great and I really love that style because it's a set and you can see every figure in it. When I got that is was $9.99..now it is $36.44 at Amazon :o When you see figures at a cheap price, if you can it's better to get them when you have the chance, I learned that a long while back too ;)

More to talk about Godzilla x Kong soon :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:51 pm

I really hate blind bag items. The idea that you could spend all that money and get the same ones. It kind of sucks. I get the mystery is kind of fun for kids, but not when dad is paying over $5 for each one, lol. That's why the youtube vid was so helpful.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:01 pm

Those are pretty snazzy and remind me of the Monster in My Pocket gimmick. I didn't really get into most of the newer Godzilla MonsterVerse movies although I have seen them all except for Godzilla vs. Kong (2021). I did end up collecting all of the Mezco Godzilla 5XL figures, though. It's by no means a comprehensive collection but it has many of the figures that other series have missed and they look decent for the scale and I like that they're smaller but they're pretty much all based on the Showa and Heisei era.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions