Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:33 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Yes, in Lockport. Only match I've seen announced is Jay Lethal vs Stevie Richards. Haven't seen Lethal in person since he was doing Black Machismo in TNA.

Here's another performer from TNA that should never let go and Jay is currently the ROH World and Television Champion and he's taken his act to another level. That match would be great.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Night of Champions - WWE PPV
Part 1 of 2

I'm thinking that Sting will win the WWE Title and Cena will lose to Rollins - I say it will be more than 50% chance of this happening. I would love to see Sting win - so he can have titles in WWE, WCW, and TNA.

I can also see Rollins losing both titles. It's possible.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Night of Champions - WWE PPV
Part 2 of 2

The Sheamus Factor - He could cash in that briefcase and that ...

"Sheamus is a heel, so if he cashes in, he should spoil a babyface Sting victory. That would mean that Sting won the match and had an incredibly short title reign, but just having the title of “Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion” is all he needs. Sting doesn’t need to have a storied title run because his career is already legendary."

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-night-of-champions-2015-5-likeliest-outcomes-for-seth-rollins.php/5

I don't know what is going to happen - but Sheamus will spoil the party!

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

Well, if they have any intention of giving the belt to Sting, that's the best possible way. Especially because Rollins has a built-in reason for losing. It'd be weird if Sting went 0-2 in the WWE, but I'd rather not see them sacrifice Rollins to him. They're always booking themselves into a corner like this. And if they thought business was down with a poorly-booked Rollins on top, imagine the response to WWE champion Sheamus in 2015.

Ideally, the MITB should've gone to Reigns. Then he could've teased a cash-in and told Rollins, "I'm not you, I believe in a fair fight. So whoever wins at Battleground - whether it's you or Brock, I don't care - you're on notice. I'm taking my shot at Summerslam." Then you could've established Reigns as 1) a badass who'll fight anyone, and 2) a better man than Rollins. So you would've had a face with a clear motivation and defined morals, which might make for a sympathetic guy.

By the way, spoiler alert: I rule.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:52 pm

WWE in General

I think they are making a fool out of STING and I would strongly suggest that Sting get out of WWE immediately and forget about wrestling - his net worth is right around 8 Million and he's doesn't need anymore $$$ and having said that - I think Stephanie McMahon and Triple H is destroying WWE for good. I'm tired of them period.

TNA in General

They lost their TV Contract with Destination America and now - I've stopped watching this crap because of the moronic World Champion EC3 and having said that - I'm very disappointed in Dixie Carter and TNA in general not holding on it's stars in the past and I want this company to seriously challenge WWE.

Ring of Honor, Global Force Wrestling, and TNA should merge in one organization to challenge WWE - that's would be the only way to break WWE Domination. Watch the video - you'll be shocked to see it!

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:37 pm

Wow, NXT, you've got my attention!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:49 am

Lucha Underground

Lucha Underground on El Rey Network debuts on Wednesday Nights beginning October 29th. El Rey Network is a fairly new network that has programming centered around the Latino-American demographic. One of their original shows is Lucha Underground, a brand new series centered around wrestlers from AAA and the independent scene.

The only championship in the company is the LUCHA UNDERGROUND CHAMPIONS

Loved this Promotion! ... I'm Hooked.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:52 am

I really enjoyed Lucha Underground. It's a very different take on wrestling. I like the fact that fueds and win/losses really matter. The production is really good. They just need a few more quality wrestlers. A few guys look like they hit the tortilla bar too often.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:42 am

Well, the Rumble had high points and low.
High points: Killer Ambrose/Owens match. Just a well-constructed, well-paced, hot match that didn't do more than it needed to and kept up the craziness without getting too dangerous.

Sasha returns! Really wish they had gone with a Becky title win, though. But Sasha leveling her post-match tells me they're thinking about a multi-Diva match for the title at Mania. I could see Charlotte/Sasha/Becky/Paige.

AJ STYLES. Also, AJ getting a huge and sustained reaction. He looked like a big star out of the gate.

Great sequence with AJ eliminated by Owens (who's the one guy who could do that and draw the right kind of heat), followed by Ambrose entering to pick the crowd back up and then Sami entering and tossing Owens for the surprise pop and the karma. Great booking there.

Ambrose in the final two! I wonder if this was a test of crowd response. People actually cheered Triple H against Reigns. Ambrose, though? People were dying to see him win. How long can they ignore his overness? They kept him really strong tonight, so maybe they're paying some attention. They need to call an audible on Mania and make Ambrose the challenger for the title.

A lot of guys looked good tonight - Ambrose, Owens, Big E, Sami, Kalisto, AJ, Wyatt, Brock, and the main names in the Women's division. Keep building new people like this! It's how you're gonna get the fans back.

Low points: Two group beatdowns in the same Rumble match - sloppy booking.

Brock/Wyatt at Mania? I mean, it's a waste of Brock if he goes over. Wyatt winning would make him strong again, but I'm not sure they're going to pull the trigger on that.

Can we put a moratorium on so much Rumble interference? Just this match you had the League of Nations, Wyatt Family, and even the New Day get involved from the outside. Tighten up the match rules some. It wasn't 1999-level ridiculous, but it was getting there.

Reigns continues to look like less than the star they want him to be. He had some alright moments, a couple of hot sequences. But he still got tons of boos, even against Evil Mastermind Triple H. Also, if the guy can't work a 60-minute match, don't put him in a spot where you have to bail him out of working a 60-minute match.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:54 am

One of the better Rumbles in recent memory even if the end was pretty predictable. Taking out Reigns was dumb. If you're going to beat him down then throw him back in so he can get eliminated. Otherwise you look like the dumbest heels ever.

I got goose bumps when AJ Styles came out. Was a little surprised he came out so early, but on second thought it allowed them to showcase him a little with fewer guys out there. They certainly treated him like a big deal coming out, but I wish he would've got more sustained offense. It seemed like every thirty seconds someone was knocking him down. Would've also been nice if he could've eliminated a bigger name like Jericho or something.

HHH winning was my prediction beforehand so no real surprise there, and Reigns/HHH at WM isn't something I'm looking forward to, but there's enough undercard stories to have a great Mania.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc