Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:12 am

The Smog Monster is good but not My favorite one. Megaguirus is actually pretty good. It's the second movie out of the Millennium Series and it came out in 2000. Godzilla 1999/Godzilla Millenium/Godzilla 2000 was before this before was another reboot.

I didn't know if you and your son knew about Gamera. Did you post that trailer because you knew about it or is that because of your son knowing about Gamera :?: I like him as much as I do Godzilla and his movies are quite good but I have always found some parts disturbing and I still do to this day. i don't know how it would affect a child from this era however though suppose if you can watch that gruesome fight with Mechagodzilla & Anguirus and not budge, cringe or feel anything at all then I suppose it wouldn't be that different here. There's usually children involved in the movies as Gamera is actually good and cares for kids in his monstrous way. I have always thought his enemy Kaijus were quite strange but very fun. My Mom recorded many of them for Me. There's not as many Gamera films as there is Godzilla.

That movie you posted is Gamera: Guardian of the Universe. This was the first of a trilogy in the reboot series. Their quite awesome and gave Toho's Heisei series a huge run for their money :!:

Here's the very first Gammera/Gamera movie that came out in 1965 called Gammera The Invincible. He's a giant prehistoric Turtle awaken from the ice. I have always found his roar very pitiful sounding. He's the only Kaiju in this film however. Here's the Japanese Trailer

This is the US Traler. The movie IMO is a epic as the first Godzilla :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:11 pm

I knew of Gamera, but can't say I've ever actually seen a movie...yet. Gamerra the Invincible is actually on at midnight tonight so I set the DVR. Well, after a few days off, we didn't go to the 90s, instead we watch Ebirah. It was pretty good. The Godzilla parts weren't great. Kind of felt like the Japanese Hardy Boys, lol. We may do Monster All Out Attack tonight.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:59 am

First off, that is going to be one heck of a Godzilla & King Kong movie. Scar King looks like he's going to be one heck of a tough opponent for them :shock:

Giant Monster All Out Attack is a great one..Godzilla IS the VILLAIN and King Ghidorah isn't along with Mothra & Baragon :o

Oh that's great. I have always thought it was amazing that Gamera the Invincible was in the 50s..not 60s as the rest of them looked like they were more advanced...really the film was kinda like a Universarl Monster movie but more on that in a minute. Well that's good you saw Ebirah. Remember the trivia bit I gave you the other day that it was going to be a King Kong movie called Operation Robinson Crusoe: King Kong vs. Ebirah :?: Well here's an official sketch that was from the scrapped film.

You can see how Godzilla was so different in that one because it was going to be Kong at first. There's actually a ton of scrapped Jaiju movies that would have been so fun but I'll talk more about them later.

OK, so I'm going to post the Gamera movies since you started that ;) Their very good movies with great Kaijus as I said before. In fact sometimes I liked them more than than Godzilla ones. the movies seemed far more advanced than Gamera the invincible since their in color with more effects and stuff. OK, here's the sequel to Gamera the Invincible...it's called Gamera vs. Barugon from 1966/1967. This is the film that determined Gamera as a good Kaiju. Now, this is NOT the same Baragon that was in Frankenstein Conquers the World a year later. It's a extremely dark natured film...IMO it's one of the bleakest monster films of them all :shock:

My Mom recorded this when I was a youngster for Me on KPLR TV Channel 11 and during that time We knew this film as War of the Monsters by it's American title :) Oh, Gamera is produced by Daiei. In this trailer their great statue Kaiju Daimajin aka Majin appears but he isn't in the film. This IMO is one of the best trailers ever made :)

Here's an extended trailer with more action :!:

I will post the sequel of more Gamer tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:21 pm

Well, we didn't do Monsters All Out. My son wanted to watch Godzilla 2000 but I couldn't find a free copy online last night so we got through just over an hour of vs Biolante before he said he was getting tired. Don't think we'll finish tonight though since AEW is on. But I did find 2000 so we'll probably watch that soon, too. I watched a little of Gamerra during commercial breaks of another show I was watching. It looked ok. My understanding is the budget was super low for it, so maybe that's why it didn't look as good to you.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:52 am

First off Fighting With My family was ok however with some inaccuracies, there is one major inaccuracy...it's when Paige faces AJ Lee played by Zelina Vega....she's NOT dressed up as AJ Lee...she just looks like Zelina Vega...it's i the trailer...that there was a let down for Me because when I'm watching a true story and I know how most of it went down in real life I want it as accurate as possible.

Well dang, I hope your some got the impact Godzilla's of him emerging out of the volcano where Godzilla 1985 left off. Like I said before, Biollante is one heck of a film and the only one presented by HBO before Sony got the rights. Also the only one to feature Biollantte herself, there's never been a monster before nor since like her :blww: She's very popular and with good reasons too :wwwink: Good, Godzilla 2000 is a great one...I love the new monster Orga in it but keep in mind...it's a yet another reboot and ignores every Godzilla movie before it.

OK, you miss understood what I said PB, I said that the movie looked like it was from the 50s, not 60s and yes the budget may have been the issue but it still looked great and was a fantastic film I mean like I said, it was a like Universal Monster film which I love :) The great trailers that I provided yesterday of Gamera vs. Barugon continues RIGHT AFTER it. Again, the first movie IS NOT a disappointment to Me, it was very good. I hope you DVRed/Recorded it for you son PB, he'll really like Gamera too :)

OK, here's the next Gamera film, Gamera vs. Gyaos. This is from 1967. Gyaos is Gamera's arch nemesis. He is to Gamera what King Ghidorah is to Godzilla :shock: That trailer you provided of Gamera: Guardian of the Universe...Gyaos was Gamera'a first foe in that reboot :!: This is another dark film but one that determined Gamera is the monster hero for children as he saved kid in the movie. Now while I love the Gamera movies, like I said I found a bit of the stuff that happens in them disturbing I mean some of the stuff in them should be in a Mortal Kombat game :shock: They show one scene in the trailer of Gyaos shooting with his laser from his mouth Gamera's arm almost off :batshock: I never did like that scene but he doesn't lose his arm. He retreats and heals. Don't let that stop you from watching this film or any Gamera feature...their just as good as the Godzilla movies :)

The US title is Return of the Giant monsters :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:44 pm

Yeah, Fighting with My Family was ok, nothing amazing. Didn't get a chance to watch any Kaiju movies the last few nights, but I did find a sight where I downloaded all the ones we haven't watched yet, including 2000.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:00 am

Yep. Oh that's good...check it good...they might have the Gamera movies too and other non-Godzilla & Gamera Kaiju movies ;) Oh that is good, you'll love Godzilla 2000 Millennium...I still recall seeing the TV Spots but missing the opportunity to see it on the big screen but I got in on VHS soon after so it was a fine :)

Ah Pacific Rim...that's really a great one. I saw that at the show on the IMAX screen when it came out in 2013...it was an incredible experience with such great action & visuals. This was THE first of Legendary's monster films though this is not canon in the MonsterVerse. This was right up My alley because it just wasn't Kaijus...it was robots like Robotec that was Mechs and not only that it was aliens too which many Kaiju films had aliens in them. The designs of the Jaigers were fantastic and the designs of the Kaijus were too...some were inspired by the old monsters of both Godzilla & Gamera movies ;)

The music was by Rami Djawadi, he's one of Zimmer's guys and you can tell that as he has the Media Venture sound. He's done a ton good scores. Here's his theme he wrote for Pacific Rim, it's a very fun theme :)

They made a sequel called Pacific Rim: Uprising from 2018. See if you can post that next, I liked that one even better than the first :)

OK, the next Gamera movie is Gamera vs. Space Monster Viras from 1968. This also goes by the name Destroy All Planets. This is the second time that Gamera encountered an alien monster as Gyaos is considered to be a extraterrestrial species. I know Viras may look funny with a beak but he's a Cephalopod alien which earth's Cephalopods like Squid & Octopus actually have extremely powerful beaks so IMO this was cleaver that they made Viras that way :) This one was something else :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:09 pm

Funny, I was planning on posting that next. They're decent movies, just big, dumb, loud fun.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:40 am

First, I didn't mention that the Interrogator aka The Kurgan aka Robert Maillet was in the first Pacific Rim :)

Oh I really liked the second one. I didn't get to see it on the IMAX like the first but at least I saw on the regular screen. I was able to see to see it in time because it wasn't going over well with the plebeians which movies like this I expect that :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I loved the first but I really liked the twist that he was connected with the Kaijus and that the drone Jaegers were in fact Kaijus thus making them Kaiju Jaigers :!: Also it was really radical how they combined to make the Mega Kaiju which he is one of the biggest Kaijus in any film. It also had some surprising moments like when Mako Mori got killed...I didn't expect that which I liked her :shock: It was cool that Clint Eastwood's son was in it as well. I'm still hoping for a third one :)

Some of Pacific Rim's Kaijus are really big!

I love the music...its by Lorne Balfe whom is another one of Zimmer's guys. He's more creative that Ramin is and I found his score way score thrilling with the Japanese & Anime inspired sound he created here...kinda similar like Bear McCreary did for G:KOTM...just a solid action packed joyful epic music that I cold listen to all day :)

I hope your keeping the Gamera movies on a list or something and in this order because their very good. Next up is 1969's Gamera vs. Guiron. This is yet another extraterrestrial adventure for Gamera. The Kaiju above called Knifehead in Pacific Rim was based on Guiron's knife headed look which is awesome. My Mom recorded this for Me but We knew it as Battle of the Monsters. Now in the American version stuff was edited out...they thought it was too graphic for America...now in the Japanese version there's a horrible scene when Guiron faces Space Gyaos. I said about Godzilla being a Sadist before...well Guiron is too as he slices & dices his opponent in little pieces taking pleasure in it...something that predates many horror films & Mortal Kombat by a long time...it's truly surreal :o I'm still like I can't believe that they made this then much less that it was intended for kids yet it was :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:42 pm

Who knew turtles were good at gymnastics, lol. That's right up there with the Godzilla dropkick. Didn't realize Kurrhan was in there, not that I paid that much attention. Good for him.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions