Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:18 am

Yes it was ;) Stone Cold does look different there and I never knew about that film :shock:

Well, I believe this will be it for Gamera. Last year Netflix came out with a new animated series called Gamera -Rebirth-. I haven't seen the full episodes but I watched the battles on YT and their pretty neat but like the movies are pretty gruesome. Most of Gamera's original foes are here except for Barugon which I think it's a mistake not to put him in this series because he was Gamera's first enemy in his second film. Their designs are newer looking but their designed good enough to tell who their supposed to be. I only noticed Gamera having his original roar which is great that he still has it. The animation style is like Anime but when the monsters fight it's really impressive. Here's two trailers for the show :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:14 am

That looked ok, kind of like Japanese Stranger Things with a giant turtle, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:14 am

It is Netflix. It's violent like their Castlevania show more for adults. Maybe about Stranger Things, I don't know what the first part of the trailer really was about since I never seen the actual series. Those fights I watched had some surprising moments and like Netflix didn't care about He-Man and what he meant to true fans, well almost the same goes for Gamera and his monster foes but what was done was done well however. I never seen Michael Collins but I sure recall the big hype in 1996 which is still one of the biggest blockbuster movie years :)

OK, since I'm done with Gamera (what a shame that was all...see like I said, there's really not that much of Gamera) I will continue with Godzilla now. So as I said, Destroy All Monsters was supposed to be the grand finale of Toho's Kaiju films but it wasn't so they came out with Godzilla, Minilla, Gabara: All Monsters Attack in 1969 :o There's a lot of stock footage here but it works well. This was the only movie with the debut of Gabara however he made appearances in Go! Godman & Go! Greenman. What is he :?: He's a mutant amphibian particularly a Toad :o I always liked him, I liked how bizarre he was and that he was blue. It's about a boy named Ichiro that day dreams about Monster Island. What is the theme about in this one :? It is BULLYING :!: Here's the Japanese Trailer ;)

My Mom recorded this for Me when I was a youngster. We knew it as Godzilla's Revenge :) I watched it many times back in the day, it's actually a fairly fun movie. Yes, Minilla speaks to the boy. Here's the American Trailer which the cool title music is included in it ;)

More tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:14 pm

We watched that one a few months ago, it's ok, not a favorite, though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:15 am

I never saw Major Payne, only tiny clips but i could tell it was one of the many good movies of 1995 :) The good music was by Craig Safan. Here's the iconic scene with Bam Bam Bigelow. this was when he was still a heel in 95 with the Million Dollar Corporation and right before he fought "L.T." Laurence Taylor at Wrestlemania 11 :!: Bigelow was in other films too :)

I see so you met Ebirah before you saw his original movie then :shock: OK, now next would be Godzilla vs.Hedorah aka Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster but I already covered that one. So what is after that is 1972's Godzilla vs. Gigan aka Godzilla on Monster Island :!: This is one of the best Godzilla films IMO. I watched it a lot back in the day as My Grandma rented it for Me and "pirated it" for Me :shock: This was Gigan's first movie. Gigan is a cyborg but I always thought he looked like an insect. This is also the debut of M Space Hunter Nebula and the Nebula Aliens. They order Gigan and the returning King Ghidorah to destroy Toyko. Anguirus returns and I love the communication between him & Godzilla. It is basically a tag team bout between the four Kaijus. I love Godzilla's Back Tail-Whip and Anguirus' Back Spike-Attack. Toho was getting more and more violent here to match the past Gamera movies I mean over the several years we've been seeing Kaijus bleeding and getting dismembered :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: The movie looks solid and done very well.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:45 am

Haven't gotten to that one yet. Gigan was certainly a unique design.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:31 am

Oh yes, Gigan is one of the most usual yet one of the most bad @$$ Kiajus :) I suggest you see that one sometime when you get the chance ;) I never seen that Piper movie but I recall WCW hyping him up and stuff like that.

OK, next up is Godzilla vs. Megalon from 1973. You posted the American trailer before so I'm posting the Japanese one. Like I said before, this is one of My favorites. I love the legend telling of Mu & Lemuria being lost continents that was part of Atlantis and that Seatopia is a big part of this and is that Megalon is their God. It's great that this continues after the Gigan movie as the Seatopians "actually know " the M Space Hunter Nebula Aliens and recruit the aid of Gigan. I've always thought that they were a team of big bugs. Gigan's got his buzzsaw on his torso & Megalon has his drills for hands. The three main male characters are really good which there is few humans in Kaiju films that I care about. The Seatopians are pretty cool, I love that eerie atmosphere they have and especially with that spooky music. Jet Jaguar is still of the most coolest robots, I have always loved his design. Here's the trailer ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:40 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:41 am

I never seen the Million Dollar Duck before. "I didn't want a dumb old duck"...Yeah, this was still during the time when birds's brains weren't being studied and not considered to be living Dinosaurs. I love watching old stuff but that always get's Me about that when they say "bird brain". Birds are some of the most intelligent animals on the planet. They have excellent memories too. If the human race had the memories of a bird, things would be very different...oh and other one...they used to say or still say about blind as a bat...bats are not blind...they see infrared which if we had their eyes oh man :shock:

OK, next up is Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla aka Godzilla vs. the Bionic Monster aka Godzilla vs the Cosmic Monster from 1974. It's really a great film. It has this apocalyptic feeling to it I mean you can tell it when the movie begins as you see Anguirus roaring. This is yet another alien film which Toho really went far with that route. These aliens are the Black Hole Planet 3 Aliens which are simians. Again here we go with the craze of apes o b Mechagodzilla is a cyborg, a big craze was really just beginning with that as well :shock: I really like the prophecy part they put in there about the two monsters. The Archaeologist storlyline predated Indiana Jones by years! I think the Fake Godzilla part was pretty cool but i absolutely hate his fight against Anguirus, it always bothered Me since I was little, it's because I really like Anguirus and how that scene was done. The fight between Fake Godzilla and the Real Godzilla was done fairly well. Amazing how so many iconic characters have there doubles like He-Man & Faker and Paul Bearer's Undertaker & Ted DiBiase's Undertaker for an example. I love when Nami sings and wakes up King Caesar. I think he was really cool like a Chinese Foo Dog...he's actually based on a real mythological creature named "Kingu Shīsā" of Okinawan lore :shock: He teams with Godzilla and now the fight is on :!: Here's the Japanese Trailer :)

Mechagodzilla really became more of a foe to Godzilla as much as King Ghidorah, next up is The Terror of Mechagodzilla which was the last Godzilla movie of the Showa Era :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:01 pm

I always wondered where the named King Ceasar came from, just us American's mispronouncing words again, like Gojira, lol. I saw this trailer just now and with a kid that plays hockey and two teenagers this hit a little close to home, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions