Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:12 am

How about that, that sounded like fun, good that you have them memories there PB :)

I saw this one at the show in 2016. It was alright I mean it had it's moments. I'm like this talent isn't that funny. For Me one of the main attractions was Aubrey Plaza but otherwise it paled in comparison to classic comedies of the 80s & 90s IMO.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:37 pm

Yes, PA 4 and 5 came out during those summers I would've been at my grandma's in 87 and 88, so I would've been 9 and 10 respectively, which shows how times were different back then because my sister would've been a year older than me so my grandma basically dropped off two young kids at the theater and no one batted an eye, lol. I can't say remember the movies that well, I just loved Michael Winslow, so they were movies I wanted to see.

I remember that movie Zac Efron movie coming out but never saw it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:14 am

Sounds like great times there PB with your Grandma & Sister and the funny movies :) Yes times have changed drastically at certain ways you look at it :roll:

I see, you might like it if you watch it ;)

I saw this in 2016 at the show starring The Rock & Kevin Hart...it was fairly good.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:04 pm

I've only seen the last few minutes of that one as it's been on before AEW several times over the years, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:38 am

Yes, that happens a lot on TNT with that and G:KOM. That Police Academy looked pretty good, lots of funny stuff going on there :lol:

OK, a while back you posted Arnold & Devito in the Zen. Well here's Twins. This is okay, not My fave Arnold film. This was one of Arnold's first comedies :shock: Listen to the music in the background in first 30 seconds, it's from James Horner's Brainstorm...so amazing how his music fits so much :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:48 pm

I remember liking Twins when I was a kid but I probably haven't seen it in 30 years.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:52 am

That Police Academy looked good, lots of funny stuff going on there including Christopher Lee and that one has it's 30th anniversary this year :o

It's been a long time for Me as well. I recall 2 things. 1. My Grandma rented that for Me from Movie Mogul down from Or old house and 2. One day when Me & My Grandparents were at Sears on Grand in 1996 that I briefly showcased that was next to Ben Franklin's that later that night Twins was on HBO and I wanted to record it and I did :) While I'm at it, here's My least fave Arnold movie and he's with Danny Devito again. It's Junior from 1994 :roll: This year also marks it's 30th anniversary as well :shock: This was the first time I saw Emma Thompson. That's something that Christopher Lee is in the movie you posted, Frank Langela is in this one...I've always thought they were similar. Here's the trailer to Junior :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:00 pm

Never saw Junior. I was 16 and it didn't look like a movie I would like. Sadly, the world is still waiting on Police Academy 8.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 am

Yeah, Junior isn't the best Arnold movie, like I said it's not My fave. The Sinatra Robin and the 7 Hoods looked good. I really haven't seen many Sinatra films but this one here I liked and is the most memorable to Me :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:09 pm

That was a good movie. It should Sinatra could still do drama after so many lighter Rat Pack films.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions