Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:00 am

Okay. well if none of that didn't trigger anything then you probably didn't see it. It's on Tubi if you want to watch it in the future. Like I said its a very underrated & obscure classic. I love the McDonald's stuff in it, the lead girl's sister works there...I would imagine it was really fun being a kid watching this film during this time that loved classic McDonald's because it was for Me :) Enemy Mine is far different and not My fave of the two but it is still good. If your wondering about the youngling alien in the film, he comes about because the Gossett Jr character is a reptilian alien and like many reptilians in real life are a-sexual meaning they can switch genders if needed.

I saw UFO a bit after it came out. I was kinda excited that Gillian Anderson was in it, I loved her in the X-Files. Her role is decent here and still looks good. If you didn't see the film here's the long story short. The teenage main character is an extremely brilliant student. He had an encounter when he was a youngster but his mom didn't believe him nor did she care and it has never sit well with him (I don't blame him!). He finds and deciphers a code and becomes totally obsessed with it ignoring his life, school and even his sweet girlfriend he's known for a long time. He must convince his teacher Anderson's character to help him out but will she :?: I found the movie entertaining and well made and can relate to the lead character but I'm sure if I would gone the lengths that he did :shock:

This time in the mid to late 2010s, there was several alien films that came out. Around the same time as UFO in 2018, this movie came out called Alien Code. It features The Men in Black but this ain't no silly comedy. This is a depiction of what many people say that The MIBs are...human grey alien hybrids :blmm: Here's the trailer :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:09 pm

Hmm, that looked interesting.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:24 am

Yeah, that's the silly comedy one I was referring to/about. Oh it's good and the movie has it's twists & turns about actual reports & seen stuff over the prior decades. Obviously the MIBs are human here where in the Alien Code movie they are alien hybrids which IMO MIBs are both...just two different branches :shock: The movie is well made and had a good cast. The acting is stellar. I recall when We rented it from Schnucks Video Club on Loughborough in 97. It was one of the big blockbusters of the year. It seemed like such a different time compared to 96 because we had ID4 then and then have MIB here.

Not too long after We saw the movie, My Grandma surprised Me by offering to get Me the MIB Soundtrack when she was joining BMG again and I said yes get Me it, no way I'm skipping that ;) So she did and I got it and I played it a lot though I really wasn't a fan of most of the songs on there but only a few. Here's the cool song by Will Smith via it's music video :blhal:

Now the stuff I'm most interested in is the score. They put two Cues by Danny Elfman on there. They did that a lot back then on Soundtracks for variety and I always hoped it made people want more of it. Here's his rad Main Title :blmm:

They made three sequels...see if you wanna post'em ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 pm

The first MIB was alright. The second was meh. Haven't seen the new one(s).

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:13 am

I never seen nor knew about Dorm Daze :shock:

OK, so first here is MIBII from 2002. I didn't think the film was that bad.

Here's this fun cue by Danny Elfman ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:34 pm

Yeah, the first one was good.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:37 am

I never seen nor seen Dorm Daze 2 either. Good to see boys/guys goin' crazy over girls/women...yet another thing missing in today's movies & society. I noticed during these years comedy was changing and just wasn't the same as it was in the 90s and beforehand. Sure their was hilarious moments but not the same.

OK, here's Men in Black 3. Unlike the two previous films, I saw this at the show in 2012. I thought is was dandy and had one heck of a story. It has a very epic yet a very bittersweet beginning with the team of Boris the Animal & Lilly Poison played by unrecognizable Jermaine Clement and by a gorgeously hot Nicole Scherzinger :!:

Emma Thompson takes the place of the great Rip Torn which was welcomed, she looked really good with that cool hair style ;)

Tommy Lee Jones isn't in the film as much as the previous two as his young-character-self played by Josh Brolin is the one mostly seen and really is the star of the film. Here's the trailer :)

Now the score is again by Danny Elfman. His sound is really good and you can clearly tell it's him. Here's the main title of this one. It's a great cue especially the first couple of minutes. He incorporates his superbly fun theme he composed two decades prior. The guitar riffs are very sweet as well and this matches the time period of the late 60s.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:13 pm

Never saw that one.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:14 am

I've only seen clips of the Police Academy Movies, a franchise I still need to watch, now that is good classic comedy there :)

OK, here's the last MIB film. It's called Men in Black: International. I saw this one at the show as well in 2019. Gosh the hype was pretty cool. I recall seeing the big posters & light-up stand-ups over at Marcus. It has a mostly different cast in it with Lima Neeson, Tessa Thompson, Chris Hemsworth, Rebecca Ferguson. Emma Thompson is still there however. It was a fairly decent film. It was kinda fresh since Will Smith wasn't in it, in fact it kinda felt better really :shock: Here's the trailer :)

The score was really good too, it was co-composed by Danny Elfman and Chris Bacon.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:06 pm

I actually saw Police Academy 4 and 5 in the theater when I was young.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions