Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:55 am

I never saw From Here to Eternity, that had some cast it init including Frank Sinatra and won many awards :shock:

Okay, for now & tomorrow, here's a similar thing as with Twins & Junior that starred two of the same people. Here 2015's San Andreas, it's a natural disaster starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Carla Gugino and Alexandra Daddario.

San Andreas 1.jpg

Daddario was was kinda the new hot girl type. She's pretty and has large boobs and really she's kinda refreshing to see and different from many of the recent/modern actresses that's been in films over the past decade or so :batwink:

San Andreas 2.jpg

Here's the trailer :!:

Here's the great theme by Andrew Lockington :)

Now this isn't the only one where Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Alexandra Daddario was together in...their not father & daughter like in this one...

San Andreas 3.jpg

Far from it...check back tomorrow to find out what movie it is ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 pm

Just never been much for disaster movies. Haven't seen that one. Jusy found this, comes out at the end of May. Will definitely give it a watch.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:02 am

Natural Disaster films are good IMO and can be scary, sure, they can be a different type of horror film because their more of reality but that's the thing about them, they can teach you a bit about the dangers of Mother Earth. That documentary of Jim Henson looks pretty good. I'll never forget it when I was in the kitchen on the little TV at Our old great house when I saw the news that Jim Henson had passed away :roll: My Mom had just taken to Me to the show at The Kenrick to his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie which was huge for Me then I saw that news not to much later in 1990 :roll: One day soon I will post the TMNT films :)

OK, now continuing from yesterday...the other movie that The Rock & Alexandra Daddario was in together was 2017's Baywatch :o

Baywatch 1 -.jpg

I saw this at the show. I found it to be pretty good and to be similar like the original series. The Rock was decent and the women were actually hot ;)

Baywatch 2.jpg

Here's the trailer.

Here's the Red Band Trailer.

Now there was some good use to Alexandra's large assets which is good IMO.

Zac Efron can't help but notice and I would be the same way ;)

Stuff like this has been missing in films in recent times, now this was cute :)

Okay, now here is a little bit of an comparison of old school vs. new school. Here's a comparison between CJ Parker which was played by Pamela Anderson and is now played by Kelly Rorhbach :shock: While I loved the women of the 90s, the way looked and all that...I can't ignore women in the modern era. Both of them are quite different than each other as they should since this is a reboot :wwwink:

Kelly really has a great body. She may not have that hot blond face that was known in the 90s but she is still good and matches Anderson in the boobs department and she has a nice booty as well plus her scenes I found kinda hotter :batwink:

Ever wanted to see The Rock meet The Hoff :? Well here it is :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Okay, last but certainly NOT least is the deleted scene that featured Logan Paul :? :shock:

Boy I bet Paramount & company regrets cutting his scene now :o Maybe they'll make a special Logan Paul edition :lol:

Well there's that. I thought the new one was fine and matched the original series to an extent but of course lacked the 90s feeling but it was entertaining seeing in on the big screen :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:31 pm

Never saw that Baywatch, either. Those were the times I basically stopped watching movies. I don't remember exactly where I was when I heard Jim Henson died, but I remember being very sad The Muppet Show and Muppet Babies, heck, even Sesame Street, were a big part of my childhood. Fraggle Rock, too! To think the man behind all that genius and beauty was gone, was very sad.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:19 am

I see, well if you get a chance to see the new Baywatch do it, it was pretty good :) Oh yes it was a sad time. We're probably two of the only people that is talking about it or even thinking about it :roll: The Dark Crystal was a fantastic movie...

directed by Henson's friend Frank "Yoda" Oz and Henson himself in 1982. Henson wrote the story as well. The characters were designed really good here, I like how the Skeksi looked like demented vultures and I love how the urRu looked like classical versions of Dinosaur Raptors head-wise. Most of the characters & creatures didn't look like anything from Sesame Street, The Muppets, Fraggle Rock or anything Jim did before or after. The movie is quite underrated even to this day IMO. In fact the 80s was the time of fantasy which was one of the great things about that decade, with that being said...The Dark Crystal seems to be one of the least mentioned of all fantasy films of that fun time when really it was one of the best. Now the music is one the things that makes this movie even more magical. Henson loved music & songs hence why his shows had such great fun tunes. The Dark Crystal's score is completely wonderful by South African composer Trevor Jones (Arachnophobia, Cliffhanger & Dark City, like the movie its so underrated when IMO this is one of the most joyful themes you could ever listen too. Jim Henson & Frank Oz chose Jones and their choice was a fine one :)

Now back in 2019, Netflix released a teaser of a Dark Crystal series called Age of Resistance.

Here's the teaser, watch for a special look for Jim Henson here and what he says. Also they play the theme that you just heard above :)

Here's the big teaser trailer :)

The score for that was very good as well. It was by a younger English composer Daniel Pemberton whom is decent :)

[youtube]j1YD_H1-czM[/b]
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:50 am

I have not seen the Dark in Ages. It's actually been on my DVR for over a year now since a free movie channel preview long ago. Just never got around to it yet. Maybe I will soon.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 01, 2024 7:47 am

I think it's about time then since Jim Henson is strong on your mind and if you do make sure you listen to the music, it's so magical ;) I never seen 1776, that looked quite unique :)

OK, now first, are you familiar with Vlad the WWF/WWE SuperFan :?:

I'm always looking at the crowd and I was very familiar with him as I seen him in the crowd all the time for years & years. Well, if your not or if you are, WWE recently made a special documentary for Peacock called Superfan: The Story of Vladimir. I watched it a while back which it was something & moving...here's the official trailer :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 01, 2024 1:09 pm

Nope, never heard of him before. Interesting, not sure I would ever watch it though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 02, 2024 8:28 am

I didn't think you knew him. It was a fairly good documentary. It was cool since I knew of him for a long time :) Gosh I never seen that SW A Disturbance in the Force...that looked something else and that sounded a lot like James Earl Jones there too :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 02, 2024 1:59 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions