Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:10 pm

So, I was watching Clue today, which is a terrific 80's movie. I would've been 7 when it came out way back in 1985. I remember my parents renting the VHS tape and we watched it multiples times. Especially the last half hour when they race around the mansion trying to solve who did it. And of course, it was one of those films that was eternally on HBO back in the day so I've seeen it too many times to count. What an all-star cast.

And I started to wonder what the trailer must've been like, and it got me thinking about movie trailers in general, and how some of my favorite older flicks had trailers I've never seen. What were they like? Did they do a good job of representing what the film was? I've seen previews that looked good where the movies turned out to be real poodoo. So, similar to the toy commercials thread I'm going to toss up a movie trailer probably every day and we'll see how fun it goes. Feel free to add your own choices.

So, without further ado..

Don't you hate it when that green screen pops up when you're really looking forward to a movie?

Argh, just roll the tape...

What are there Gremlins in the projection booth?

Apparently, who can help?

Ok, seriously, here's the trailer to 1985's Clue...

There, better now?

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRALERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:35 am

Great write up and all that but is this a topic for you like your Stay Tuned one or can I (and others) participate and post movie trailers cause I have a ton I like but I'd talk about them similar like I do in the Toy commercial topic of yours PB :?: ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:28 am

Oh, the Toon thread was always meant to be interactive, it just never really was. I didn't start it planning to do long winded writeups but that's where it went when it wasn't getting the responses, I thought cartoons surely would

So, please share whatever trailers you like. This will be more like the toy commercials, and hopefully, some will spark a little discussion.

"The story about a boy, a girl, and a universe...with rebellion and romance..." Lol, not after we all found out the truth in ROTJ.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:05 pm

Dude, you spying on me? I just watched Clue the other night, too. That movie rocks! XD
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:53 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:11 am

Do you watch the version that shows all the endings or randomly picks one ending?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:56 am

OK PB. I know, sham eonly you & Me posted in your toon thread the most. I got a lot in mind to post and a SW one YOU MAY HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE OR MAY NOTE EVEN KNOW ABOUT :?: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

You and Acid get your business done and then I'll start :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:00 am

This was on some random over the air TV station I just happened to come across looking for anything decent to watch. But it did have all three endings.

See, now I'm not sure this is a good preview. Honestly, it gives away way too much of the plot (Reggie Jackson) and some of the best jokes. I suppose you need to entice people since the TV show didn't do so well, but still...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:23 am

OK, first let Me properly talk about the topic. Its got major potential of being great. There is thousands of trailers out there and many ways we can do this! I never got into Clue, only played the game a couple of times. I love the Hogan clip, so great & classic!

Oh I love Police Squad, I love the Naked Gun films, anybody that doesn't has no idea what they're missing :!: The First Naked Gun film was the FIRST movie We ever rented at Blockbuster video when they were newer and shared the building with Peaches/Sound Warehouse on Hampton & Chippewa (I plan on doing a showcase about them sometime in the future as I have been really thinking about them a lot over the months) which is funny you posted this PB :o I loved the film from the start. Even though I wasn't into Baseball then I loved that WHOLE game scene, so classic and one of the best ever scene IMO! Oh yeah, early MKUltr@ in the movies :o :roll: KHAN was in it :!: All three of'em have some nice women scenes in them as well as many guest stars...oh and TINY RON too :!:

Now I love the second arguably more. I saw that at the Drive-Inn in Crestwood when it came out along with T2 with my Mom & her boyfriend. The Dr. Meinheimer scenes are so hilarious!

Now the 3rd one is good as well but not My favorite of the series. I saw this one at Union Station Down Town St. Louis when it came out. I loved it that Fred Ward was in it. I really digged Anna Nicole Smith when I first saw her in it. You could tell that this was indeed that last of the franchise :roll:

So that's all I got for today and I hope you like I how post in this one :) If its OK I'd like to do 2 Star Wars ones to follow up on yours, 1 you MAY NOT know and be very surprised about PB :o Until then ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:36 am

The Naked Gun is great. The second is pretty good. The 3rd, eh.

You should give Clue a chance. The cast is great. It's got some really good comedy, not as over the top as The Naked Gun, but still, lot's of laughs. Tim Curry and Christopher Lloyd, what more could you ask for?

Took the kids to see The Rise of Gru at the drive-in yesterday and the second feature was the new Jurassic Park movie. Wasn't very good. Actually, it was kind of uninspiring, just a big ol' dumb action movie with little in the way of actual tense moments. To quote Blues Traveller it was "a bad play where the heroes are right and nobody thinks or expects too much". I don't want to say more and spoil things to anyone interested in it since it's still relatively new.

So, let's go back to 1993...

But if you want to make longer posts involving trailers, please do so. I'm not looking to hog threads for myself. Just realize before you spend all that time that 75% of the time it's probably just the two of us reading these posts.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions