Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRALERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:32 am

Oh the whole NG series is fun ;) Clue looks good, I love Lloyd & Curry, their two of My favorites, I might give Clue a try one day PB ;)

Well that's good and congrats on having a Drive-Inn still. I hope you and your kids enjoyed the time :) I never got into Despicable Me or the Minions but I have seen a couple shorts of the little yellow guys at the theater a while back.

I loved the first new Jurassic World, I saw it many times at the show back in 15, I loved the ending. Chris Pratt was great. The second one was sad. Yeah, don't spoil the new one, I have been avoiding spoilers.

Ah, 93, what a year that was :) We all went to see the first JP at the show, it was huge back then. It was the first movie to depict dinosaurs in accurate stance and size and was one of the first major movies to use today's CGI.

I know, shame others don't participate more in our stuff but oh well. No, I save My effort for My major showcases and stuff, this it kinda little ;)

OK, now let's get to Star Wars (amazing we're talkin' JP & SW :? :o Oh you did your SW entry good by the way ;) So here is The Empire Strikes Back original trailer. To this day I think this movie seemed like it was made after 1980 and is still way ahead of its time. IMO it's arguably the greatest sequel ever and one of the best films too.

DELETED SCENE! - SHAME :roll:

Now the one I think you may not know, I'll post that next ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRALERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:41 am

I'll admit I didn't see the two previous Pratt JP movies, but I think this film did a good job of summarizing them to start with a news broadcast that kind of explained where we were in the story and who was who.

ESB is the rarity where the sequel is definitively better than the original. I'd argue for Superman 2 as well, but others may disagree.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:42 am

Shame you and the kids didn't see the other 2 before so you could get a better look into the story and such, I think you would have got into the new film way more. The first JW movie is tremendous. I'll continue with JP later. The first JW is the first movie that got Me liking Pratt, he kinda was like a new hero to Me of sorts.

Oh yeah, Superman 2 is great, one of the best ever no question about it. There is a ton of sequels that I think are great, more on that later,

Revenge of the Jedi Posters 1.jpg

OK, so did you know that Return of the Jedi was actually going to be called Revenge of the Jedi :?: :? Them posters that I just put together are the real deal. So long story short. Fox wanted it to be called that but Lucas SAID NO, Revenge IS NOT THE WAY OF THE JEDI so they re-titled the one we all know today. He titled Revenge of the Sith that over 2 decades later however because it was accurate for the Sith. Here is 2 original trailers of REVENGE OF THE JEDI!

So did you know this? Seen this before? I hope I surprised you a bit here PB, more later ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:47 am

I did know about the name but I never saw these clips before. They're worth watching just to see the original Sarlacc Pit. I cringe every time the new versions are on TV and Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors is inside the pit. I wish they'd put the original versions out on DVD again. I have the VHS somewhere, I think, but I'd rather watch them without some of the terrible add-ons George shoved in there. I'm not sure if I knew before this, but years ago there was an episode of Storage Wars where Barry wins a storage locker and finds a crew jacket from the film with Revenge of the Jedi on it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/storage- ... _n_1573172

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:24 am

OK, well I'm glad you hadn't seen the trailers before. Yeah, the Sarlacc Pit was changed very much. It did look like that from LSOH :o

Well, like I said in My early showcase of My SW VHS set, that was the last one before the Special Editions. All that is changed in it is the THX sound and brighter SFX. I really recommend that set if you can get a hold of it, it is arguably the best SW experience you can have when the OT is concerned.

So here is the original Return of the Jedi trailer! I love the film and I love the sound and special effects but I always find it so sad even for the bad guys like Jabba the Hut, I loved him but gosh the film is so epic.

By the way, the Super Star Destroyer Executor is My favorite ship in SW if ya haven't noticed ;)

I see what's next, maybe more SW :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:58 am

ROTJ is the only one I remember seeing in the theatre as a kid as I was 5 when it came out. I remember my aunt taking us to see it at the Como Park Mall and how it poured on the way home to the point you couldn't see anything out the back window of her car because the rain was just running down the window like a waterfall. That's a memory that has always stuck with me.

My favorite sports movie I have two t-shirts from it. One's a #7 Reg Dunlop shirt which I've gotten compliments from other guys on multiple occasions, lol. And the other is a Dr. Hook Tim McCracken shirt that I still love even though it's Flyers colors.

Paul Newman said it was his favorite film to make, and Reg Dunlop was his favorite character. High praise. There's so many phrases from this film that we would repeat during our hockey games that I can't actually type on here, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:02 am

Wow Paul Newman. One of my favorite actors of all time.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:30 am

Gosh OSN, is that all you gotta say here? All of the stuff we done so far and what PB just said :?:

Oh man that is such a great memory you have there PB, that is really, really good. Congrats on that PB ;) I have only seen clips of Slap Shot but gosh it was good! I don't blame ya that it's your favorite ;)

I got a SW bonus NOW that you may or may not now about PB ;)

These were TV Movies!

The Ewok Adventure aka The Caravan of Courage in 1984 - Here is the Wookiepedia Page --->

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Caravan_of_Courage:_An_Ewok_Adventure

My Mom recordered this on VHS along with MOTU when it first aired. This was so cool continuing ROTJ! I really got into the Ewoks and I loved the Gorax!

Ewoks 1.jpg

Ewoks: The Battle For Endor in 1985 - Here is the Wookiepedia Page --->
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ewoks:_The_Battle_for_Endor

My Grandparents recorded this for Me when it first aired. It's really sad if you saw the first movie then you see this one but I found it exciting. You know them Blurrgs that suddenly appeared into the Mandalorian :?: Well, this is the film WHERE THEY ORIGINALLY WERE SEEN IN :!:

Ewoks 2.jpg

So, these 2 Ewok movies DISNEY wants the SW fan to forget and NOT now about, most of this is Legends now but not for Me, these are STILL part of My original SW EU!

I hope you liked this PB, more later ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:53 am

Ah, the Ewok movies. I used to love these guys when I was young. They were on TV quite a bit and then disappeared for ages. I was pretty excited when they came to Disney+ last year and watched them both. They hold up ok, though I think Caravan is a little better. For some reason I never got in to the Ewoks cartoon though, same with Droids. I think I was burned out on SW by then and had moved on to "cooler" things like Joes and robots in disguise.

Since I was talking favorites, here's my all-time favorite film and what some believe is the greatest movie ever made. I love Casablanca. Every time I come across it on Turner Classics I'll usually watch it. And I still find new things in it that make me laugh. The dialogue and story is so good, but subtle. It's one of those films I think the more times you see the more you appreciate it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:16 am

Gosh, never thought that Casablanca was your fave. Great write up and everything PB :batsmile:

Glad you liked the Ewoks, I'm surprised you do. Here is small bonus to go along with My previous post.

More later ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions