Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:04 am

I never knew nor saw the Apple before, now that was a musical :o

OK, now continuing from the other day of Robot Jox. First I want to share another cue by Frederic Talgorn (Heavy Metal 2000). This track is titled "Crash and Burn", listen to it :)

Now I usually have a method to My madness. I chose that cue above because around the same time as Robot Jox there was another movie called...CRASH AND BURN :o Now follow Me here. I mentioned that Charles Band was the executive producer of Robot Jox. Well, he directed this movie Crash & Burn and over in International countries it was called Robot Jox 2: Crash and Burn despite this is not a sequel nor has anything to do with Robot Jox :shock: Now this is actually from Band's own company...Full Moon Pictures which back in the day they were the horror masters for VHS (their main series was The Puppet Masters) which this trailer comes from his official Full Moon YT page :blbat: :blww: As special side note, Me & My Grandma rented both of these over at Schnucks on Iron Street :)

Here is the good end title cue by Richard Band...Charles's brother. I love Richard's sound as he is such a very underrated horror composer :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:58 pm

Hey Brandon. I'm posting here like you asked but I would probably take part in this thread more if there could be a sister thread that also let us talk about or review the movies that you guys posted trailers for. Is that something that could happen?
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:02 pm

Aw man, 2035 isn't even that far away anymore, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:02 pm

Hey ONS, that's a cool idea but I'm not the greatest at starting curated threads. I actually made a star rating system, though. Probably over 10 years ago now but no one really ever used it.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:04 pm

Haha! I watched Garbage Pail Kids a couple years ago for Halloween. It's entertaining enough but has a lot of cringe-y moments.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:16 pm

OneNineSix wrote:Hey Brandon. I'm posting here like you asked but I would probably take part in this thread more if there could be a sister thread that also let us talk about or review the movies that you guys posted trailers for. Is that something that could happen?

I started a lot of these threads hoping to spark convo, so if you want to review anything on here, please feel free to do so at anytime. Or start another thread if you want. Many of the trailers I post are movies I may not have seen in years, if ever. Just posting whatever I think of or stumble across, but I would love if the conversation got more in-depth. Also, post your own trailers if you want. None of these threads were ever intended to by one way, I was trying to get more interaction around here, so please post your own trailers, commercials, etc. anytime you want, ONS!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:53 am

First off, Acid, I totally forgot about the star system and really don't know how it works, sorry :roll:

ONS - just like PB said, he created a lot of topics to spark a conversation including Wrestling Promos and I made a great Video Game Topic as well :!: Yes, thanks but there's so much that you missed that Me & PB has done. I know people don't want to search and all that which that was such a thing on the Actionman board I used to belong to. For years & years nobody posted on My topics as the owner said their so hard to get to and I'm like really :?: Just use the search option for topic & name, it's not that hard..still after three years there still isn't any replies or anything new about Me that matter :roll: I started a lot of topics, I started a horror topic that I thought was going to go sky high but it was just Me I mean I detail I make so detailed too. I'll be adding more entries in time. I made two topics for music - Classic Music Videos of Yesteryear and Movie Scores/Composers which Movie Scores/Composers is a big passion of Mine, I thought that it was going places since I made it I mean the music makes the movies not to mention it's a wonderful hobby collecting soundtracks & movie scores...I posted many greats in My Odds & Ends which My showcases are so visually stunning. Soon I gotta finish up James Horner I mean he was one of the best, one of My Grandpa PoPo's faves and Horner died in a plane crash in 2016 yet nobody has said a word of the fantastic cues that I provided of him :roll: I made the MonsterVerse Topic that I rejuvenated just recently since PB now has an interest in Kaijus and the MonsterVerse. I mean it went with no replies for around 3 years which there was so much to talk about before the new movie like rumors, reveals, your anticipation and more but I could have posted there within that time of some exciting stuff but I didn't because there was no interest but when PB started posting new content about the Godzilla x Kong it sparked Me up and I'm like finally cause I'm a huge Kaiju fan, I have been ever since I was a youngster. I posted many Godzilla, Kong & Gamera films within this topic. I already said that in time I'm going to make a Kaiju topic cause I know a lot movies & history and it's all so fun, there's only a bit I don't know so once I start the it will be a great one because I'm gonna feature the awesome Japanese posters cause I have always loved how they looked and much more that I didn't post before. As for creating a movie review topic, that would be something for a regular basis and not a once in while thing IMO. I think posting stuff like that within this topic is just fine. I have spotlighted many movies here since PB started this fine topic I mean I done DC movies which that should be one of the first things we talk about here in the first place which there is more for Me to go on. I spotlighted My two all-time faves of My Science Project & Big Trouble in Little China. I don't think anybody has ever given My Science Project a chance yet here, it's always been My fave since My childhood and it's so obscure but once you see it you'll be like wow, how in the heck did I not see that before, I'm sure glad Brandon let me know about that ;) I've done Star Wars and more. I'm going to be doing more here including fighting & action movies, the TMNT and more. So I mean just go back and search for those...PB has done a lot himself yet his stuff get's overlooked too cause nobody goes back to check it out, I go back and look at My own work, I'm not like people like composer/singer Danny Elfman who never goes back and checks out his own music that he created or actor Brian Cox who never watches anything that he acted in...for decades I've always thought that's silly and people like that must really not like what they do and I think about this often, it's always people. So if you and others feel that there should be a review topic for movies & TV shows let Me know, I'll make it cause like I said, I'm going to do a "classic" Kaiju one in time...anything after Gamera the Brave (2006) can be talked about in the MonsterVerse Topic :)

Acid - Yes, TGPKM is actually cool for Halloween :)

PB - Yes, your right about that :o The Garbage Pail Kids movie is actually pretty good. It's never been a fave of Mine but I think it is funny. Another one that has practical effects and you can believe it's real rather than green screen CGI. I have a bit of memory of it how I first saw it. I was with My Grandma and We went to Movie King on Macklind Ave that I showcased in My Glory Days of Movie Rentals and elsewhere in My Odds & Ends. That's the place where you could rent movies & games for a week plus they had old wrestling tapes that I never saw before back then...I rented the Back to the Future Trilogy and couldn't stop watching it...it was a sweet place to be at :) So I believe TGPKM was in the horror section, not the kids I mean I'm talking well over over 30 years ago so as much as I can recall, I don't recall everything :shock: Those two sections plus the wrestling & games were My main sections but of course the new releases which most the time We'd go to that section first at any video rental outlet. I remember seeing the VHS box which really I wasn't that familiar with the trading cards cause like comics, I didn't get into trading cards till a bit later. When I saw it I thought it was rad I mean it went along the lines of other fun films of the time period. I watched it several times back in the day but it never stuck with Me like My faves such as My Science Project & Big Trouble in Little China, that will always be one of My all-time faves :)

OK, here's another Full Moon movie called Robot Wars. It came out in 1993. We rented this over at Star Video, The movie is directed by Albert Band...Charles & Richard's father :) It was pretty good with really decent special effects :)

As a bonus here's this that I made ;)

Robot Jox, C&B & RW 1.jpg

Here's the great theme by David Arkenstone, I love the part at 2:30, it's such a great haunting piece of music with the choir :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:54 pm

I had tons of Garbage Pail Kids cards when I was a kid. I don't think I ever saw the movie though, or if I did, my mind has chosen not to remember it, which since it's often listed as one of the worst movies of all-time, is a possibility. Clearly, it couldn't be nearly as bad as Leonard Part 6, which I do recall fondly seeing in the theater (my family being one of 10 people in the world who paid to see it apparently) and then going to Ponderosa (a restaurant) and making a mess for the poor waitress. To be fair, I would've been 9.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:44 am

I see. TGPKM really isn't that bad. I say watch it if your curious about it. I don't find it a bad movie but like I said, it's not one of My faves but that's not because it's a bad film. People pick on Howard the Duck and I can tell ya right now, HTD is a much more entertaining and satisfying movie IMO which again I don't listen to critics and the like...I saw it when it came out and I liked it, it was Lucas, kinda like Star Wars in certain elements and anythng like SW is good. Now like I said PB, see if you can see My Science Project, I know there's a free version on YT. Now that there is a must see, I've loved it since I was about 6 years old, nothing has changed about My love for that movie. If you need to see My spotlight again go here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-discussions/this-thread-has-not-yet-been-rated-movie-trailers-t1254-620.html. If you don't see that movie at anytime then your really missing out PB ;)

Ah, Tarzan, E.R. Burroughs, the grandfather of all sci-fi plus fantasy & adventure, his famed story from 1912 not to long after Apes was discovered. This remake was fine in 1981 the year I was brought to this planet. They made another in 1984, 40 years ago this year :shock: I only saw this movie once and it was with My Grandpa PoPo way back in the early to mid 90s and I recall how I didn't like the violence toward the apes, it's a bleaker version of the story. This was one of Christopher Lambert's first major roles. It's called Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan,

Now the music is fantastic. It's by John Scott whom is one of the all-time best and has composed some of the most moving themes. While I don't own the score, I do have a cue very similar to this one on My Special 1997 King Kong Lives Special Bootleg that is arguably better than an official release with some other bonus tracks. It's on there because Scott composed King Kong Lives too which that there is one of the greatest scores ever made IMO. This Tarzan score sounds like King Kong Lives a bit cause it's by the same man which is a good thing to know in order to identify a score by sound if you know the composer ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:51 pm

I've seen bits and pieces of that one on TV but Tarzan was never really an interest of mine enough to watch a whole movie.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions