Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:02 am

Yep, that be correct :) I never knew about Inside Out 2 much less Inside Out 1 :shock: That looks good ;)

OK, here's the last of the Showa Era Godzilla series. It's The Terror of Mechagodzilla from 1975 :!: It was cool that this continued right after the first Mechagodzilla. The Black Hole aliens has rebuilt Mechagodzilla and found the docile Titanosaurus and made him into rampaging monster to team with Mechagodzilla. Godzilla has no partner this time...Anguirus is still injured and Jet Jagaur is nowhere to be found. I like the Cyborg girl. Titanosaurus is not actually a Titanosaur Sauropod Dinosaur but in a way he does resemble one. This movie was really good. Toho had many other Godzilla films planned after this and I would have loved to see them especially since the 70s Godzilla movies took a darker path but thanks to poor box office performances combined with a decline of the Japanese film industry they had to scrap them and there wouldn't be another Godzilla film till The Return Godzilla/Godzilla 84/Godzilla 85 which was a reboot. Here's the Japanese trailer :)

I already posted the whole Godzilla Heisei series so tomorrow I will start with Heisei series of Rebirth of Mothra Trilogy :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:06 pm

The first Inside Out came out almost a decade ago now. Took the kids to see it when they were little. Everyone liked it well enough. It was a nice departure from the usual Disney Princess-type films.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:43 am

Well that's good that you took your kids to see the first one. It would give them a lot to talk about, remember & reminisce with you over the years :) I mean when I was little and I saw Willow...I was only 7 at the time but gosh I still recall it fairly well thank goodness as well as other films and I still talked about many years after that...heck I still am ;) Stuff like that always has been big to Me especially when I'm with My Family :)

OK, so after Godzilla vs. Destroyah in 1995, the Heisei Era was over as Toho started a trilogy of Mothra movies called Rebirth of Mothra which was a reboot just like the Godzilla Heisei movies. This trilogy has no connections to the previous Mothra films at all as their in their own continuity. The first Rebirth of Mothra came out in 1996. The story goes as this. Desghidorah aka Death Ghidorah (Desi means Death in Japaneses), a specie of Ghidorah that is an ancient demonic space dragon destroyed the planet Mars eons ago absorbing all of it's energy then around 65 Million Years Ago he targeted the neighboring planet Earth. The little Elias peoples are in trouble, Mothra has aged, Death Ghidorah wipes out the Dinosaurs and makes them extinct but the Elias people was able to trap Death Ghidorah for 65 Millions years. Mothra has summoned an offspring called Mothra Leo which I believe this is the first time a Mothra is male unless you count Battra from 92. Desighidorah is freed in modern day and now Mothra Leo must stop him before he destroys the world :o I love the use of the puppeteering in this trilogy. Fairy Mothra makes her return from Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla but again, previous entries are not valid with this story. Also this marks the debut of Garugaru whom is a Robotic Dragon as he's in all three films. As usual there is twins in the story. Now the design of Desighidoarh is totally awesome. Monster X' that became Kaiser King Ghidorah in Final Wars was heavily inspired by Desighidorah because he's a quadruped (walks on all-fours) and the King Ghidorah in the MonsterVerse movie G:KOTM's story is inspired by Death Ghidorah as well :o Now a big thing here is that this is the first time ever that a Ghidorah specie is in a film WITHOUT Godzilla being in the film :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Here's the Japanese trailer :)

I will post the sequel tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:55 pm

Will have to try and get to those one day.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:05 pm

I watched that Rebirth of Mothra a few years back. Really enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I actually really liked Mothra's interaction with the family. The effects were pretty decent, too, especially given the year.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:07 pm

Wow, World's Greatest Athlete. Haha. When I was a kid, I absolutely HATED that movie. It would come on Wonderful World of Disney and my sister would make us watch it constantly.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:19 am

We had the Disney channel for a long while but I'm not sure if I recall seeing an ad/commercial/trailer/TV spot about it so I never seen the World's Greatest Athlete, that looked ok :)

Acid, the special effects were great, like puppets & Muppets, I still prefer practical effects like these just about anytime :)

Yes PB but if I were I would see about seeing the rest of the 90s Godzillas first especially vs. King Ghidorah, that's arguably the best Godzilla movie of all and if you want the true effect of how the series ended you gotta see 95's vs. Destroyah.

OK, so 1997's Rebirth of Mothra 2 continues after the first. Desghidorah is no more. There is four Mothras in the film as Mothra Leo becomes Rainbow Mothra, Aqua Mothra and Micro Mothra. It's about secret treasure that may hold the secret of Humanity. The new monster is genetically-engineered aquatic demon Dagahra. He was created by the ancient Nilai-Kanai civilization to consume & clean up the marine pollution that they produced. He thrives on pollution & toxic materials. He is based on Dagon, the ancient Mesopotamian and Canaanite deity. In the MonsterVerse, there is heavy inspiration as the skeleton found in the 2014 Godzilla in the Philippians is believed to be Dagon which is believed to be the first of the Godzilla specie and has been featured in comics :o In this Mothra film Dagahra produces Barem which are starfish-like crystalline pollution-byproduct that is extremely toxic. Also artificially created Kaiju Ghogo appears. Here's the Japanese trailer :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:10 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:22 am

Oh boy the Love Bug. I seen that movie before but gosh what a story. I seen it when I was in school, either in Kindergarten or First Grade...I know it was a very long time ago but I still recall it, I just don't know which one. In Kindergarten they had a Projection Screen hat scrolled up & down. I recall seeing a stop motion Christmas movie but don't know what it was called. In the Library in the next building where the higher grade classes were, they had the same type of screen. Anyway I saw the movie on one of the screens for some fun time that the school would have once in a blue moon but I haven't seen the movie since and really what I just said and that trailer is all I recall about the film.

OK, here's The Rebirth of Mothra 3: Invasion of King Ghidorah which concludes the trilogy in 1998. It was something hat they had this over in Japan months after the US would have Godzilla 98 :o The story continues from the previous...now King Ghidorah returns to Earth and abducts children for their life forces (where's Gamera when you need him, he loves children but for the good reasons?! :o Rainbow Mothra & the little Elias peoples cannot defeat him. One of the priestesses Moll sends Mothra back in time to the Cretaceous Era 65 Millions Years BC before the Dinosaur extinction event happens when King Ghidorah is younger & vulnerable but will going back in time stop this " King of Terror" forever :?: I think that this is really good. I love how they made Cretaceous King Ghidorah and especially Cretaceous Mothra. I wanted those figures but dang they were so expensive. Many Dinosaurs are in the film. Also as a Easter Egg...Rodan is a video game sprite :o It's still something to watch a movie that King Ghidorah is in that has nothing to do with Godzilla :o Here's the Japanese trailer :)

So that Rebirth of Mothra was the last of the classic Kaiju films. Like I said before, the 90s/Heisei Era was the best time IMO for Kaiju movies :) Next up will be the start of the Millennium series starting with the reboot of Godzilla called Godzilla 99/Godzilla Millennium/Godzilla 2000 :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:05 pm

I think the 90s had that sweet spot of having some special effects but not relying so much on them where everything looks CGI. These do look good. Will have to try and get to them someday.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions