Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:16 pm

I never played those Turok games. Actually, never knew they existed until recent years though I remember when Valiant Comics were all the rage back then. Now Bubble Bobble was a great fun game I had for NES and played a lot. Even my kids liked it on the Retro Console.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:11 am

Amazing, the Turok games are so great, they're as big for Me now as they were back then especially since their remastered. Well good, kids needs to know the classics and see what their elders played and get into them. I wasn't into the Bubble-Bobble games at all but My Grandma sure was...she loved the N64 Bust-A-Move games...I watched her play a lot...look at the pic I took for her Tribute, their on the corners :)

Over the past year or so I kept on thinking about this and I developed a need to play games like that because she loved them and while I couldn't afford the official ones on PS4 I was able to get those Independent Bubble games which have the same gameplay and are just as fun. Compare 39 cents to $7.99 each :shock: I'm like darn Brandon, look what the heck I've been missing so I really recommended them :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:00 am

Head on over to My Video Game Collection as I just showcased One-on-One starring Julius Erving & Larry Bird that is for the Commodore 64 from 1983/1984. I presented it pretty well here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post51014.html#p51014

Here's a short video of the gameplay :)

More gameplays to come soon from stuff I showcased recently ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:37 pm

Sweet. Are you still playing your Commodore 64 to this day?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:59 pm

Actually no Acid. I still have it and everything but I haven't played it a long while. Thanks for checking this out and don't forget to check out My actual showcase here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post51014.html#p51014 You'll really like that too :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:32 am

Here's the gameplay for My NFL Quarterback Club for the Sega Genesis 32X that I showcased last month already :o The colors and graphics is just brilliant...it was so fun :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:41 am

So a while back I showcased My Heart of the Alien, the sequel to Out of this World/Another World for Sega CD. It's one of the coolest game franchises of the 90s. You can see My showcase here to see some great stuff ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/video-game-figures-strategy-guides-primagen-t1097-100.html

So also a while back I posted this Another World Commercial in the Toy Commercial Topic which this is really cool.

I originally found out about the game when We rented it over at Star Video for My SNES in late 1992 or sometime in 1993. Here's the gameplay :)

So here is the gameplay of the SEGA CD - Out of this World & Heart of the Alien that I have and that I showcased. I thought it was a complete no-brainer to get this version because it has both parts on there and their superb :)

OK, now here's the commercial/ad of the great 20th Anniversary Edition that is on all of today's consoles, hopefully kids will want this and not think it's boring cause back in My day I couldn't stop playing it when I was a kid :!:

Like I said in My fine showcase, this version has a lot of features that the originals do not have including the screen texture if you want it pixelated or clean for an example. Here's the 20th Anniversary gameplay :)

Now along with the 20th Anniversary, they made a special orchestral score release which when I first knew & heard this I was astounded at how darn radical it is. I'm including My fave cues...the whole score is very short like less than 30 minutes which it goes by so fast, I find Myself listening to it a lot. The music is composed by Rich Douglas and IMO this is good enough for any movie :!:

Now if your not blown away yet with all that great gameplay & music...here's this special. Some fans of the great franchise in Poland made a truly fantastic fan made/unofficial film. Now if your unfamiliar with the game still then watch the first few minutes of the gameplays I provided above because these Polish guys knocked this out of the park as it's pretty accurate with their own very creative way of finally making the video game come to life in live action in 2014, 10 years ago this :o There was another one fan made one but i prefer this one more and I watched this many,nay times :)

So that is that for this update, talk about this cause there is a lot to say ;) More to come :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:38 pm

Never heard of that game. The graphics didn't look too bad and the sound probably was great for back then.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:06 am

Gosh, something that you haven't. yes, the graphics & sound are really good but like I said the enhancements on the 20th Anniversary editions make it superb :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Discussions