Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Video Games

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Video Games

Postby Crazy Jetty » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:50 pm

I only play Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and Lego franchise games.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:11 am

So how 'bout that Royal Rumble, Grodd? :batlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:48 am

LMAO. There aint much to do on that game, but the royal rumble is so much fun. I could do without the constant running into each other "uggghh" sound. But just the character selection alone is worth the price. how many games had the Model on it?
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:51 am

Haha, the Model was only in the Genesis version. Same with Hulk Hogan. Don't remember who took their place in the SNES version, though. My biggest thing in that game was that you could do a flying elbow drop from the top rope and somehow hit a stunned opponent who you just delivered the atomic drop to. That became my new "high flying attack" in the game. It was most likely just a bug. :batlol: Also, forget just running into each other. Remember the constant choking and the noise that came with it? :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am

Also, what was the deal with Macho Man's costume in that game? I don't think he EVER wore anything like that in real life. :smhuh:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:08 am

hahaha!!! the Divas choke!!!! yea, thats annoying. The model was a genesis exclusive. Im sure. I was never really sure why Hogan was even on that game. He definitely wasnt around at that time. I cant recall Savage in that outfit, especially the boots, but He was wearing some horrible outfits '91-92.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:15 am

Awwwwww dude, the snes version had SO much better a roster. Yoko, Perfect, Flair, Dibiase, and Tatanka.
genesis exclusives: Hogan, Martel, Duggan, IRS, and Papa shango. You spoiled spoiled SNES kids!!!!!!
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:22 am

Dude, you have no idea. Grass is always greener. I would've killed for the Genesis roster. IRS had the Write-Off. Papa Shango did the Shoulderbreaker. Those moves were never in any other game. Martel? Boston Crab! Years later when I acquired a Genesis second hand, I bought Royal Rumble just so I could do the Boston Crab on someone. :batlol:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:30 am

The rosters were a bit funky, though. I remember wishing that they'd have guys like the Steiner Brothers or the Headshrinkers. RAW's roster was a bit better but I wasn't in love with those funky "finishing moves". Caber toss? What the heck is that? Doink's soccer ball kick was pretty funny, though. I think there was a SEGA CD game called WWF Steel Cage Challenge or Rage in the Cage or something that had the Headshrinkers.

It wasn't until years later when I learned that all I had to do to play Japanese games was take a pair of pliers and break the plastic tabs beside the connectors that I acquired a rare Japanese Super Famicom (SNES) wrestling game called Super Fire Pro Wrestling that had the Steiners, Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Rick Flair, Ken Shamrock, Eddie Guerrero, Dynamite Kid, Ultimo Dragon, Sabu, Tiger Jeet Singh, etc. It blew my mind. That game was way ahead of its' time.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:39 am

I remember that game, it had everyone. I think they made a couple of those. It looked like 16bit, but it played like a THQ game. And, If i am rembering, couldnt you bust guys open in one of those?

Ever since I got a Sega CD (2010, lol) My Friend has been tootin Rage in the Cage's Horn. I never played it, cause I didnt have sega cd when I was young, I should buy it.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions