Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Video Games

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Video Games

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:42 am

Cool, I love glitches! Well that sounds like a fun game! lmao. Ill probably pass on that then.
It was Super Wrestlemania on Snes, right? If so, I remember not liking it. These were both different than the Wrestlemania game on nes, right?
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:44 am

Wrestlemania on NES. I remember that. That one was okay but kind of weird. Bam Bam Bigelow's move was a cartwheel and he would do cartwheels across the ring while running making him super cheap. Andre was super strong and Million Dollar Man was the weakest. Wrestlemania Challenge, now THAT was a game that was cool. I logged in so many hours on that game. It had a Survivor Series mode that ruled and the wrestlers had finishing moves. I remember how cool I thought it was that Hacksaw actually did his Three Point Stance and Beefcake could apply the sleeperhold. Andre did that funky headbutt while strangling you from behind thing and Rick Rude did the Rude Awakening. :smgrin: Then Wrestlemania Steel Cage Challenge... was just the worst game ever made. A big step back.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:54 am

lol, yea wrestlemania is kinda crap. Now, wrestlemania challenge, I never played. I used to see the adds for it in wwf magazine, I always thought the picture they put off Andre(w the muttonchops) was sweet. That had a S.series mode?! Fantastic! wrestlemania steel cage challenge?hmmmmmm. Im gonna look it up.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:57 am

Well, the graphics look the same as they did in wrestlemania, and the Mountie is on the cover, so I believe you.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:00 am

Yeah, I used to see ads for Challenge in comic books. I thought it looked awesome because the ring was at a diagonal isometric view instead of a side view. The survivor series were 3 vs. 3 elimination matches. And the real crazy thing was you could double team which was insane for an NES game. Steel Cage Challenge sucked so bad. It was basically a really bad version of the WWF Superstars 2 Gameboy game. Still, nothing was worse than King of the Ring. When you knocked people over, they actually floated to the ground like a feather.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:13 am

lmao. king of the ring, I did not like that game. that came out real late in the nes lineup. I really have to say ROYAL RUMBLE for the Saturn, i believe, is one of the worst wrestling games ever. I remember playing it on a arcade, and in the middle of the match we just got teleported into a different part of the arena. Raw for xbox was pretty bad, too.
Im sorry, we were talking about Ads, and I always remember this one, Lmao....
wwfgameboy.jpg
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:54 am

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:Image

As a huge wrestling, I played that one countless times back in the day, still is quite fun to play!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:22 pm

One thing I liked about it was that you could headlock the guy and transition him into another move like a suplex.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:15 pm

I never played it, I just always thought how ridiculous Warrior looked holding a Gameboy.
btw, played through Sonic 2, I hate that last level so much I can taste it my mouth. (just needed to vent)
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:46 am

What’re you guys playing these days?
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions