Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Walking Dead TV Series (May Contain Spoilers)

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Walking Dead TV Series (May Contain Spoilers)

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Caleb, I agree with absolutely everything you said. Except the 'new evolution' part. Its the same way in Night of the Living Dead, You turn into a zombie regardless.

Packer, I thought she was going to be one of the hunters also. I remember hearing stuff about that happening this season, but maybe it was just rumors.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Crazy Jetty » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:30 pm

The crazy irish woman is supposed to make rick question a lot of things, specifically if you can "come back" from things you did. Though Andrew Lincoln wished shed been made cast. Also new season is supposed to set up a comfy groove so it can be shattered. Starting ep two, the proverbial crap is supposed to hit the fan, and keep getting worse for everyone. BEWARE ZOMBIE PHINEAS!!!

And yeah, vet Hershel not being a vet bothered me.

As for the roof walkers, it makes sense. They were all spread out and were attracted to the noise under the damage, to when they started to collect over the damage, the weak roof gave out. It works just fine.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:34 pm

I can see the 'calm before the storm' aspect. Most of those people in the prison are just zombie food anyways.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Crazy Jetty » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:48 pm

I like watching talking dead, and they often have producers and writers that will talk about what they may be thinking when they write a scene.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:07 pm

i never thought that zombies would be so popular, a talk show ABOUT a zombie show would be on. I saw that Green l..I mean Nathan Fillion was the guest on Sunday.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby beastovjudgement » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:34 pm

The new season looks promising. I like how they gave Maggie's sister's boyfriend just barely enough dialogue so viewers would actually notice when he bought it. The guy who got pinned under the liquor shelf is probably a recovering alcoholic, and might be guilt-ridden after he inadvertently called the zombies when he stopped to check out the goods. It seems there will be a plague outbreak in the prison, killing a lot of the fodder characters and effectively bringing the zombies inside. The premiere was much better than the second half of season three, anyway.

To address an earlier post, I was fine with seeing Lori (morphed into a screeching harpy by season three) and Dale ("if we do that, we are no better than the walkers" whining) exit. Shane should have been killed much sooner; his presence prevented Rick from developing at all. I wish Axel hung around a bit longer. I would like to say I miss T-Dog, but he really never did much of anything.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Yeah, the new black guy is Bob Stookey, who has a decent role in the Governor novels. I thought he was white, but without all that backstory I guess it doesn't matter much either way. I may've even been in the comics as the town drunk in Woodbury. Been a few years since I read those issues. Not sure where they'll go with him here.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby beastovjudgement » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:03 pm

As to the "we are all infected" concept, it makes complete sense, as far as zombie logic goes. Any zombie apocalypse story needs this provision; otherwise, we are forced to believe the massive number of zombies came about when each bit someone, and then let them go to "turn" rather than eating them. It doesn't explain all those not-shot-in-the-head dead people in cars early in the series, though.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Crazy Jetty » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Maybe they died somehow before the virus took effect? It is an interesting plothole, though.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:40 pm

beastovjudgement wrote:As to the "we are all infected" concept, it makes complete sense, as far as zombie logic goes. Any zombie apocalypse story needs this provision; otherwise, we are forced to believe the massive number of zombies came about when each bit someone, and then let them go to "turn" rather than eating them. It doesn't explain all those not-shot-in-the-head dead people in cars early in the series, though.

I really appreciated that addition. It used to bug me in the old movies that there were so many zombies running around but every time they got a hold of someone they mauled the crap out of them.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions