Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Walking Dead TV Series (May Contain Spoilers)

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Walking Dead TV Series (May Contain Spoilers)

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:01 am

Wow, really? You're a trendsetter and you dont even know it!!!1
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:32 am

Kind of bored with this season so far. Most of the cast should be walking around in red Starfleet shirts. The scene with the kids' father might've been more poignant if we even knew who he was prior to the scene. Barely knew who he was so it verged on cheesy to me. I know/hope it picks up soon, but so far...Snoozeville.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Crazy Jetty » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:55 am

Not sure if it works, but there's that walking dead/breaking bad video I spoke of. Still figuring out how to do things on my new phone.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Cool share, CJ!!
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Caleb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:26 pm

I'm with ya, Packer. The expanded prison group is pretty much just there to die, and it's kind of hard to care about them - that scene with the little girls could've been really sad, but considering that we spent maybe 10 seconds with those characters last episode? I know they like to kill off the characters Band-Aid style on this show, but it'd be nice to develop them a little bit before giving them the axe, at least if they want us to give a crap.

Looks like another slooooow season.

Here's my problem. The first episode pretty much reintroduced everyone and established that Rick wants to lead a more peaceful life, and established that the zombie virus was possibly airborne or could infect the living. The second episode pretty much just established that it was a quick onset flu, probably spread by the pigs. That was it. And then Rick put his gun back on. Two episodes in, and that's all the story we're getting? Yeesh, the Endless Search For Sophia moved faster. I really hope things pick up. Maybe they could spend less time with the characters stabbing zombies through the fence (I never thought I'd say this about zom-kills, but it's getting old already) and more time figuring out how to make the story actually move. Just a thought.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby beastovjudgement » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:34 am

This season is starting really slow, but I still consider it an improvement over the absurdity that was the second half of season three. The new writers were more heinous villains than the Governor. It looks like the audience pandering is being reined in a bit so far (two episodes in, and not one single scene showcasing Daryl's "soft side"), which is a good thing in my book.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Caleb » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Ugh, yeah, the back half of Season 3 just wasn't very good. I still feel like they can pick up the pace, but at least they're not doing a bunch of episodes where the characters sit around discussing what they should do about The Governor, while the Woodbury bunch plays ostrich. Honestly, with how much I hated the last couple of episodes, I'm kind of surprised that I tuned back in. I blame the zombies.

Around midseason, when The Governor returns, I predict three episodes where Rick and the crew sits around and makes plans on how to deal with him. And Daryl kills some zombies, just so the show can meet quota.

Honestly, I like the show (for the most part), it's just super, super easy to make fun of.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:49 am

If the Blonde chick (Hershel's Daughter) Says 'We dont get to be upset' or 'We all have a job to do' one more time, Im gonna side kick the screen.

To be honest, everyone is just bein real annoying this season to me, except for Hershel and Carl, surprisingly.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Caleb » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Yeah...I was kind of surprised when, besides Tyreese beating zombies like Barry Bonds on speed, the most interesting part of an episode that (spoilers) involved a sort of "Whodunit" with the burnt bodies was Hershel and Carl hanging out in the woods. Carl's still kind of creepy, but Chandler Riggs has been growing on me this season (thus far). There's still plenty of time to turn him into a whiner or a psycho, but so far the writers are doing a pretty good job with him.

A few episodes in and Wimpy Daryl's back. C'mon, I know they were shocked to hear the voice on the radio (which I'm just betting is a Governor trap), but having Daryl actually swerve to avoid a Walker? Just seemed like a really goofy, convoluted way to surround the Three Badasses (and Black Doctor) with a bunch of zombies really, really fast. Poor Danai. Her arms must get tired being required to swing that sword so damn much. I bet she looks at Norman Reedus' crossbow with envious eyes.

And did they just kind of drop that whole Rick hallucinating Lori thing? I seem to remember that kept popping up last season, and now Rick just wants to take care of his veggies and pigs.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Crazy Jetty » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:37 pm

They resolved the lori visions. When rick started to come back from the edge, he stopped falling of the edge of insanity. The lori visions was his subconscious trying to remind himself of what was important.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions