Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:57 pm

Back when Jon Stewart was doing the Daily Show, believe it or not, it used to be funny. This of course was before Stephen Colbert went to CBS and became a political hack. Anyway, at the end of the show Jon Stewart would do a segment called Your Moment of Zen, where they'd play a random video of someone doing or saying something stupid, or just funny in general.

So I got to thinking about doing something similar where I'll just toss out a random clip of anything that's just a few minutes or less. Could be a TV show, wrestling moment, a clip from a movie, a comedian, a song, an SNL clip, etc. Who knows. We'll see how it goes, and if it's worth doing, but the holiday threads were a lot of fun sharing random clips, so I wanted to try something that could be done all year round. Your mileage may vary.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:59 pm

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:29 pm

Ah, Gargling Gershwin. Classic.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:39 am

Maybe I'll contribute but with other topics that hasn't had conversations and replies the effort should be toward them.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:24 am

Yeah, just going to do one random video a day, daddy.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:07 am

OK. Cool stuff PB ;) That was a good clip of Dusty, hopefully his son will fulfil the Rhodes' legacy :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:25 pm

Indeed. Hard Times is a classic promo.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:14 pm

Olden days
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:51 am

OSN - keep up with this topic often cause this has the potential pf being big.

PB - Abbott and Costello were great :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:53 am

I've spoken of this episode before as my favorite sitcom episode but it wasn't until about two weeks ago that this scene was fully on youtube. Some context. The episode starts with Teri at work at the hospital where she runs into Dr. Tom. Dr. Tom works in the psyche word and he's stressed out because he can't breakthrough to a patient who refuses to talk until he sings the old song Three Little Fishes to her. But it's 1983 and he can't just google the lyrics. So he's been stuck. Teri convinces him to go out to dinner with her to take a break. But this being Three's Company there's a misunderstanding as Teri tells Jack and Janet that she got Tom out of the psyche ward for a bit--so they of course take that to mean he was a patient there and possibly dangerous.

Anyway, John Ritter is hilarious as always, but Jeffery Tambor steals this episode. It wasn't his only appearance as the next season he would play a dentist Jack has to visit, and he'd previously played the role of the Ropers neighbor in their short-lived spinoff.

Anyway, here is your Minutes of Zen....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions