Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:04 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:49 am

Never saw nor knew about John Heffron or this Middle Class clip. He's ok. I was never one for stand up comedy like that. I have to be in a certain mood for that sort of thing, it even goes for some of the legends too, movie comedy & SUC sometmes :)

OK, here is My first entry. It's always on My mind every so often and since you started this topic I had been thinking heck, I'll post this. I have always loved 2000's Hollow Man (I already loved Universal Monsters so this was right up My alley plus the same guy that made RoboCop, Total Recall, Basic Instinct & Starship Troopers made this so it was a no-brainer!) it's one of My favorites films of all-time. It was huge for Me back in the day, I bought the score by Jerry Goldsmith and played it countless time since, it's arguably his best score he ever wrote. As you saw in My Glory Days of Movie Rentals in My Odds & Ends I featured My Hollow Man VHS there from Blockbuster. The sequel came out in 2006 which was just as good. Anyway there's a funny Joke scene in 2000's Hollow Man by Kevin Bacon along with one of My favorite actresses Elisabeth Shue (remember in the BK commercial you posted PB and I did more!) and one of Josh Brolin's first films. The Joke has a DC theme with a Universal Monster twist and with this actually being a DC Board I thought it was so apropos to post it here but I warn you...Strong Sexual Language is present :wwshock: :smsmh: Anyway here is the JOKE :lol:

NOTE: Now you know why I chose the Wonder Woman & Superman Emojis there :batshock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:01 am

Funny.

I'm not the biggest stand up fan but John Heffron was on the early seasons of Last Comic Standing and we liked his take on being kids because it was the same era we grew up in. We actually saw him locally and got our picture with him. My wife was a big fan. I'd go see him again if he ever came around the area.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:08 pm

Really? That surprises me, pb. I thought you'd be a bigger stand-up guy given your love of one-liners.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:42 pm

Oh, I like standup comedy. I don't go out of my way to watch it and I've only been to a handful of local shows. There's certain comics I'd go see, but the big names are way too expensive. But I've always been more of a sitcom/sketch comedy guy.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:39 am

Gosh PB, add another one to the list that you met :shock: I never saw that G.I. Joe one, I was never a fan of FOD, I never liked the title, i always found it in bad taste. The Joe was ok, that was a nice looking Baroness and Cobra Commander & Zaratan looked awesome!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:58 am

Yeah, I don't pay much attention to FOD but that video is just too good. And a great cast. Sarge is the cherry on top.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:30 pm

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:49 am

That Particle Man Tiny Toons was pretty good PB and that Bat Duck was really cute Acid :) By the way My Grandma loved Plucky Duck & Uncle Stinky :(
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:49 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions