Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

No Joe?

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: No Joe?

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:55 am

packerbacker180 wrote:And a season of plots seems more appropriate to battle something like Cobra, otherwise you get an asinine plot and explosion for the sake of explosions movie that nobody likes.

That's one of the reasons I harp on the idea that you've got to sell G.I. Joe to a totally different generation for a movie to work. Like, every Marvel movie has a perspective to it. Guardians has quirky snark and dysfunctional communication issues. Cap has idealism in the face of corruption. Black Panther is about unity and the black experience. Wonder Woman...I think there were women somewhere in there? Hell, even the Fast and the Furious series is about family loyalty and multicultural bonding over having awesome cars and giant muscles. We can joke about SJW movies, but U.S. audiences don't go to explosion-for-the-sake-of-explosions movies anymore. (China does, but mostly if there's robots. They love their robots.) They go to movies with a unique worldview. It's kind of interesting where pop culture has gone. People need their action films to have some social value to them.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:55 pm

I've seen rumors of a six inch Joe line being announced at next months ToyFair. Seems pretty reasonable considering the popularity of the scale, and the Snake Eyes movie coming out. Supposedly it's called GI Joe Classified and the first wave is said to be Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Roadblock, and Destro.

Whether these are movie inspired, modern interpretations, or classic 80's looks will be interesting. If it's the 80's then I'll be in for a penny...

Ironically, six inch Joe was also my nickname in college.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:07 pm

Good bye, money. It was nice knowing you. LOL.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:46 pm

I have to say, that ain't no joke, if these come out we all gonna be broke.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:43 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I've seen rumors of a six inch Joe line being announced at next months ToyFair. Seems pretty reasonable considering the popularity of the scale, and the Snake Eyes movie coming out. Supposedly it's called GI Joe Classified and the first wave is said to be Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Roadblock, and Destro.

Whether these are movie inspired, modern interpretations, or classic 80's looks will be interesting. If it's the 80's then I'll be in for a penny...

Ironically, six inch Joe was also my nickname in college.

I always thought of you as more of a Sharp Hand Joe.

Anyway, if this line is why they cleared out my Overwatchers things aren't gonna be pretty. But I've always been more of a Cheat Commandos fan, anyway.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:36 am

Sharp Hand was my nickname at the dojo.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:50 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I have to say, that ain't no joke, if these come out we all gonna be broke.

All I know this news better be right, if not there's gonna be a fight!!!
Roadblock-Sunbow-G-I-Joe-cartoon-series-gi-joe-41388101-640-480.jpg
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:43 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:57 pm

Hell yeah, I am definitely gonna get some of those!!! YO JOE!!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:48 pm

Ditto man!

Sadly this is the Convention exclusive that’s shown; from what I’ve heard it may be SDCC

I’m looking forward to seeing/getting these and I sure hope the retail box has the classic Joe colors though
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions