Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Video Game Collection: NBA Jam Sega CD!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Video Game Figures & Strategy Guides: WWF & T2 Arcade

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:04 pm

So continuing My anniversaries, here is 2 arcade games that obviously I do not have but I wanted to to share My experience within this topic while the year is still ongoing. It was 1991 when WWF Wrestlefest made it to the arcades in the summer of 1991 which was 30 years ago this year! Me & My family would go to a local bowling alley called Redbird Lanes. They moved out the area for unknown reasons and made it to Illinois thus being replaced by a Walgreens that I have got many great figures from not to long after this time period. I was into bowling but didn't play much because it was more an adult game at the time even though I wanted to participate but did it more. I always liked to get French Fries and playing the arcades more however. It was around Summer to late Autumn. Well, it was such a great time because they had a WWF game which was the first wrestling one I ever played via an arcade machine :shock: I was so amazed by the graphics and the roster. I mean it had LOD, Sgt. Slaughter, Earthquake and it still had My faves Demolition :!: :!: The way the Warrior looked on the roster pic is My fave of his ever! The gameplay was like a beat'em up which is one of My most fave game genres! The games was made by Technos which was cool but I never really knew why Acclaim & company didn't make it since they already had the WWF license for NES and upcoming SNES & Sega Genesis games! It was remade for mobile by THQ in around 2012 but sadly it was totally rebranded and lacked the classic feel to the original so that fact of the matter is this game never got the big console treatment. With all of the remakes, this trend is being wasted without even attempting to get this title it's justice IMO or at least try getting it to virtual console...I mean this year would have been the most ideal & perfect time to do cause its the game's 30th anniversary for cryin' out loud :x I do hope one day that it will have it's day sometime in the near future as I along with everybody else who loved this awesome game can experience it and relive it all over again during the time when video games were video games :!:

This game is considered one of the best arcade games of all-time and I 110% agree :!:

Here is all of the info via the Wikipedia page!

Here is the cool poster + roster!

Here is some great screenshots!

Now, also during this time in the Fall/early Winter I also played Terminator 2: The Arcade Game by Midway[/b ]:!: It was so awesome and true to the film (see My Odds & Ends topic for More T2) as I was a huge Terminator fan then waiting to the see the film again! I just loved the graphics & gameplay. The guns were fun to shoot too! This was one of the first games of it's kind at the arcade at the time. It was just so radical to play! I do have the Sega Genesis version and I may revisit this title in the future!

Here is the info via Wikipedia!

Here is the [b]WWF Wrestlefest
Arcade gameplay...it was wonderful!

Here is the T2: Arcade Game gameplay...it was superb!

Unfortunately them times had to come to an end but I can say that as a kid that loved wrestling and The Terminator got to play THE games back in 91 that would be the precursors of many, many great decedent titles of the future :batsmile: Now as a side but IMPORTANT note, around this time at another Bowling Alley called Crestwood Bowl, they had Street Fighter II: The World Warrior and I played it many, many times :!: I had played Final Fight at My defunct (for about a generation now) Pizza Hut countless times from 89 to I believe 91 which was like My fave arcade game ever :heart: :!:  Amazingly they both soon had ports of their own for the SNES in 92! I just wanted to point out that special milestone of Mine while I was at it :!: ;)

I hope you enjoyed this :) Next will be another anniversary update of sorts, till then I'll see you around :scbat:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Figures & Strategy Guides: MKT,SF & RE & D

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:56 am

So here we go with My last video game anniversary update for 2021 as it is New Years Eve as I speak if you can believe that :shock: So here is some entries of some titles that I thought would be apropos to bring about &amp; present for the end of the year :!:

Mortal Kombat Trilogy: This is arguably My fave Mortal Kombat game. It's one of the most underrated &amp; most unappreciated games of all-time IMO. I remember the hype for the N64 in 1996 and I wanted one so bad. I also remember the hype for MKT in around the same time which was such a cool yet different time as I started to noticed things change from all directions in all genres including movies, TV shows (X-Files S3-S4), music, especially wrestling (nWo and more) and most especially in gaming (Quake anybody?) and for countless years I have been wondering hasn't anybody ever noticed as nobody ever talks about it...in fact nobody ever talked to Me about it in person or online over the last couple of decades so I guess I was alone and nobody ever noticed these changes...now think about that for second :idea: Anyway MKT was heavily criticized for good but for the wrong reasons as usual. The basic point of the matter is it was a rushed game to make it close as to the launch date as possible to release the N64. I mean what happen was Midway &amp; Williams the best they could with little time they had and people back then just didn't see it like I did thus because of that it became a failure in their view. I mean I admit it had it's issues with VERY low sound, NOT EVERY character was in the game such as Goro who was a must and several stages were also missing and replaced with others but it had other stuff including the pit with a new night sky view which I just loved. I never had it but I believe the PlayStation 1 port was slight better as it did have Goro and among other stuff the N64 version lacked. Now the thing is with Me is the MK3 entry aspect within the game was it was Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 which came out just mere months before this title on SNES &amp; Sega Genesis (which was one of the last games ever to be released for those great systems by the way) and I really wasn't a huge fan of that game because it kinda lacked the feel and overall fun of Mortal Kombat 3 because certain stages were replaced and so on. As seen much earlier within My topic you'll see I'm a very big Mortal Komabt fan, like wrestling stuff, bigger than most. So with all of this being said I think it is a decent game and never deserved it's crucial reception that it got back in the day and especially during this androgynous &amp; hypocritical pathetic era we are currently in. Had the Midway and Williams took their time and went the other route and If people would have just seen it was a rushed job and left it be...everything would have been fine and dandy :roll:

Now unfortunately I never got the game new as I got it from Funcoland, it was a great video game store (no, not the Funko we know now) most games came used without the instruction booklets and boxes which back then was the only way to get games cheap if you really wanted them. I got many, many titles from them. So yeah, is all I got is the cartridge for the N64 :!:

Here is their Wikipedia page!

Here is a cool gameplay of MKT!

Now moving on to 10 years ago in 2011, I got a cool Street Fight IV calendar. I never got it for an actual calendar but for an additional book-like collector's piece. I know people buy calendars and even ones like these and throw them away after the year is done which is WHY :?: If you're gonna do that you might as well just throw away your hard earned moolah away...literally...that's what I always thought about that. Anyway the artwork is really good but if you compare it with the original SFII art in the 90s there is really no comparison as I find that better. The character selection is questionable as there is some key guys missing but Capcom and company is known to make some questionable decisions in the past and especially for the future most notably Street Fighter V but much more on that which I will get to in time.

Here is a trailer to SFIV!

Resident Evil 5 Calendar: I did the same for RE:5 so see above. Now RE: V is My second fave game of the franchise (RE:4 is My fave of all) and I loved how Capcom continued this right after the 4th entry, I loved the continuity of the games. RE:6 was good to as it also was in a trilogy of sorts with one-another. The artwork is great and the character selections choice is pretty good, not most ideal but good.

Here is a trailer of REV!

Doom: Oh I am a huge, HUGE DOOM gamer! It's arguably My fave video game franchise of ever, of all-time :!: I've been a fan since the beginning since its Granddaddy Wolfenstein 3D and played the originals way back on the PC &amp; SNES! When Doom took it's unfortunate hiatus, later generations including this one didn't experience the classic FPS (First Person Shooter) of the 90s (My fave game genre) and during within this time companies starting coming out with their own type of games in either to compete or just copycatting including Halo (don't get Me wrong, its a great franchise but IMO it ain't DOOM!) that seemed like it was almost as a replacement DOOM for the newer generation as it took place in outer space and Master Chief coincidentally looked like the Doom Guy and if you were a Doom fan at the time and played Halo exclusively on Xbox 360 then you'll know what the heck I'm talkin' about :!:

So fast-forward to 2016, DOOM is coming back but of course it had to be rebooted again (it was once rebooted in 2003...a really good one but that'll be in a later update) but it was awesome with a bit of nostalgia of the originals &amp; rebooted series'. It had terrific graphics, mechanics and new and old monsters and the Doomslayer is just so radical :!: I must say while I prefer the originals, this was a very fun game and the updated in-depth story-line made it worth playing than much more than expected.

So here is My Doom I got on launch day in 2016 for PS4!

and here is My Doom Strategy Guide that I got just for the secrets but also for the pics of the enemies &amp; creatures among other stuff!

Here is the iconic trailer to DOOM 2016!

Now I do have the sequel to this game and the special reissues with the great new content of the originals for PS4 which I will get to in time. In fact I may make a deluxe update, we shall see ;)

Well, that's it for now, I hope you have enjoyed this and the rest of My stuff as well as My commentary of these great games and especially the ones that has anniversaries this year which this is the final entry for 2021! Don't forget to check out My WWF Wrestlefest & T2 Arcade Games in the previous update as you don't wanna miss that! Until next time I'll see you around :scbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Figures & Strategy Guides: TRON!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:21 am

So here we go with a very special update that is going to be a ways outta the realm of My usual showcases but I have found it necessary to present it here regardless of that aspect. Here is a very brief commentary of My small Tron collection but first allow Me to explain why I chose this here. I have always loved Tron :!: If somehow you are not familiar with this awesome and fun nostalgic franchise then HEAD to the WIKIPEDIA page for all of the information!. Anyways, Tron is IMO the daddy of all video game related films. The story, special effects and sheer excitement of pure sci-fi fantasy is so cool to watch. While the first film came out in 1982 during the big boom epoch of classic video games when games were "actually" games that only true gamers will know today, the sequel came out in 2010 and it was one of My most anticipated films of ever, of all-time :!: I saw it on the IMAX screen and just about every video game saga was in My mind before & during My experience watching this grandeur on that ginormous screen for the first time such as Space Invaders & Asteroids and Mario & Sonic among others. 2010 was the last of an era of when movies where legitimate with true sentimental and evocative satisfaction. I loved how the sequel took place many years after the first one and the overall epicness was continued as it didn't lose steam from it's predecessor and opened possibilities for more movies and of course spin-off videos games! One totally rad point of the sequel was it's soundtrack/score by Daft Punk. It's so over the top 80s and its so fun to listen too. If you don't know what this sounds like then you just don't know what your missing :roll:

So here is My original Tron DVD along with the superb special edition of Tron: Legacy with the sweet hologram cover that also includes the first movie as well as a nice bonus but I got the dynamic combo set so I could have it all :!:

Here is the totally tubular 35MM trailer of Tron 1982 which by the way 2022 is it's 40th Anniversary :shock:

and here is the teaser trailer of Tron: Legacy! IMO its one of the greatest teasers ever made :!: I loved the thunder storm an dhow the background looks like Nintendo's F-Zero!

and here is the first trailer of Tron: Legacy! Its just so awesome especially for the first minute & seventeen seconds :!:

and certainly not least, here is a great YT vid of the score, its all great but the first 10 minutes is GOLD :!:

That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed this short update showcase of Tron! I may revisit this franchise later on down the road :) More excellent stuff coming soon, in mean time go back within the topic as I'm sure there is a lot of stuff you may have missed previously :!: Until then I'll see you around :scbat:

By the way a VERY, VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: If the former Matty Collector is somehow seeing and reading My showcase called FLYNN LIVES then this is My special SHOUT-OUT to you pal, I remember you and them good days of the board and your rad avatar of Flynn. Many have put them times behind and forgot the members whom was there back in the day but I didn't and I didn't forget ya cause I know you loved Tron ;) Hope your doin' well dude :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Figures & Strategy Guides: Small Update!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:34 pm

So I wanted to post this that was on this week's WWE Monday Night Raw. I don't know about others but I always pay attention to the fans and there is one guy that always get's My attention is for years I have called him the "Asian Sign Guy". He is mostly seen at WWE events but very recently was at a AEW taping. Anyway, he is always seen on the isle side with a retro shirt and had many funny custom signs the usually has to do with vintage wresting and games.

Well, when I saw this sign I was like wow, thanks man, I'm not alone after all of these years!

Well, in time I will post A LOT more of Resident Evil 4
as I have many things of RE4 and ever since I played it long ago it instantly became My fave and to this day IMO it is the best RE game ever made. So that concludes My small update :batsmile:

By the way, that's "The Almighty" Bobby Lashley there!
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Figures & Strategy Guides: Darkstalkers DV

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:40 am

So here we go with another Capcom update but this will be a rather short showcase. As you know, I love Street Fighter and especially Final Fight. Well, long ago I found one of their other cool franchises that all crossovers and takes place within the same universe (why can't every company do this?) and this one is called Darkstalkers aka Night Warriors! I loved how it takes place in dark fantasy regions as opposed to urban city &amp; rural landscapes. It is really a very underrated series and there isn't as much media as would would expect nor one would want compared to others. There was only a handful of action figures and that was about a generation ago by ToyBiz.SOTA was supposed to make a large action figure series like they did with their Street Fighter line but with major quality and financial debacles in 2006 or so they canceled the SF series and the DS line never saw the light of day sadly :roll: To this very moment I am still very displeased of the whole situation, I was totally behind supporting SOTA and I knew the owner of the company Jerry Macaluso but more on that when I get to showcase My SOTA SF collection. There has been off and on statues and PVC figurines of some characters but not enough to warrant Me to collect'em as it didn't include every character as intended by SOTA's never produced series :roll:

So here is ALL of the information via their WIKIPEDIA page of The Darkstalkers and HERE is their Fandom Page!

Some games have been made over the years. I only have the digital version for Xbox 360 of Darkstalkers: Resurrection. It's great 2D fighting game.

Here is the trailer & gameplay!

Now they did make some Anime of DS and I bought mini-series from 1997-1998 called: Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge! I got this from My great local GameStop way back in the early 2000s. It was used but gosh it was a terrific find because it goes kinda high on the bay as I speak. It has really good animation. The characters are great and the women are nice especially the fan favorite Morrigan. IMO this is the type of stuff, the way it is portrayed and presented that is missing in this pathetic day and age.

Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors:

Here is the awesome ad video for the series.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this. I don't have much of the Darkstalkers but I do plan to return to them with another brief showcase in time. Make sure you go back and check out My other great items within the topic, you may have missed some really cool entries :) More great video game stuff coming from Me soon, until then I'll see you around :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blbaf: :blhal: :blmm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Figures & Strategy Guides: Tips & Tricks M

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:07 am

So here is My next little update today, this will be a Tips & Tricks video game magazine edition. They were a great one, I just wasn't a loyal subscriber to WWF & WCW magazines in the 90s but I also subscribed to many video game magazines as well including GamePro, Electronic Gaming Monthly, Game Informer, Expert Gamer and Tips & Tricks. GamePro was My fave of the video game mags as I just loved their style but EGM was always coming in a close second...possibly a tossup. However, Tips & Tricks was more detailed and in walkthroughs and hints and cheats hence their name. It was just so fun waiting to get these mags every month in the mail, feeling their smooth covers and looking through them to see how the games were and what was upcoming in the near future of game releases. Many of the these books are considered to be obsolete as I speak which is such pathetically a shame :x They were declining at a constant and fast pace in the late 90s due to the web and come to the middle part of the 2000s they all either went out of business or were forced to join the trends on the net via pages like Gamefaqs to read the codes or to actually see the videos of the games theirselves via YouTube videos and streams. In a way and it's always been like this with Me since the beginning that the internet just takes the fun outta life in many ways on multiple, multiple levels. Sure, I think it's convenient just to go to a YT vid or a game page and find out what I need but IMO it just defeats the excitement of getting an actual physical item, looking at the visuals and finding what you wanna know IN HAND! Its the same difference with this digital age, it was much funner putting in a game cartridge or disc, a VHS or DVD or CD to play that game, watch that movie or listen to that cue in your console, VCR/DVD player and stereo system IN HAND :!:

Now like My wrestling magazines, I have misplaced most of My video game ones but if I find'em I will be sure to post'em here :) So here is the January, 1999 Tips & Tricks magazine and we are in the beginning of the last days of the classic era before so much would slowly change :roll: It features the beautiful & hot Lara Croft from her new game Tomb Raider III (I featured her sweet hottness and her fun games not that long ago within the topic in a very special 25th anniversary showcase) and they really have a good write up and marvelous feature of the game with nice pics of her action-packed beauty. Here is some sample of pics the magazine with the complete TR:III playthrough plus some cool bonus stuff. Here is the cover and contents :)

Here is the actual physical playthough/walkthough before a digital walkthrough was even a thing. Before it was called that it was called a guide and really I still prefer that term at this very moment. This is the original Playstation version!

Here is the final page of the guide and notice the cover is of Capcom's Darkstalkers. This was a planned showcase to bring about this very book to somewhat continue what I started in My last one as I presented My great & rare Darkstalker DVD :shock: I still have a bit more of them that I will present in time.

SPECIAL BONUS!

Here is some ads for some classics of Shadowgate 64 for the Nintendo 64 and the Bust-A-Move 4 for the original Playstation! My Grandma loves the Busta-Move games, they are quite fun and addicting :!:

Here is an awesome ad for Capcom's Street Fighter 2. This was its actual first release for the PS and it was a collection of all 3 ports that was already on the SNES & Sega Genesis years prior. The other is for SNK's King of Fighters 98 also for the PS. This was also a classic game and arguably the best outta the whole franchise. I put these two ads together because Capcom & SNK has been in competition with each other for decades over these franchises and really, I like SNK a bit more because sometimes in their games they put the extra mile in detail especially in the classic beat'em ups in the early to mid 90s! However, once again, Mai Shiranui isn't on an ad or cover for KOF, I will feature her one way or another as a bonus in a showcase sometime down the road :o

Ah, here is a special I put together as they had both wrestling games that was hot in late 98/early 99. Both were WCW made by THQ and the one that was exclusive for PS was WCW/nWo Thunder and the other that was exclusive for the N64 was WCW/nWo Revenge. Since I was an Nintendoite back then I never had experience a PS till many, many years later so I never played Thunder but if you have already seen how I started this great topic of mine, then you'll know that I started with totally radical strategy guides and one of My most cherished was WCW/nWo Revenge (go back and see why and you'll also see there is 2 great Mortal Kombat books by GamePro and Tips & Tricks!) and this game was one of the best wrestling games ever made and it is THE ONE that inspired today's WWE 2K Series! It was so classic and still to this day they only way to play it is to play on your N64, with all of these companies remaking games, I'd like for them to actually bring back the originals, remaster them and release them via virtual console (I give huge kudos to id Software doing that for bringing the original Dooms &amp; Quake back recently!) because I miss those times so very much :!:

Here is a brief look at the Select Games feature of Capcom's Bio Hazard: Code Veronica aka Resident Evil: Code Veronica for the Sega Dreamcast! I never got the system a sit never interested Me and it had an even shorter stint than their Sega Saturn (I never got that system either though I wanted to even more than the original Playstation back in 95/96/97). Earlier for Halloween last year :blww: I showcased My great RE figures by Palisades where many of them figure versions actually were in that said game :shock: The other is of THQ's WCW Nitro for the N64. THQ actually made 2 games at the same time for the N64 and Nitro was My least fave of the 2 as Revenge was much, much funner to play. Nitro was more realistic yet different than Thunder (kinda like how it was in real life back then cause you when you watched Nitro and compared it to Thunder, they were both great but two completely differently types of programs as Nitro was on TNT & Thunder was on TBS...much like today's AEW's Dynamite is on TBS & AEW's Rampage is on TNT!) but just didn't have the easy controls and huge roster that Revenge was known for :!:

Well, that's it. I hope you enjoyed this :) There is more Tomb Raider, Street Fighter and more Wrestling to come plus other great video game themed stuff to be presented soon. Until the next one I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:49 pm

I remember these mags, man. Before the internet I used to go to the magazine section while my dad grocery shopped and flipped through these for codes and tips. Good times.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:02 am

That's cool. Yep, them were the days. I used too as well but it helped more by subscribing for Me. It was indeed good times. I have one more like this, it might be the next showcase too, we'll see. Thanks PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Figures & Strategy Guides: XG - Perfect Da

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:56 am

So as you see above, this is another special showcase of one of the best video gaming magazines of the past and that is eXpert Gamer! It truly one of the last ones before all the of the other great ones like GamePro, Electronic Gaming Monthly, Game Informer and Tips & Tricks either went out of business or were forced to follow the way of what would become known as the internet craze by going digital instead of paper. In, many ways I do not prefer this digital age and I'd rather have My info and what I want in physical form via a book IN THE PALM OF MY HAND rather than automation that I can't even touch :!: In My last showcase, I presented My great Tips & Tricks magazine that featured the ultra hot action babe Lara Croft in Tomb Raider III at her finest among other stuff, there I had explained all of My frustrations and I am NOT going to repeat it here :!:

XG was originally a video game magazine that was spinned-off by Electronic Gaming Monthly and it's model name was EGM2 but it was quickly changed to Expert Gamer. It had a great but short publication run from 1998 to 2001 which was outright inadequate in-itself :roll:

So, this issue of XG is a good one and the feature game is Perfect Dark that was exclusive (at the time) for the Nintendo 64 that came out in the year 2000. It was made by Nintendo & Rare Ltd. It was a First Person Shooter/FPS (My fave genre of game type) and it was a stealth/espionage/sci-fi game that was equivalent if not greater than Nintendo and Rare's previous hit GoldenEye 007 (I may showcase this game in the future because it's one of My faves and one the best of all-time!)! This was an original character driven story for the console that would feature a great female character to coincide with GoldenEye 007 in style and also to compete with Edios/Core Design's heavily female themed Tomb Raider starring Lara Croft on PS! The protagonist is Joanna Dark, a very attractive British redhead that is ready for anything. Though I always liked Lara more, Joanna was a different type of woman in appearance for a different type of male group or one that all liked all types of women which I belong in that latter group!

Now notice the cover is of the lovely but deadly Joanna Dark. It was the August 2000 edition and the price was $4.99 just like the previously seen T & T book which this was becoming the norm in the later part of the 90s and early 2000s for magazines in general. Also notice the logos, I loved it when XG would put the logos of the game consoles letting you know which ones are included within the magazine...which was Nintendo Game Boy, Sony Playstation 1, N64, Sega Dreamcast and PS2.. I always found it so pathetic that Sega was near it's end here when it came to making game systems...they were My favorite one and Sega Saturn was already old news by this time period :roll:

Here is the Perfect Dark guide/walkthrough filled with codes like the publication is known for. It even has a small section for it's Game Boy counterpart! Though this isn't complete, they would follow in magazines to come additional features!

Here is a look at a small preview of what was coming in September. Note that Electronic Gaming Monthly/EGM is there as it should be because it's their subsidiary :!: Also note Chips & Bits, they were a cool video game reseller. Back then before the true blossoming of the net, it was the most convenient way of getting them cheap games without the boxes and booklets because many video rental outlets all over were already gone or going out of business thanks to Blockbuster& Hollywood Video but they would too with even more thanks to the upcoming digital age :roll:

What we have here is the climax of the magazine with grand advertisement. This ad was quite titillating at the time and really still is (in this pathetic era now who knows now :roll:) as when I first saw this I was wowed at these two babes in latex that were kinda like dominatrices (My fave time of women was in the 80s, 90s & 2000s and gosh do I miss those times) then I'm like why are they here and then I realize it was THE GAME SHARK and I'm like...RIGHT ON! The GameShark was a video game cheat cartridge already preloaded with around 4,000 codes :shock: I never owned this fine piece unfortunately however cause I had a very long hiatus from game consoles till the 2010s (more on that at a later date). I did have tremendous experiences with it's predecessor...The Game Genie for SNES & Sega Genesis :shock: Oh man those were the days, they were so fun in the ear;y 90s. It was made by GALOOB of all companies and I plan of showcasing them in the near future :!:

So that concludes My August 2000 XG magazine! Note on the back cover it's Capcom vs. Marvel 2 and it's for the Sega Dreamcast plus one more look at the front cover as well.

As I noted previously, though Perfect Dark was originally an N64 exclusive, it would be re-released and remastered for the Xbox 360 in 2010. Microsoft had acquired Rare in around 2002 and they also made a prequel called Perfect Dark Zero in 2005. In the original game she didn't look as sexy as Lara but that was because she was older, in the prequel she looked much hotter but that will be for another showcase in the future!

Here is a special walkthrough video of Perfect Dark on the N64! I loved it when she gets on Air Force One and makes it to Area 51...so cool and fun to play!

That's it for now, I hope you enjoyed this. I have misplaced My big collection of video game magazines sadly so it might be a while before I present another like this...we'll see :) A special and very nostalgic showcase is coming up next so until then, I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Figures & Strategy Guides: NES Novels & Mo

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:29 am

So here we go with My next update and it's going to be a brief one that is full of nostalgia of video game fun! Not long when I was looking for stuff in storage I found some great Super Mario and Nintendo NES Novels that I got long ago. When I found them I was astounded about them cause I haven't seen them is so long, possibly as long as two decades :shock:

Without further a do, here they are :)

Super Mario Brothers kids book: I believe I got this at Venture in around 1990 or so. I always loved looking at it because the designs of the characters and most of everything else was actually based from the The Super Mario Brother Super Show (I have already showcased a special about that one!) so I was really excited about that back then and overall it's a pretty decent book especially collector's of Mario & Nintendo in general :D

Adventure Books featuring the Mario Bros.: Got these as a special offer from Pringles Potato Chips :shock: Oh yeah, this was really cool, you get the chips and you get the books for free. Both of these were so apropos as they go hand and hand nicely because their part of two of My favorite subjects...games & chips :!: It was an amazing time back then 90 & 91 when companies were so creative and things like this actually happen :shock: In this pathetic era we're in now, there is nothing like this anymore. It was so cool being a kid then :wwwink: :smwink: :batwink:

Now these World's of Power novels are were good. I got them in 90 but can't recall exactly where, it was either at Schnucks or My Scholastic book program from My school but I'm going for the former. These were based from the excellent NES games and I was amazed about that at the time. The games are Castlevania II: Simon's Quest and Wizards & Warriors. Bother were great but I have always loved Simon's Quest, IMO it was the funnest of the series and one of the best overall. Here is the pics of them together!

Here is cool offers in the books, you can see how it was then years before the full force of the net :!:

As a special bonus here is the gameplay of them!

Simon's Quest: It was so fun by Konami, Me & Grandma used to take turns playing and listen to that great music!

Wizards & Warriors: This was really good by Acclaim! Here is the walkthrough of it too :)

BONUS ENTRY!

NOTE to PB: When you posted about Fred Savage in your great sitcom topic and I bought up to you about his movies, I thought hey, I've been wanting to do something about The Wizard for a while but didn't know when. At that time was was getting together some of My NES stuff and then thought hey, why don't I put The Wizard there and so here it is in a small showcase ;)

For a long time I have been thinking of the 1989 movie The Wizard starring Fred Savage & Beau Bridges and since I was doing a special NES showcase I thought this would be perfect to talked about for a bit. While I never owned the movie which search Me as to why :?: So this will be just a bonus commentary for a moment. I remember seeing the trailers on TV back 89 and I thought it looked so cool because it featured a lot of Nintendo Entertainment System games and elements. So when the time arrived to rent it on VHS (I believe it was at Movie Mogul but possibly at Mr. T's) I was really in awe about it because it was a kid gamer's dream to see their beloved NES FINALLY in a movie and they made a big deal out of the POWER GLOVE in it and it was really our first look at Super Mario Brothers 3 which was a classic game. The movie was epic during the big tournament and all that. Besides a limited amount of films like Tron & Nightmares, this was one of the only video game movies you could watch back then. Today I find this a cute classic that is fun and not like today's forced comedic & symbolism filled films of the digital age.

Look at the poster, gosh I loved the old time sprites of video games of yesteryear :bounce: Notice Mario at the top right and Savage has the Power Glove, oh that is POWER :!:

Here is the trailer of The Wizard!

Well that's it for today's update and I hope you enjoyed it and even were a bit surprised. By the way, little did I know that several years after I first saw The Wizard, I Myself would be in some video game tournaments in 1993 :o It was nothing grand like it was seen in the the movie but it was still cool. It was fun contests that was held by none other than Blockbuster Video! Maybe one day I'll make a special about it here so who knows, we'll see ;) So I haven't decided what is next, I'd loved to showcase more of NES, I recently found some more game magazines too just a few short days ago that's I'd loved to showcase but there is a ton of other stuff I gotta get to as well so we shall see about that as well. Until the next showcase I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions