Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Video Game Collection: NBA Jam Sega CD!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

My Video Game Collection: NBA Jam Sega CD!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:43 am

OK, here is a collection of Mine that is very dear to Me and long over due. It is My prestigious Video Game merchandise collection! Now, what is in store here is first I will show off My glorious strategy guides & kompanions then after that I will showcase My video game inspired action figure collection!

Mario Mania & Street Fighter II: Turbo! These were My 2 first ones ever in 1992/93! My Grandma got Me both of them a Blockbuster Video during the heyday of "true" video rentals and when I was an avid game competitor at My local store. I just love these books because of the pictures and all of the history within them. I followed & read these countless times to help Me out when I wanted to get better at SF on the SNES & Sega Genesis or when I wanted to find that secret level in Super Mario World on the SNES! You had to do this because during these times there was no web and look it up or go to YouTube. This is when classic gaming was arguably at it's best!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:38 am, edited 42 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Figures & Strategy Guides: PRIMAGEN!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:46 am

Mortal Kombat 1 (1993) Kompanion: My Grandma got Me this at Blockbuster sometime later after the Street Fighter one. This a rather smaller sized book compared to all the rest that I have and it is really different as well. I love pics within it and it has all of the versions of the game as well that was on all of the major consoles including the handheld ones at the time. One thing that I really love and think about all the time is how the book describes the gore aspect and the restrictions on the SNES compared to the Sega versions. This is when Nintendo was all parental protection for kids thus "truly" starting the ESRB rating system we all know today :o  

Mortal Kombat 1, 2 & 3 Kompanions (93/94/95)! Now, these are much different than the previous one and are My preferred type of guide. They are more deluxe arguably even more so compared to My Mario Mania & Street Fighter ones! The art is uncanny, it has all the button combos and secrets you'd expect to be in there. My absolute fave of the three is MKIII with out question as it is My fave MK game of all-time! Notice the pics I took, these are some of My favorite moments they provide! My Grandma got Me MK1 & MK2 at Blockbusters but My Grandpa got Me MK3 at Sears where he worked...more on that later! One more thing, IMO these were from the greatest times of video games when they were "still" games, had button combos & secrets and they were simple with no DLC and all of this complicated stuff over the past decade and a half or so now. Having these books always reminds Me of this "almost forgotten great" video game era :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:47 am

Mortal Kombat 4 guide! This is a good book but it was really a special magazine type of program at your local newsstands. My Grandma got it for Me at our local Schnucks. It's really cool but the quality kinda sucks but it has all the fighters in it plus the secrets :batsmile:

Mario 64 Guide: Got this one but I must say I never really used it because I never really played Mario 64. I just never got into it as much as I did Mario Kart 64 for the N64 but it's a great book none the less.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:48 am

WCW/nWo Revenge, Castelvainia 64 and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil! Oh man, these are My faves. As you can tell I was a Nintendo 64 guy. Yeah, I chose that over Saturn & Playstation (I loved Sega Genesis however and of course NES & SNES) before My long game console hiatus till the 2010s. So let Me tell ya, 1998/99 was some time for Me game-wise. I remember the hype of these three games especially Turok 2. My Grandparents & Mom got Me these games for Christmas & My Birthday. I was so stoked about all of them. I played Revenge countless times, I thought it was way better the previous game entry and it had such a large roster and wow that intro. Castlevania 64 was so different compared to the prior entries and I loved the music and overall story but gosh, Turok 2 was so much more than what I thought it would be. I liked the first one but it was nothing IMO compared to the sequel. Since then I have considered Turok 2: Seeds of Evil one of the greatest video games ever made and has one of the all-time best musical scores as well! So, with that being said, shortly after I got them, My Grandpa got Me the three strategy guides at his work at Sears (He would get Me many other video games there as well as they were on the next floor above his department...gosh I loved it when he surprised Me with Star War: Rogue Squadron for the N64) and this has always been one of My most cherished moments of him when it came to him getting Me gifts that I wanted/needed. I just love these books, the way they feel, the screenshots, characters & enemies and everything about them. These are some of My most favorite books in My arsenal of any genre :batshock: :batgrin:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:48 am

So here we go with the actual action figures in My collection. Unfortunately, some I'll showcase I only have a bit of while other series' I have a lot of. So here we go with the first entry!

The Primagen from Turok 2: Seeds of Evil by Playmates! Playmates has always been one of My favorite figure companies since the original TMNT line. Sadly I never got thier Tomb Raider series but I only got 1 figure from their great Turok line however and he's the big bad Insectoid boss from the second game. He looks really authentic to the game material. I love his weapon and sculpting and paint wash. He has several POA and includes a really nice clear blue stand.

The Card: I think it's really great work and detail. Like I said, I only got one figure from the series. It wasn't a massive one however but to this day I really regret that didn't collect them faithful much like the Tomb Raider series :roll: Check out that K-B Toys price sticker, ah the days when action figures where action figures, you could have a "real" toy hunt and not to mention they were really affordable compared to today's beyond insane market :shock:

Comparison with Playmates' original vintage TMNT Splinter :!:

Well, that's all for now, I hope you enjoyed this. Much more coming soon which next up is Playmates' PRIMAL RAGE figures! Until then, I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Figures & Strategy Guides: PRIMAL RAGE!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:24 am

So here we go with My special showcase My collection of Playmates' PRIMAL RAGE figures! The game was made Atari and Acclaim and I thought it was awesome in the cool &amp; fun time in the early 90s heyday of Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and ClayFighter! It was at the arcades and made it to most of the classic console systems and PCs. Unfortunately a sequel in 96 was cancelled due to the lack of interest from the players which IMO would have been an even greater game :roll:

So, I played the games a lot back in the day but never got the figures when they originally came out but by some uber-rad luck, in the middle on the 2000s I found them at several of My local Walgreens in the toy aisles and I was so darn stoked about this as a whole! It took Me many trips over time to get all of them because only certain ones was at certain locations. It was always good to check out them stores because I always found something i wanted at Walgreens!  

First off I do not have Necrosan nor the mini playsets or board game. Second of all, I got what they had and really didn't have any options to chose what variant I wanted but one. Third, these guys all have great sculpting, several POA and action features and are about 5" tall.

So here they are, I will showcase them in their respected factions on Urth!

Virtuous Beasts!

Blizzard: Look at that awesome yeti-like cryokinetic white &amp; blue Kong. He has a great look to him and is the God of Good and Virtue!

Sauron: Yes, the God of Hunger is a cool T-Rex!

Talon: The chief of the raptor klan whom is the God of Survival!

Armadon: The God of Life is a Styracosaurus ceratopsian/thyreophoran-like Tristegasauratops! I was so lucky getting him, I love his sculpting!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:25 am

Destructive Beasts!

Chaos: This vulgar Kong is the God of Decay! Unlike Blizzard's hard plastic figure, Chaos' figure is really soft and feels real nice due to his action feature but like his foe, I love that wishnick troll-like hair!

Diablo: This hellfire Tyrannosaurus is the God of Evil and Destruction!

Vertigo: She is My favorite figure and man was I oh so lucky finding her...WOW I love her paint scheme, I find her gorgeous! She is a Cobrasaurus that was trapped on the moon and arrived on Urth after the meteor struck the planet! She is the Goddess of Insanity!

My Special Bonus!

Chaos V2: Yes, this is his variant but instead of having a duplicate character, I made him My own and I named him ToXxXiK: The evil Klone of Chaos!

Klan Member/Cavemen/Humans: These are really small figures depicting the size of them in the game. They have no detail but nice sculpting however and also the main figures do have a cool backdrop hence to what is seen in the background of of My Primal Rage collection!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:25 am

PRIMAL RAGE 2: THE AVATARS!

Slash Fang: Yes, he was going to be a new character to be introduced in the unmade sequel along with the afore mentioned Necrosan, he was a Smilodon-like Primal God. I was so surprised when I got him, I first had no clue as to whom he was till later but is all I knew was I must pick him up! NOTE: The stand is a very handy Mcfarlane Stand from the early 2000s!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:27 am

SUPER BONUS GALLERY!

The Cards: These were also included with the figures. I tell ya, Playmates put in a lot for your buck here, they hit it outta the park to be honest :shock: Here is the back and the front of them.

Copyright!

Fights!

Sauron vs. Diablo!

The Kongs!

Blizzard vs. Diablo!

Vertigo vs. Armadon!

Talon vs. Slash Fang!

Playmates' TMNT Splinter comparison!

GROUP SHOT!

That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed this. There is tons of video game figures and much more coming at ya in the near future!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:44 pm

Wow. I love these Primal Rage figures. Coincidentally I just started playing it again on my SNES. Great game.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Toy Discussions