Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Video Game Collection: NBA Jam Sega CD!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Video Game Figures & Strategy Guides: NES Novels & Mo

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:14 pm

Wow. Great stuff, Brandon. The only video game novel I think I remember reading was Blaster Master. I had a Legend of Zelda book similar to your Mario picture book you have displayed.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Video Game Figures & Strategy Guides: NES Novels & Mo

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:31 pm

Thanks Acid, glad you liked it. Sounds good on your side too. Yeah, never could find Blaster Master. On the pic I too, they advertised it. Thanks again dude :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Figures & Strategy Guides: My NES Collecti

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:13 am

So as I said the next update is gong to be very nostalgic...well here is My NES aka the Nintendo Entertainment System collection of video games...you can not get more nostalgic than this :shock: This is actually going to be a 3-part showcase. I've been wanting to do this for a long time now and finally gonna do &amp; finish it. Now if you have read and have kept up with Me in this topic as well as My Vintage Action Figure topic, then you'll know I have been a gamer basically My entire existence on this planet. My Mom got a classic Commodore 64 system (I have showcased the awesome Ghostbusters &amp; G.I. Joe games and have explained My history in My Vintage Action Figure topic many, many months ago already) and I was only about 4 or 5 at the time and right away I wanted to play it so My Mom allowed Me to and I was good to it as she taught Me a lot of things including what to do, how to do it and so on and I was playing it good as well. She got Me a lot of classic games that nobody talks about anymore and I just loved them and before you know it I was a young gamer at such a young age. I mean I was good :!: So then in around 1986 She & My Grandparents got Me My NES console for that Christmas as apparently it was the next step for Me in gaming. I was crazy about it but it was different at first because there was no keyboard nor joysticks and no floppy disks but I was used to the cartridges however. The systems were way different from each other though I think the Commodore 64 had an edge in the graphics and capabilities department though the NES was just seemed cooler. By time I was kindergarten and especially 1st grade, many of My classmates already had a NES. I wasn't friends with many but a couple. My best friend at the time Donnie (I miss ya dude, I'll never forget playin' with ya) was a gamer but he had somewhat different interests than Me like most people that I know but he was a good gamer too but I don't think he had the devotion and dedication. He loved Zelda, I'll never forget he had the awesome gold cartridge version and while I never really was interested in them games, it would have been rad to own that because this was a time when games were games and when they looked and felt special unlike this digital age that we are in currently. Maybe I will talk about him the near future again, ya never know. So with that great time down pat, the times of the NES was so cool in so many ways. I pity anybody whom wasn't a kid then because they missed out arguably the best time ever. This current generation thinks this that this digital age is great but I news for'em, they have no clue how it was in the 80s for people of their age during that era. I had briefly showcased the good movie The Wizard just recently, that it a terrific example of how fun it was :!: However, adults did get in on the action then at least My Parents did but more on that in a bit :D

Now please note, I CANNOT showcase any of My systems, just the games as I have been doing for a while now. This will NOT be a individual showcase either, it is just to bring the attraction of My NES collection but I do plan on showcasing some of these games sometime in the near future. Some of these games I got brand new while many of them I got used from our local & defunct movie rental outlets such as, Mr. T's, Movie Mogul, Star Video, Movie King, Blockbuster Video and K-B Toys whom I have talked about many times prior. I also have had My gripes about Nintendo over the Switch. I absolutely hated how they just abandoned the Wii U. I love that system, IMO that is one of the greatest and most enjoyable consoles ever created but that is for another time. I will provide their titles and a bit of commentary as well through out so here we go :!:

Here is My 2 NES games case, I believe I got them at our old Target store. Notice the stickers, them are the classic ones by Topps in the yellow packages I got at 7-Eleven...such fun times. Them DC comic ones I got elsewhere.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:14 am

Open it up and Walla :!: Here is My first one, its so glorious to open these up and relive the lighthearted pleasure of classic games. This is My collection of KONAMI, they have always been one of My favorite video game companies of all-time and with good reason, here be the games that is included in My case as follows: Contra, Super C/Contra II, Castlevania, Simons's Quest: Castlevania 2, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Bayou Billy, Jackal, Blades of Steel and Track &amp; Field II! Oh I loved all of these games, I'm a huge Contra &amp; Castlevania fan and Me &amp; My Grandma took turns with'em and also used to play Blades of Steel all the time, it was one of the funnest games ever and we weren't hockey fans yet we loved this! We also took turns on Simon's Quest as well and in fact I just showcased it's novel rather recently :)

Oh boy, here we go. This is arguably My gold mind right here as it is My LJN collection along with a couple bonuses. If you have seen it, I featured LJN in a two part special of their history in My Vintage Action Figure topic, I mean I loved them! The games are as follows: NARC, Smash TV, Rambo, Back to the Future, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Friday the 13th, Jaws and The Punisher of LJN. Next is Double Dragon & Battletoads by Tradewest. I just loved NARC &amp; Smash TV. I remember seeing Rambo I believe it was either at Toy Chest or Best Buy not to long before I got My NES! FT13 literally scared the heck outta Me, in fact even more that the movies themselves back then! The Punisher was so fun. Now Jaws was originally mine but it was a substitute as K-B Toys didn't have Ghostbusters and I was sometimes a picky kid so I really gave it to My Grandma because she loved the Jaws movie and she played it and really liked it and became like an expert at it, it was her kinda game and she would beat the game like every time she played it, that is something I never did :shock: I watched her many times do it! I loved Double Dragon, I first rented it over at Movie Mogul, it was so great there and the first time I played it, it truly one of the most classic games ever to play in the 80s! I loved Battletoads, I saw it in one My Grandmas's books and she got it for Me! A few years later the two franchises would crossover in an epic game for the SNES & Sega Genesis!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:15 am

Now this is arguably My most prized NES Game Collection because it's by Nntendo themselves :!: I have in the case the original Super Mario Bros. &amp; Duck Hunt, Super Mario Bros. 2 & 3, Dr. Mario, Punch-Out!!, Metroid, Ice Hockey and Corbra Triangle! These are some of the most iconic games ever for the NES! I just loved the original Mario games especially the second one, it was just so different and funner IMO. My Cousin Brian always wanted to shoot the dog in Duck Hunt (he wasn't fun at all no matter what it is). My Grandma &amp; I always played the Mario games and she loved Dr. Mario! My Mom got Me Punch-Out!! for Christmas in 1990, its the revised one with Mr. Dream. For a long while she and My Grandpa loved Metroid!. I actually got Ice Hockey from My Grandma's friend who owned the great Movie Mogul store. Cobra Triangle was a huge must for Me, I saw it and had to have it, I remember one of My friends, Joey E had it, I was amazed at the time that he did!

OK, here is arguably My most cherished of all of My NES games so here is Capcom's Ghost 'N Goblins &amp; Mega Man 3, Sun Soft's Freedom Force, Spy Hunter, Master Blaster, Mad Max, Superman, River City Ransom, SNK's Guerrilla War, TMNT 1 & 2 Arcade Game, WWF Wrestlemania, Ghostbusters 1 & 2 and Godzilla! Oh man the history here. My Mom got Me Mad Max in 1990 for Christmas. My Grandpa loved that Superman game. Them TMNT rocked. I have loved and beaten Guerrilla war countless times and yes I got the Ghostbusters afterall and the WWF Wrestlemania & Godzilla were the first ones I ever played of them back then it was huge for Me :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:16 am

Demon Sword & A Boy and His Blob were two surprising games, I remember when My Mom got Me the former for Christmas in 1990!

I had to get Double Dragon II, it was by Acclaim :!:

The Blue Marlin & Pipe Dream. TBM was another one of My Grandma's faves, she loved the fishing games and usually she would beat all of them :!: Notice the cases are of FuncoLand who I have mentioned before, THERE'S THEIR LOGO in classic detail :!:

Klax, My Grandma really liked it, it's a game that has been sadly forgotten apparently by most :roll:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:16 am

Wow. Those stickers you added make those cases 1000 times more iconic.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:17 am

Oh boy, here we go. Pin-Bot & Tetris were another one of My Grandmas' faves however, My we all played Tetris. My Grandpa loved it so much, he was like obsessed with it. He wasn't a gamer at all but man-o-man he would play the heck out of it for hours a day and he would rack up the points like you wouldn't believe, he always wanted to top our scores and including his own and he always did :shock: I bet you he could beat the highest score known to man, I am not joking, I always found it awesome how high of a score he would get and how long he would play :shock:

Rampage & Karnov! Oh i loved these Data-East games. I always picked on My Grandma when we played Rampage, My Grandpa really enjoyed Karnov, I remember it was late at night when they got it for Me at K-B toys, excellent times :!:

Here is My collection of wrestling games, these type of games has always been a major part of My life and will always be :!: Here is the only WCW game ever released on the NES! It really has a cool roster and was always very fun and it even had a big surprise at the end. Here is the same WWF Wrestlemania seen in My storage rack, it was so cool as it was still how the late 80s was for the WWF and sports in general. Ah, the next one is WWF Wrestlemania Challenge, this was huge for Me then in 90. Note they are made by Acclaim &amp; LJN, I have showcased them greatly in My Vintage Action Figure Topic, it's one of the best ones I have ever done :bounce:

Ah yes, the next two in the series and the last for the NES. Here we have the WWF Wrestlemania Steel Cage Challenge &amp; King of the Ring, note how different they are compared to the previous entries. They were similar like their Game Boy counterparts and were kinda stepping stones development wise for the upgraded game soon for the SNES. They were great in their own right :!:

Holy cow, that was gnarly going back in the past and showing off My great NES collection after all of this time. I hope by showing this grand collection of Mine it reminded you how cool it was then with gaming. If your actually a novice to this then gosh, you missed a tremendous time of the 80s & 90s. Make you sure you see this from the BEGINNING of the topic if you are now just seeing this :!: Now like I said, I plan n showcasing some of these individual sometime in the future. So what's next for My great Video game Topic that will be part 2...THIS IS...

Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:18 am

Thanks Acid, I wasn't done posting :lol: Check out the rest ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:35 am

Man, great collection you got there. I always thought LJN had an unfair negative dark cloud above them. I liked a lot of their games.

WWF Wrestlemania was the first wrestling game I ever owned. I used to play the heck out of that but when I got Challenge, that game blew me away with the isometric ring and many of the wrestlers had their actual signature finishing moves. Loved the 3 on 3 Survivor Series match.

Steel Cage Challenge felt like a downgrade as it had more wrestlers but their moves were all the same. The Gameboy version (WWF Superstars 2) actually looked and played better, IMO.

Same with King of the Ring in my opinion which both graphics and game play seemed like a downgrade from even Steel Cage Challenge. The animation on King of the Ring was super choppy.

I think Steel Cage Challenge is the closest predecessor to the SNES LJN wrestling games which is good since the game play and animation were much better than King of the Ring in my opinion.

Super Wrestlemania was very close and that paved the way to one of my favorite SNES North American wrestling games of all time, WWF Royal Rumble. I think I might have enjoyed that even more than WWF RAW IS WAR which although it had more moves and my fave, Owen Hart, I preferred the majority of Royal Rumble's game play.

How's that for a reply? Haha.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions