Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel legends News and Updates

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: 2017 Marvel legends News and Updates

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:50 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:Storm and Psylocke in Wave 3 at least get me closer to the possibility of Blink in Wave 4.

Man, that secondwhiteline guy is a genius.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:52 pm

Also, did anyone see the Kingpin BAF? He's so swag he should be hanging out with Donald Glover Lando.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:25 pm

Yeah, that Wilson Fisk is really nice. Just not caring about things like Red Goblin or the spikey Venom sidekick.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:51 pm

So boss. And that Spider-wave, is that the whole thing, or are there movie figures they can't show yet? I'm assuming the latter, which is why the wave is largely obscurities and new, weird stuff that's fairly toyetic. Probably a lot of people won't want Red Goblin, but it looks decent in promo shots and I could see it winning some people over on the shelves. It certainly fits in with the Symbiote stuff that shut-ins love so much. It also seems like the X-wave wasn't fully revealed. I guess it makes sense to hold some stuff back and keep building excitement.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Ugh, if we didn't get another Symbiote for a couple years I'd be happy. I could do without anymore Deadpools, too. I'd like to see some more classic stuff like 70's red/gold Iron Man, classic Doctor Doom and Kang. Will be interesting to see how the Fwoosh poll turns out this year though I imagine even still it'll be X-Men heavy with Beast and Nightcrawler, etc.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:15 pm

I look at the insane amount of Deadpools and just try to reason that his popularity lets them do full DP waves that have more obscure characters in them. And the Symbiotes at least help Spider-Man waves cost out so you can put more interesting and varied sculpts in there. But yeah, I like DP and even I call him DeadPoochie now. And Symbiotes have never interested me, because I hated the 90s the first time around.

I've been binging the Busiek Thunderbolts lately and man, he's so good at character writing. Definitely would not mind more of those Thunderbolts to show up in the future (Mach-1 in any era gear of his as a Spider-wave BAF would be rad).
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:37 pm

I'm always torn if I want a BAF Goliath for my Masters of Evil or a BAF Atlas. They need to start sprinkling T-Bolts into Avengers waves. I always thought they could be an interesting MCU movie, but you'd need to introduce the Masters of Evil first. I mean, introduce characters here or there, a quick Beetle appearance in an Iron Man movie, or Goliath, Meteorite in Capt. Marvel. Something like from Avengers 274-277 could make an interesting movie, or just have a form of the Masters squashed in the opening twenty minutes of a movie. Then, in the end credits have them in jail and have someone like Dell Rusk or Zemo in disguise offer them a way out of jail. Then a year later have a Thunderbolts movie and some more Thunderbolts figures (of course that would ruin it for me because they would most likely be MCU...).
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Honestly, I would've switched Ghost in Ant-Man & Wasp to Songbird, so you could start the lead towards the Thunderbolts movie there. I get why Ghost was appealing (evasive heroes vs. even-more-evasive villain), but I was a bit disappointed they changed comic Ghost. But he's a great Iron Man villain, not so great as an Ant-Man villain, especially the Scott Lang Ant-Man. The point of comic Ghost is that he's terrorizing the system itself, and from what I've gathered about the Ant-Man movies, Pym & Co. are pretty much on the fringes.

But it's probably a little late for the initial Thunderbolts concept, because it requires most of the heroes to be out of the picture, and the ideal time for that would be between the two Infinity Wars movies. So maybe you go with the Suicide Squad-ish Thunderbolts, or maybe just use MCU Ghost as an anchor and have them be all people on the run for various reasons, both criminal and Shield-related. I like the latter idea better so you can avoid Squad comparisons.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:04 pm

Yeah, now would've been the perfect time for a T-Bolts movie since this would probably be the closest to a Heroes Reborn absence in the MCU (unless jheri curl Beyonder shows up!)
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:39 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:(unless jheri curl Beyonder shows up!)

Hire Terry Crews and I'm there.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion