Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Select X-Men Wishlist

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: Marvel Select X-Men Wishlist

Postby Freddie: » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Jim Lee versions of
Psylocke
Rogue
Dazzler (with a Disco variant!)
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Caleb » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Freddie: wrote:Jim Lee versions of
Psylocke
Rogue

I would take all of these in a heartbeat. Although I'd prefer Betsy's waist be a little (okay, a lot) thicker than Jim Lee ever drew here. Dear lord, she was all Bad 90's Hips in the Lee X-books. Not that 10 Year Old Caleb was complaining, but jeez. If they get around to Rogue and release the modern version as opposed to her 90's look, there's gonna be hell to pay with some of the fans.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:59 pm

Caleb wrote:Dude, if anyone is going to play Ola Brunkert, it's going to be Longshot.

Good call! I was going for a Jabberjaw thing (speaking of, what a great template for an Etrigan cartoon. MAKE IT HAPPEN, DC), but we can work Beast in somewhere else.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:47 pm

He isn't an X-man, but I would love a Marvel Select Death's Head. He could appeal to both Marvel fans and Transformers fans.

Last edited by 1987olds442 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Caleb » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:25 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:
Caleb wrote:Dude, if anyone is going to play Ola Brunkert, it's going to be Longshot.

Good call! I was going for a Jabberjaw thing (speaking of, what a great template for an Etrigan cartoon. MAKE IT HAPPEN, DC), but we can work Beast in somewhere else.

Jabberjaw. Good god. Thanks for culling up that memory. If there is an Etrigan cartoon now, and he doesn't groan about the lack of respect he receives, I will be very, very disappointed.

I'd like to think that after the show closed, Jabberjaw ate Clamhead.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:02 pm

Well played on the suggestive name, though, Hanna-Barbera. And that still wasn't the strangest or dumbest show HB released in that time.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Caleb » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Strangest: That thing where Yogi and Huckleberry Hound hung out in space with a bunch of weird characters. I can't remember what it was called, but it was just weird.

Worst: I'm torn between Pink Panther and Sons (Pinky and Panky, anyone? ANYONE? Yeah.) and The Paw-Paws. One was awful. One was just as awful, but with a side of flagrant Native American (and every other Native culture HB could think of) racism thrown in for good measure. Both were terrible cartoons, though.

Okay, wait a sec...if this was at the same time as Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo? That one. Hands down. Scrappy-Doo can go lay in front of a speeding train.

Okay, back to the X-Men.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Havok1891 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:51 am

Caleb wrote:
Freddie: wrote:Jim Lee versions of
Psylocke
Rogue

I would take all of these in a heartbeat. Although I'd prefer Betsy's waist be a little (okay, a lot) thicker than Jim Lee ever drew here. Dear lord, she was all Bad 90's Hips in the Lee X-books. Not that 10 Year Old Caleb was complaining, but jeez. If they get around to Rogue and release the modern version as opposed to her 90's look, there's gonna be hell to pay with some of the fans.

What does the modern Rogue look like now? Last I saw it was retro to her original look. 90s Jim Lee look would make a lot of sense, if they have 90s Cyclops out yet. Do they?
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Caleb » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Nope, 90's Cyke hasn't been released yet. Just the good ol' hooded version (Spermclops) with an X-Factor variant. So, basically the exact thing that was released by Toy Biz, only with a Danger Room base. He's still a nice figure, and he's not as squat as the ML version was. For some reason, they haven't done much of the 90's X-Men in this line - although if Rogue pops up, she'll likely be in the togs Lee gave her.

Modern Rogue is this look. She's got a big ol' X on her cleavage. I mean, the scarf just doesn't make any sense for a superhero look at all. I know Rogue hasn't been a frontline X'er regularly, but it's still a dumb look.

Not as bad as Catbeast, though.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Avalon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:18 pm

I was never a big fan of that Rogue costume.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion