Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Select X-Men Wishlist

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Marvel Select X-Men Wishlist

Postby Havok1891 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:00 pm

If you could only get 3 X-Men figures in the next three years, which 3 characters (and looks) would you pick?
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Marvel Select X-Men Wishlist

Postby Avalon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Tough. I would say

Jubilee - Jim Lee look.
Madelyne Pryor - Is this one valid? Original Goblin Queen look.
Magik - New Mutants costume.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Tango X » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:25 pm

Rogue, Beast and Jean Grey from Jim Lee's X-Men would be great. I can make the Marvel Select Cyclops work. The Gambit already rocks.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Havok1891 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Magik in yellow & black would be nice. I can wait on Jubilee.

Goblin Queen is valid, that would be a hot figure.

For me:
1) Shadowtcat (blue)
2) Rogue (some 80s look)
3) Iceman? Beast would be cool. Blue hairy beast of course.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:29 am

1) Polaris X-Factor look
2) Psylocke standard ninja look
3) Dazzler Age of Apocalypse
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beastovjudgement » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:35 am

X-Men team members (in which case I don't know)? Or, X-Men "family" characters? If the latter, I go with:

1. Pyro; classic costume, with translucent fire monster base.
2. Apocalypse; early appearance tall, but not overly bulky version, with simulated teleporting energy base.
3. Lucifer; first appearance, with space ship base - I know I may be accused of trying to be deliberately obscure on this pick, but I really like the character's classic super villain look, and would love a figure.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:45 pm

1. 90's era Rogue - I know a lot of people probably wouldn't want this one, but MS does a really good job making females at least look attractive even if she wouldn't have a lot of articulation. I just can't bring myself to pay ebay prices for that fugly Marvel Legends Rogue from the multipack.

2. 90's Professor X - I doubt Hasbro will ever get around to making a comics style Xavier in his big yellow chair, but it seems like something that MS could pull off pretty well and pretty easily. Their packaging for MS figures is already enormous and he wouldn't need any more than an articulated neck and arms.

3. Apocalypse - He's one of the only big X-villains that I don't already have and I'd rather pay $25 for a new one than spend a fortune on the Marvel Legends B.A.F.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby Caleb » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:04 pm

1.) I'm gonna second Avalon on Jubilee. I don't know if I'd want her in Lee's particular style, but definitely the outfit she sported through most of the 90's. I'm still a little steamed about how the ML Jubes turned out, so it'd be nice to have a 6" figure that could stand with my ML X-Men. Plus I've had a soft spot for her since the X-Men cartoon, and it sucks that we have yet to get a modern action figure of the li'l lady.

2.) Beast. And not that horrible cat version, the long-snouted thing, or that version that hangs out with the googly-eye thing in Monsters, Inc. Personally, I'd love to have his classic look (sans blue fur), but I think that version's easily the most iconic. So, if we're getting a Beast figure in MS before they turn the lights off in this hypothetical? Call me a 90's nerd. I'd go with the look he sported from late 70's onward - blue fur, hair-horns, and navy trunks.

3.) Warpath. This dude just can't get any action figure love, and it's a shame. He's freakin' awesome. I know, I know. Thunderbird is more classic. But Warpath wandered into Hell to sock Stryfe in the face and gave Juggernaut a pretty decent beating. I'd love a figure of him in his red and navy T-Bird tribute colors, as opposed to the black and silver he usually sports these days. I should also mention that T-Bird would be nice too, but if I had to choose? Warpath.

Honorable Mentions: Arcade, Magik (X-Men uniform), Sauron, DOFP Kitty (just to match that Wolverine), Shatterstar, Forge, and Omega Sentinel
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:32 am

I haven't been following, not really being an X-fan. Have they made Dazzler yet?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Caleb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Nope, no Dazzler.

Also, if Dazzler makes the cut for MS before Beast, there's something very, very wrong with Diamond.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Next

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion