Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Marvel Collection: X-MEN & X-FORCE!!!

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: My Marvel Collection: MARVEL IS HERE!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:01 pm

It's weird, maybe I'm basing my perception of them on what I was accustomed to (Secret Wars and Super Powers) but I don't like the Marvel ones as much. They look kind of boxy. Especillay Wolverine. The DC ones look pretty similar to SP, though.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:09 am

Yes, I believe you are basing your likes because of those but don't be too hard on these, they're great and I have always loved them. I can't really know Secret Wars cause I got late into the game of Marvel to know them and only knew a bit of DCSP as you saw with My DCSP Superman but I thank goodness I was in time with ToyBiz's DC & Marvel SH. See your Toy Commercial topic for that I just typed :) Keep up with the topic cause ya never know when My next update will be ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:01 am

Wow, thanks for posting those DC Super Heroes/Super Powers figures, man. I was not even aware that there was some re-use/similarities in those two lines!!! I remember the ads for the Marvel figs if those are the ones I'm thinking of.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:18 am

Oh your welcome Acid, I hope to surprise people at something ;) My ToyBiz Marvel Super Heroes showcase will be at hand soon :batwink: :wwshock: :smsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Marvel Collection: HUGE MSH SHOWCASE !!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:47 am

So here we go with My showcase of ToyBiz' Marvel Super Heroes and this will be one huge but excellent presentation :batsmile: So if your just now seeing this and haven't seen how all of this came to be then get to the first page now cause you missed a lot pals & gals :batwink: :wwlol: :smgrin: OK, so the majority of these TBMSH I got at Toy Chest and at least 1 at K-Mart so near the climax I will have a special location section and it will be indeed a remarkable one :) The series came out in the great jam packed year of 1990 and a few considered a late release in early 1991.The time of Marvel Legends was fun in the 2000s which I kinda established many Marvel characters by then but there's never been a time like this of 90/91 since. Let's get started with the first entries already revealed in the previous update then then the others :o

The Punisher: Besides Spider-Man, Captain America & The Incredible Hulk, He was really the only Marvel character I knew since I was really a DC kid and didn't get into Marvel in late 1989/early 1990 which I have explained in the topic. Due to the 1989 Punisher movie I just loved him and the raw & gritty style of it as a whole. I then was super hooked on the NES game as well (look for a special sometime down the road within the topic about this!) he was an instant favorite. So when My Family took Me to South County's Toy Chest on a very special day (I will showcase this wonderful day near the end of this) is when I actually discovered these great TBMSH and because they were so similar like the TBDCSH, I could totally relate to them thus making Me want them and it was the pinnacle of a major Toy Chest haul and the beginning of a relationship with Marvel but I will always be a DC fan first :batgrin: So The Punisher looks really good with his iconic skull ready to punish the guilty. He has a cool firing cap backpack slider that I was kinda surprised about cause I was already well aware of Kenner's RoboCop figures having them and I thought that they were the only ones like that but nope, ToyBiz pulled off yet another Kenner trait and still I wonder how they managed to do it (at least they weren't like those corporate locusts Hasbro cause they just takeover everything while ToyBiz was mighty clever however in the mid 2000s, Hasbro would have their way with ToyBiz and milk their Marvel Legends as far as possible and it's even worse now with people giving in to this with this crowdfunding Haslabs scheme with beyond insane prices and with current inflations search me how people are doing it) and even to this day it still amazes Me that the cap-firing mechanism embedded in his back works as fine if not better than Kenner's 1988 RoboCop series :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Don't quote Me here but I believe This Punisher figure was the last one ever to have this feature :shock:

He has a good arsenal of guns. Loving G.I. Joes and action hero films with tons of gun battles this was right up My alley as he has a Colt 45. firearm, M-16, Uzi & Grenade Launcher which I really dig them all especially the latter :batwink:

One thing I was always a bit bummed about was he can only hold one at a time, a love a dueler :batsmile: :wwwink: :smummm:

Now Captain America was such a must, I believe his comic was the first Marvel comic I have of an actual Marvel character which look for that in a future showcase here soon :shock: The sculpting on him is really decent and I love his all American color on his attire. His mask wings look good size. His shield has a launcher that still works and you can attach his lone weapon either way onto his arm. This is undoubtedly one of the best CA figures ever made. I used to own the MLs ones and still even then this version takes the cake :batsmile:

So here is Spider-Man and he looks fine and dandy. I love the paint scheme that they did. He looks like he means businesses as a "matured/veteran Spidey" than some inexperienced teenager as his expression shows that :batsmile:

He has suction cups on his hands which is such an ideal way of making a figure stick to a window among other surfaces. He also has a cool flexible black web with his logo to enhance his gimmick :smwink:

Now I knew The Incredible Hulk thanks to the Bill Bixby & Lou Ferrigno live action TV show but I never watched it faithfully as a youngster and didn't really know it was Marvel at the time. When I first saw this figure I knew who he was and I'm like he's awesome and that's the character that Hulk Hogan is sort of named after cause it says it on most stuff with him on it that Hulk is a registered trademark Marvel Comics so as I have said before it pays so much to check out and find & read those Copyrights on action figures, books, posters and the like :batsmile: :wwwink: :smgrin: He's a bit short but he looks really superb. I have a always liked his mechanism on his back making his arms go up & down in a pose with his included bendable bar and he even has a throwing rock that is very a soft plastic that is really kid safe :batsmile: :wwwink: :smsmile:

So here is Iron Man, I was vaguely familiar with him at the time. I thought he was pretty cool with his large suit and removable mask. It's amazing how far the character has come and has been pushed as "THE ONE" since then :o

Here's Daredevil, another I really didn't know well. He looks kinda basic but it's really all that could be done cause his design isn't really that complicated. His weapon is so huge, it's really over-proportioned to fit his figure, in fact it looks really ridicules darn near like is this a joke but it wasn't and that's the way it was then :shock:

I believe I saw Silver Surfer before and seeing him on the peg was so cool, I really never seen a figure that was all silver like him before and he was instantly one of My faves not to mention he's an alien :smwink: The sculpting is really good and he includes his huge surf board. It has wheels on the bottom with a pullback action like a toy car, it's really, really cool how this still works really good and looks so cool even to this very moment as I type this :batwink:

Here's Doctor Octopus or DOC-OCK. I really didn't know him much but I thought he was really cool with four bendable limbs. Like his arc-nemesis, he too has suction cups as well as claws. His tentacles are bendable which is a very ideal way for this to work. He was a must have if you have Spider-Man :!:

Oh boy here is Venom, another alien that I thought was awesome with his big white eyes & big mouth full of teeth. Again, I wasn't familiar with him but soon would be because of the SNES Video Game Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage, that was a great one by Accalim :!: His figure is big, even bigger than The Incredible Hulk. He's extremely muscle bound and looks like a true terror humanoid monster. He had a "Living Skin Skin Pores" action feature to mimic the Symbiote Black Goo but I have since missed placed that but I'm sure it would have disintegrated by now or at least been really funky (see My 1990 Kenner Play-Doh in My Vintage Action Figure Topic to see how it crystallized over the course of 33 years :o He's a superb looking figure and one of the finest versions you could have believe Me cause I had many versions of him from the Marvel Legends, Spider-Man Classics & Marvel Selects lines and while they were fantastic, they lacked the classic feel and monstrosity that this possesses :blbat:

Oh here we go with arguably My most crucial of the whole line and that figure is none other than Doctor Doom :!: He was crucial because he was THE last one I needed. One day My Mom and her girlfriend Nancy along with her daughter Kimberly was going shopping and I wanted to come along too. My Mom knew her since she was young. I knew her off & on throughout My young childhood. She was a nice looking petite brunette with glasses and I kinda bonded with her daughter a bit. She was cute with long blonde hair. We were never attracted to each other in that sort of way. Our friendship was ok but it was nothing like Jenny & Chasity however (I talked about them wonderful girls earlier on). So We all went shopping for whatever reason. This was early 1991 like late Winter/Early Spring and I believe it was like 8 to maybe 10 PM. My Mom & I loved shopping late at night back then and We would continue to do so till the early 2000s until things changed for Us :roll: I think We stopped by only one place but I cannot be certain. I know for a fact that We went to the South County K-Mart in it's original building. I recall going to the toy isle and not seeing much I wanted but there was Dr. Doom on the peg, I hurried up and grabbed him cause he was the only character that I needed to complete My set and THE series and I asked My Mom if she could get him for Me and she did and he was Mine completing set :batsmile: :wwshock: :smwink: So with all of that being said he was yet again a character I really didn't know, I loved the look of him however with his cool silver armor & mask with cloth cape. He looked kinda medieval to Me and had two weapons which one is a drill and the other is some sort of steering wheel/shield. He has a spinning hand action feature which really works wonders with his drill :) I'm so grateful that My Mom go Me him to complete the series as he is one of My most prized & memorable action figures in My entire collection regardless of year, series, genre, scale and type :)

SPECIAL GALLERY!!

As always I love to show the Copyrights. Here's some of 1990 & 1991. Again it's quite important to check your figures for this type of info on their bodies. Really can be the same for anything that is collectible like Books, Movies, CDs, Video Games etc. Do yourself a favor and check your older stuff, it's imperative to because it tells you who made it and when. I've been doing it since I was a youngster, I always thought it was so fun to know it :)

So here is the BLISTER CARDS :!: Unfortunately I couldn't locate everyone like I did for ToyBiz's DCSH seen earlier on within the topic but I was able to find a few of'em which I'm thankful for that :) The three that I was able to find was The Hulk, Dr. Octopus & Dr. Doom. This what the front of the cards looked like which they're really neat :batsmile:

Here's the card backs and they looked pretty nifty as well.

Here is the characters' bios plus being helping advertisers to subscribe to Marvel Comics :!:

Amazing how this time period was and I sure do miss it...

as the 1990 Copyright can be seen here along with many of the figures that's within the series plus the cool vehicles & Training Center. I was never interested in them, I was never a vehicle person like I said about in My ToyBiz 89 Batman showcase, I only made an exception with those and from time to time with certain lines I will make exceptions if I feel I like it and need it for My displays or even to complete a series :batsmile:

Now here is a SPECIAL COMPARISON of how the all three of ToyBiz' major series were together at that time which was the 89 Batman, DC Super Heroes & Marvel Super Heroes. Now you can clearly see that the first two the DC lines were quite similar in style despite one was mostly movie inspired while the Marvel one looks way different however it still has the stars barrier at the top which is something else. These series' had some of the best art ever on a blister card and I regret that I didn't open them more cleanly. I didn't cut My blisters till I got My first SW: POTF2 Boba Fett in 1996 because I loved the look & feel of them, see My great SW Topic for more about that :batwink: To this day it's truly remarkable that all of this was done by ToyBiz that something like this actually happen for us kids in the fun years of 89 - 91 :) I really don't think people took to the time to realize how marvelous this occurrence was back then and still even now :batshock:

The back of the cards is arguably the bigger story here because while the DC versions looked similar like each other, they are actually more creative looking in My opinion as they just look like more thought & time went into them I mean they even had the bios and for a novice like Me at the time that wants to know these characters that's a very imperative part and always has been for Me and always will :batsmile: I mean the Marvel did too but it just didn't stand out and it just didn't immediately grab My attention like the DC ones did :batwink:

Here is an example of the ToyBiz logo on the blister cards. Note that the DC background is Bronze or Copper and the Marvel background is Silver. Gosh this is cool :batsmile:

We're All Together Now: So in one of the most important parts of the whole showcase is seeing every figure within the series with each other so here is My Marvel Superheroes Group Shot, look at that super display :batsmile:

Like My first Justice League will always be the one in My DC ToyBiz showcase, these [b]ToyBiz MSH The Avengers will always be My first as well :batsmile: :wwwink: :smgrin:

A Civil War :? :?: :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh:

When there was only a Sinister 2 :!: :!:

A Master's servant meets a new Master :? :o

When Aliens have their own Close Encounters :batshock: :wwwink: :smummm:

A Devil meets a Devil :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf: :blaq: Wolverines are sometimes called "Wood Devils" and ToyBiz's Wolverine is here bringing you a taste for things to come :batwink: :wwshock: :smgrin:

So here is an odd one. For the longest time I always thought that the The Riddler's sculpt was redone & reused to fit Daredevil in the future line :? I've never been able to confirm it after all of this time but looking at them side by side for decades in comparison I've always thought that is more than likely :batshock: :wwwink: :smgasp:

Here is one of the most fun displays you could ever do and one I would think most fans would "want" to do and that is put The Incredible Hulk (ToyBiz) vs. ''The Immortal'' Hulk Hogan (Hasbro) together facing off each other cause again, it's important to read those copyrights because for many, many years on just about everything it says that "Hulk" Hogan is used with permission of Marvel Comics. Trust Me, I have countless items that says it. Anyway the scale is pretty decent, even then ToyBiz was kinda being a toy rival and Me thinking that they were one of the best and in the 2000s I believe they truly were one of if not the best but little did I know that those corporate locusts Hasbro would be scheming yet again basically acquiring all rights to ToyBiz after Marvel's financial problems thus putting the final nail in the coffin when it came taking over most of your most iconic companies from the 80s & 90s, Tonka, Kenner & Parker Brothers, Larami, Galoob & OSTM, WowWee etc.) so this pic that I took has more than one meaningful purpose besides a fantasy confrontation of the ages :!:

Now here is quite a special. Earlier when I began this showcase I talked about The Punisher that he has a cap-firing mechanism embedded in his back and that it works just as fine if not better than Kenner's 1988 RoboCop versions. Well here is a size comparison between the two of Kenner's 1988 RoboCop & ToyBiz' 1990 The Punisher. Now you see that they ain't in scale with each other which is a bummer however they have the cap-slider on their backs and really both look darn near identical which really is uncanny especially during this era :batshock:

Now you see them opened up close & personal. I unfortunately I recently misplaced My Firing Caps darn it but I hope to relocate them in time. Now you can see that RoboCop's back looks really dirty basically worn out while The Punisher looks pretty good. That's because I used the heck out of RoboCop figures and really didn't with My Punisher figure. I'm not sure why, I had a ton of caps, they were easy to get over at Ben Franklin's on Grand, I guess because he was the only Marvel figure of the kind while there was many of the RoboCop series. So take a gander at this :)

NOTE: This year marks the 35th Anniversary of Kenner's 1988 RoboCop figures, I have most of them and I will be showcasing them all sometime in the near future in My Vintage Action Figure Topic :batshock: :wwwink: :smgasp:

Now here is the big one that anybody that is a fan of ToyBiz' most iconic classic series would want to witness, here is My display of ToyBiz DC & Marvel Super Heroes all together in one grand setup :batsmile: :wwwink: :smgrin:

SUPER SPECIAL ENTRY!!

Oh damn, here is My Great EXAMPLE of 1990: 1990 was such a great year for just about everything, in toys, comics, gaming especially in movies & wrestling. It's one of My most favorite years of all and it's really hard to defeat. You can check out My 3-Part Woolworth special in My Vintage Action Figure Topic, in Part 1 I showcase a great time I had at Location #1 on Grand right next to Paramount Drugs in 1990, it was so fun during this era of My childhood :) So here we have ToyBiz' MSH Silver Surfer, Kenner's Batman & Swamp Thing, Playmates's TMNT Slash & Dick Tracy, Galoob's WCW Barry Windham & Hasbro's WWF Akeem "The African Dream". Now that there is one heck of a lineup. I was a major collector of all of these lines and got most of what I could. I was huge on Swamp Thing, I actually knew him before Batman because of the original film but again didn't get into the comics until later. Slash was/is such a favorite of Mine, I loved that he was a bad turtle I always had him as a major villain back in the day when I played with him. I instantly became a Dick Tracy fan, I love the setting and how everything looked in the film and coming right off "the bat" in 89, Elfman scored the music here as well so I mean it was a no-brainer :) Now I was a huge fan of Barry Windham & Akeem. I loved how big & tall they were and they had such great personalities. Strangely they both were scheduled for the WWF 1989 Survivor Series & WCW 1991 Halloween Havoc PPV Events and both were unable to appear do to their respected reasons. This is another reason why I chose them together so take a gander an this great stuff :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

THE LOCATIONS!!

Here is Toy Chest. Sadly they went out of business due to TRU moving across the street & KB around the corner in the once big mall in South County. My last time there was in the great year of 1990 which was quite a crucial trip as you saw above, I explain a lot more on PAGE 27 of My Vintage Action Figure Topic and you don't want to miss it if you haven't read & seen it already but now we're going down a slightly different route that will expand this wonderful last time I had over at Toy Chest even further :batsmile: Notice the nice logo that I put together says many locations, I only went to and knew the South County one which I'm thankful for :)

Sadly, nobody ever talks about Toy Chest anymore and quite frankly they have been mostly forgotten in these pathetic oblivious times and I hate that, I mean I really despise crap like that :x Here was Toy Chest's Price Sticker :)

Here is what the building Toy Chest was located at in recent times looks like and now it's a JCPenny's believe it or not which really I'm glad their still around cause it was looking like they were falling into the same path as the web & P!@mD3mic was tearing them apart :roll:

So during this "last" trip to Toy Chest, it was Me along My Mom & My Grandparents. My Grandpa wanted to stop in Po'Folks for dinner which was a nice country type restaurant. Sadly I didn't appreciate this cause I was a stupid picky kid not really wanting to go to places like that as I wanted to go to places like McDonalds & Pizza Hut :roll: I don't recall what We ate there but I remember it was a good time. Unfortunately they closed their kitchen not too long after this day which was really a shame cause My Grandpa loved that joint :roll: Here is the Po'Folks area as they were the building on the left with Toy Chest in the background. Note that Tucker's Place is on the right, they are still there, they were one of My Mom's favorite restaurants, she'd have her boyfriend Nick take her there all the time, she loved their salads & salads dressings, some of the best you could ever taste :)

So on this one of a kind day at Toy Chest, I just wasn't lucky getting the ToyBiz Marvel Super Heroes but I also got a lot of WWF Hasbro action figures too because honestly that is WHY I wanted to go to Toy Chest, I was nearly obsessed with collecting them since I got My first one at My great Morgan Ford K-Mart which was Hulk Hogan in the Spring 1990.. Ever since I got him I wanted them all and I got all of series 1 from Target then they were coming out with series 2 which I found out watching WWF Prime Time Wrestling, Coliseum Video among other ways so around September 1990 came around and I had a significant haul, possibly the first I ever had. My eyes were focused on finding WWF figures and that is all and boy did I found'em. I put'em all in the shopping cart and I have no idea what My parents thought but they knew I wanted them so I was able to get every new figure that they had. Along the way I found a special little figure on the floor which I have showed this in My great Vintage Wrestling Collection Topic a long while back...

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Andre the Giant by HG Toys: Here is an interesting story. I was on the hunt for WWF Hasbro figures at Toy Chest, a big rival of [/b]Toys "R" Us[/b] at the time as they were right across the street from them! Anyway, this Andre the Giant Zipper Clip was in the wrestling figure isle loose, on the floor!! So I took it! Its the only time I ever saw this kind of figure in person. Well, finder's keepers :) The thing is, this particular figure was during the time of the LJN's meaning since they stopped selling these years prior to when I found him in 1990, look at the 1985 Titans Sports & H-G Toys Copyright :shock:

Now if that wasn't extraordinary enough, when I was looking around I saw a lot of things like dinosaur & monster figures and stuff like then I saw'em, I saw ToyBiz's Marvel Super Heroes and I was really euphoric, I wanted them a lot and so I got them too :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: This was a lot sure but dang stuff was so affordable then, see if anything that is offered on today's market is as cheap and as fun. I mean four of these cost what one cost now, it's so pathetic :roll: This was such a memorable day for Me and really I never had one like it since :) So I have in this special pic I placed everybody sans Dr. Doom because he was the last one I needed seen above in My big South County K-Mart story. I cannot be certain if I got Venom at Toy Chest but I put him there anyway. Now as for the WWF figures I know for a fact that I got "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan #1, Hulk Hogan #2 & The Ultimate Warrior #2 and most of all The Honky Tonk Man, he was My most wanted, even more than Piper :o I cannot be certain about "The Million Dollar Man" Ted Diabase #2, "Macho King" Randy Savage, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka & Big Boss Man #2 so like Venom I just put them there just in case. Take a good gander at this big history of My last & final time at Toy Chest :batwink:

So this is where Our really good K-Mart was which I have many memories there besides when My Mom got Me My Dr. Doom which I'll get to in time. On their left was a really cool Chuck E. Cheese there that took the place of the great Showbiz Pizza Place that I showcased in My great Vintage Action Figure & Odds & Ends Topics :o This Chuck E. Cheese is the location that I have talked about many times here when I played & beat the TMNT: Turtles in Time arcade game with a ton of Tokens in about an hour or so :batwink: Next to them on the far left used to be a nice Wehrenberg dollar theater show. I saw many movies with My Family there like Stargate, Anaconda, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Alien Resurrection & Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. The poor crippled black man who was the ticket master talked to My Grandpa there a lot. He would actually work at the huge Ronnies Wehrenberg theater (Marcus bought them out in 2016) much further down the opposite direction, I reconnected with him for a brief time several years ago and told him who I was and that he talked to My Grandpa and all that, he was nice and surprised :) K-Mart[/b] moved around the corner and took the place of Our great South County Venture when they went out of business in 1998 along with the rest of'em which was 25 years ago this year :( That location is where I discovered My Lanard K-9 Corps. figures in 2005 :shock: They flourished there for a while but with the likes of Walmart not too far a way, the internet being the thing that makes people being people they were only around a decade or so longer :roll: So when they moved in 98, Chuck E. Cheese went out of business around that time which was such a darn shame then they tore down then rebuilt the whole plaza and within a year a big Home Depot and who knows what else was all of a sudden there. The only thing I ever recognize was car dealership which Me & Mom went to once in a while and the Hooters and no I've never been there though I wouldn't mind seeing some busty waitresses handing Me My chicken ;) The whole South County area is so different now, very few places that was there during My childhood are all gone except a few like Best Buy that I showcased in My awesome Vintage Wrestling VHS & DVD Collection 5-Part showcase. It's not as bad as Crestwood mind you but it's still mighty depressing when you know how fun the region was years ago and when you compare it, I just hope there's others out there besides Me that recalls how it was back then cause it was so fun :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

So there is My huge showcase of My ToyBiz Marvel Super Heroes and I hope you enjoyed this and were surprised at what you saw and read. Next up will be another special entry that will be quite apropos to this topic and basically the second installment here which it maybe one that you may not expect, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:59 am

Hulk vs Hulk, lol. Hulk smash, brotha! It's nice that Doom looks good. I always hated the Secret Wars version as a kid because he didn't have a skirt or cape. I know that's mostly how he looked in the comic, but I always liked the classic look. Of course, he probably wouldn't be able to sit in his Doom Roller and Doom Copter then, but that's a trade off I would've made.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:04 am

Indeed, I have always loved the possibilities of fantasy displays :batsmile: I see what you mean and I'm glad you like the Dr. Doom I have :) More to come and thanks PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Marvel Collection: JUST TOYS SPIDER-MAN!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:39 am

So continuing on My Marvel collection, if you paid attention to My logo in the very beginning of the topic you saw that it features other logos within it by many companies other than ToyBiz, well this will be My first that will deal with someone else and it's a company I really liked and that is Just Toys., This will feature My Just Toys Spider-Man Bendable Figure :o I don't recall where I got him but I am contemplating that I got him over at the St. Louis Carnival Supply which was a tremendous store to be at, I adored that fun place and I may showcase that one if I have enough materiel to go on cause there really isn't that much I'm afraid :roll: I really didn't know who he was except a comic character like Batman, Superman & Swamp Thing cause 1989 was really the year when My comic attention started expanding. I got him a year or so before My 1990/1991 ToyBiz Marvel Super Heroes that I just previously showcased. I only got him but I don't remember if I saw others but I recall I really liked his blue & red color scheme. I was collecting bendables at the time which you can see a big holiday collection & much more in My Vintage Action Figure Topic. The sculpting here is quite decent. Look at his suit especially the sculpted Spidey emblems and thank goodness I took good care of him :)

Here is My Just Toys Spider-Man Bendable's 1989 Copyright...look at that...I love it :batsmile: And here he is with My Just Toys WCW Sting Bendable :o I showcased him along with all the rest of My Just Toys & Galoob WCW figures in My Vintage Wrestling Collection sometime ago. I got Sting and some of the other Just Toys over at Walgreens on Gravois in Holly Hills that I have spoke about & showcased many times previously. [b]Sting and the rest of that series came out in 1990 so this Spider-Man was My first ever Just Toys figure :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I would collect their great WWF Bendables in the mid to 90s as well which they were arguably My favorite wrestling figures, they are just so darn fun to play with :batsmile:

So here is how My Spider-Man Just Toys Bendable compares to My ToyBiz MSH Spider-Man. As you can see he's way taller and darn near looks like a dressed up Tall White extraterrestrial :shock: :smgrin: He looks serious however :batwink: :wwwink:

So there you have it, I hope you liked this and were surprised at least somewhat :) Next will be a few comics from around this great fun period of time in the very early 90s, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Marvel Collection: 1st Marvel Comic!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:28 am

I posted this a long while back in My Vintage Action Figure Topic. I wanted to quote Myself here and enter this here before I do My next one because I believe this was My very first Marvel Comic ever from 1988/1989 :o

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Dino Rider Marvel Comic: I had featured Tyco's Dino Riders long ago in this topic as well as My Dinosaur topic. If you have already seen it then you'll know what it is and that I only had one set. Look back for that. So, I found a whole bunch of comics and one of them was Dino Riders! Since I had featured them before I had the idea to do it once more. Here is brief look at it, it was the first issue ever in 1989 (it can go for a pretty penny at eBay) :o I believe My Grandma got it for Me at Paramount Drug Store (they were great, every time we needed meds and waited, I'd look at the nice comic section and they even had some cool toys...they would even deliver your items to your house but like so many they've been gone for about 30 years or so) :!: I haven't seen this book in ages :shock: Look at the classic art and cool video games ads too, oh these were some of the best times to be a kid :)

Now here is the back cover and boy-o-boy is it a beauty :shock: I was actually surprised that the G.I. Joe mail away personalized figure was on it. I mean back then something like this was huge and really radical for a youngster. I have also showcased My Brandon The Brigadier prior as well and coincidentally compared his size with My Dino Riders :shock:

So I have showcased My Dino Riders & G.I. Joe Brandon the Brigader in My Vintage Action Figure Topic as well as My Dinosaur Topic as well. I have also showcased Paramount Drugs there and in Odds & Ends Topics. They were so wonderful cause they would deliver you meds to you :) Next up will be My second Marvel Comic but will actually be My first actual Marvel Character, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Marvel Collection: 1st Marvel Comic!!

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:33 pm

Sweet, man. Marvel's toy comics are actually really underrated. It's awesome you still have your first comic. The earliest one I can remember is an issue of Spectacular Spider-man featuring Punisher and the Persuader.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion