Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Coming of Another Haslabs...

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: The Coming of Another Haslabs...

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:12 pm

I feel like you should get him. You'll regret it if you don't. I'm not even that in to MLs anymore, I've passed on the majority of most recent waves, but something like this I can't pass up.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:17 pm

Final tier BTW is an alternate Dr. Doom head. Like, wtf is that? Who the hell is going to put a Doom head on a $400 Galactus figure? Should've been another Herald, Punisher robot, or an Ultimate Nullifier or something. Kind of lame. Guess you can always repaint the hood green and just have a giant Doom head on your shelf. SMH.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:30 pm

Of what import are brief, nameless $435 to Galactus?

It's done. Placed my order. He will be mine.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:33 pm

I can’t wait for the reviews! I’ll be happy with the Marvel Universe one…until I see the HasLab in person then I’ll weep
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:03 pm

There's still time! You only really regret the ones you don't buy.

He's at 28,385 and going. The Sentinel, for as much as I thought some would buy more than one, only sold 21,188.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:55 am

Well, the Big G gathered steam the last few days and wound up devouring a whopping 32,360 purchases, or a cool $12.94 million for Hasbro. It'll be interesting to see what the Black Series Rancor HasLab sells for and totals. In all honesty, it shouldn't be much more than the Victory Sabre, but knowing Hasbro, they'll jack up the price because it's Star Wars.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:03 am

I haven't kept up with Hasbro in years, basically after Sigma 6 and their takeover of Marvel Legends from ToyBiz like they took over most of the other great toy companies of the past like Tonka, Kenner, Galoob among others and especially since all of this fake woke stuff. Anyway, there is plenty of figures that I regret not getting in the past, too many to name which who knows, it could be in it's own topic. I had mentioned him before in a couple other topics, Evil Draxx, the Street Sharks by Mattel which I had a chance to get him long ago but I freakin' blew it and I regret that so much, I hope I can get him one day in the near future...he is one of the rarest action figures of all-time due to his extremely limited toy production run and ultimately the cancellation of the whole series in the middle 90s. So there's one from Me :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:24 pm

I ended up passing this guy…funny too because I told myself years ago if Hasbro ever made a giant Galactus I’d go in; oh well
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:44 pm

Man, I wish he was $100 cheaper, but I couldn't pass him up. Even told my wife about it and she didn't take issue with the price! Hopefully the Rancor is a lot cheaper with Oola, and Malakili, maybe a skiff guard.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:55 am

Now for Me that is way, way too pricey. I can't believe Hasbro is doing this crowd funded stuff to like Mattel. Doesn't collectors find it ludicrous how things were so cheap years and year ago like I have been talkin' about for a while now? these billion dollar + companies saying they don't have the resources and all that, I heard that throughout the entire of tenure of Matty Collector's run and that was then and I am still fed up with how Mattel handled everything from MOTUC to DCUC and don't get Me started about their WWE stuff that they still continued to price as high as possible :o Anyway, Amazing how You can get the original vintage Kenner Rancor for this price sealed or even less! You can even get the POTF 2 Rancor for even cheaper and that version is arguably even better than the first even though the first edition is My fave of the two. Also the original versions Oola & Malakili and guards are cheap too on eBay as well believe it or not. People forget about the classics and that's just sad. If you missed the originals back in the day why not get them instead for much cheaper instead of shelling out for stuff that is way more expensive? I mean if money is no object and you really want it then by all means get it, I've been that way when I had the moolah that is. I just look at things differently, I want to get the things I couldn't get before especially since a lot of it is actually cheaper than current retail. Same thing with Galactus, ToyBiz made an excellent BAF of him years before Hasbro took over like they take over everything, I didn't think anything was wrong with him either :roll: IMO these companies are being so repetitive making things that's be made already several times or more, I want stuff that's never ever been made before, characters and the like that are refreshing and surprising where you could look on your shelf and say to yourself, now this is a nice surprise and really new to look at and feel good about it too!

Like I said before, for those who backed these insanely priced figures and really wanted them then congrats that you did :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion