Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Coming of Another Haslabs...

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: The Coming of Another Haslabs...

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:20 pm

Just got an email from Hasbro that I have until the 30th to change shipping addresses because they're going to start shipping Galactuses (Galacti?) soon after. Still kind of crazy what I spent on him but as I've said elsewhere 80s/early 90s Ron Lim/Ron Marz Silver Surfer was my favorite book growing up, even ahead of Amazing Spiderman and Uncanny X-men, so getting Galactus and a bunch of Heralds is pretty cool. Just need Firelord.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:36 pm

FOMO starting to set in...
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:29 pm

Well you don't plan on moving anytime do you PB :?: Did you order the entire tier or what? I have seen some on eBay for $599.00 :shock: Is this a true legit honest price or is that a scalping price :? I'm not interested in this super expensive stuff that's already been made before. To think that we cold get a Build-A-Figure/BAF Marvel Legends Galactuc with a set of ML for $60 to $70 in the 2000s. What the toy market has come to :roll: I hope your happy with you new Galactus when he arrives :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:28 am

With tax he ran me like $432, so $600 is aftermarket. Probably a decent cost to ship him as well. The old ML Galactus was ok, but this guy is 3x as big! It was nice when MLs were $7.82 at Walmart 15 years ago. I've noticed everything has been easier to find since the latest price increase to $24.99. I've stopped buying MLs, but this was too cool to pass up.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:18 am

Size didn't bother Me then but I guess many people are hard to satisfy. Unreal prices, you could get a lot of vintage greatness for that amount and yeah the they wanted the shipping for $199, gosh this day & age sucks hard :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:27 am

Yeah, I probably could've done a lot of better things with $400 but I guess it's a once in a lifetime thing. There really isn't any other character I'd spend that much money on but being a big FF and Silver Surfer fan a giant Galactus to go along with them was too cool to pass up/ I haven't backed any HasLab since, though I probably would've done the Rancor if he were $200 cheaper, but Hasbro got greedy and that one failed. Doesn't look like the new Ghost Rider one is faring well either. I can't imagine paying that much for a car no matter how many features it has when you can walk into Target or Walmart, and they have cars comparable in size for under $50. Sure, it's "highly detailed" and probably better-quality materials, but not anything I'd be interested in. Galactus is a one-of-a-kind character though, and if I didn't get him now...I can't imagine he'll ever be cheaper.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:33 am

Yeah, I totally get that. For something you love you'll do just about anything for it, I totally get it PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:09 pm

He's coming! He shipped today!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:31 am

Well congrats PB :) I bet his box is going to be huge. Are you going to showcase him in his own topic when you can like you did your customs or wrestling stuff or something like I do :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:34 am

I'll take some pics for sure. Probably just post them here to wrap up this thread. Hard to believe it's been over a year now. Time really does fly.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion