Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:05 pm

WCW still seemed to be holding onto their southern roots in the early 90s.

Kamille has been a free agent since January.
Spoiler:
I assumed she'd eventually go to the WWE, but yesterday it was reported she was All Elite. I hope they use her right.
She's a lot like Jade Cargill only a much better wrestler at this point in time. They're actually the same height. I always thought they'd make for an interesting matchup.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 01, 2024 9:10 am

Yes, WCW did. Actually they kinda still had southern stuff going on till their last days. Yes she is similar and I would imagine she would be in AEW cause she showed up there when they were doing the NWA involvement. Her theme is cool :)

Here's Demotion's great iconic theme song :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 01, 2024 12:54 pm

Easily one of the greatest themes ever.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 02, 2024 7:46 am

Yes it sure is, one of My faves :) Mick Foley's TNA theme was pretty :)

Here's The Repo Man's fun theme :) Watch as he is really funny here winking at the camera and faces Crush...it was like an alternate reality of Crush vs. Smash :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 02, 2024 1:54 pm

The early 90s were not the best era for gimmicks.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 03, 2024 6:32 am

I really liked "Ravishing" Rick Rude's WWF theme, so classic, here's his WCW theme :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 03, 2024 7:35 pm

That wasn't bad either.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 04, 2024 5:19 am

Yes and his time in WCW was arguably better than his time in the WWF...just a shame it was cut short due to his bad injury...I would have loved it to see how he would have been when Hogan arrived and so on then again we would have never gotten his unbelievable moments in the WWF & WCW at the same time in 97 :)

Oh I know that AJ Styles' TNA theme, it was a very good song. Back in the days of WWE's Thunderdome...this happen :shock:

OK, while I liked Styles' TNA theme, I really like his ROH theme more. I liked the title & subject of Demi Gods plus the Sumerian and/or Egyptian choir :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 04, 2024 4:54 pm

I watched a little bit of Backlash because I still have Peacock for a day or two, and I have to say, AJ us looking buff. With his hair and build he's starting to look like WCW Macho Man to me.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 05, 2024 5:19 am

I would imagine you would keep Peacock with all of those comedies & shows on there like Everybody Loves Raymond, Quantum Leap, The Office, Resident Alien, & Punky Brewster. I will see BackLash soon. Yes, AJ put on the pounds of muscle :!:

Oh yes, that was Macho Man's last hurrah really :roll: I really liked how he was. He matched the new stuff of Hogan, The Warrior & Sting and what Luger with Liz would do as well. It was cool how he was with Sid & the women. My fave was Madusa :batwink: He had a pretty nifty theme there too :)

Okay, here's 2 themes but first before I get to the first one...I've posted this before cause it's one of My all-time faves...you can just hear how cool the early 90s was. Listen closely to The Diamond Stud's theme...

OK, you got that great theme down pat :?: Good :!: First in this debut match of Barry Darsow in red tights in 1994, 30 years ago this year, along while before his Blacktop Bully gimmick. Now listen to his theme...it's The Diamond Studd's great theme :o

So when Barry Darsow returned to WCW in 97...he came out with this cool theme :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc