Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:41 pm

Hey, the what the world needs now is more threads. Or at least this forum does, so I figured why not have a topic on entrance themes? So I'm going to try to post one daily or as often as possible, might be current, might be old, might be obscure, but it'll be something. Feel free to comment or post your own. Do or do not, there is no try.

So I'm going to start off with what is currently my favorite entrance theme....

I went with the NJPW version because the video is much better.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:05 am

Wow PB, I love wrestling themes. I loved the 80s and 90s ones before all of the actual songs when they were actual themes IMO. I was thinkin' about postin' a topic of it but I wasn't sure if it would go over or not. Anyway, since you posted that Jericho one which an awesome one by the way...

Here is Kenny Omega from about the same time...I just loved this one and I thought it was very bittersweet he didn't use it in the early days of AEW or anytime for the matter except for All-In. In fact i think he would have an even larger impact then if he had IMO.

Here is a custom Tron was is tremendous with the theme.

Here is the same theme with arena effects. Mute but watch the above one and play this music while watching the vid above!

I loved the Jericho/Omega stuff in japan, it was truly one of the best super-clashes ever and something the states had missing for so very long!

Good topic PB. I'll be posting too, there's a lot of old school WWF & WCW ones I love and already have in mind. I'll let you post next cause I don't wanna steal your thunder or even post the same thing you did :lol:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:47 am

Cool, just like every other topic, looks like it''ll be mostly you and me, lol. Please, post whatever you like. There's more than enough themes for he both of us! Omega has had some good themes. I like his current one as well. I recently made myself a CD of AEW themes for the car when there's nothing else on the radio.

Like a decade ago I belonged to a wrestling forum for CAWs, and they ran a March Madness sort of bracket tournament about themes. I don't remember who won, but I nominated this song. It didn't fair well, but for some reason I always liked the goofiness of it.

Actually, let's make this a two-fer as this theme is pretty similar and was just as amusing to me. I really liked Santino before they went way tooo goofy with him. Kind of like R-Truth.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:57 am

Huh, I wasn't familiar with that one of Christian. It was cool. I had a very long hiatus from game systems to the 2010s. Last CAWs I did before that was from WM 2000 & No Mercy on N64. I didn't get involved with the 2K series till WWE 2K14 on Xbox 360.

Oh yes, Santino. What a silly one. Good though.

Since you did 2 I'll do 2 as well. Since I love the oldies here is two of My faves.

Demolition WWF theme 1: It was when they were babyfaces in the late 80s till around SummerSlam 90 and it was a terrific time. Its a great song.

Demolition's heel theme. This was in late 90 when Crush permanently replaced Ax till he & Smash left in early 91. This is one of My most fave of wrestling themes of all-time. It always has reminded Me of the some of the Snake Mountain music in the original He-Man cartoon!

I don't know about you but I think we should post a couple every-time we post on this topic :idea: That's it for now, gotta go, more later :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:12 am

Ah, Demolition was a classic. Pretty sure that was top-4 in that tournament. I had cassettes of The Wrestling Album and Piledriver when I was a kid and played them until the tape broke.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:31 am

Yep, they were great. I never got them wrestling albums before. My first one was actually WWF Wrestlemania The Album in 93. I got the Fan Club cassette tapes though with the themes on there from 90 and so on.

Here is My picks for now.

The Machines: I loved them during their brief time (amazing it was Hogan, Andre, Ax, Mulligan & Piper all together with Lou Albano!) and I thought this theme was actually kinda creepy to be honest but in a good spooky way ;)

The Powers of Pain: Yep, they actually had a theme. After their NWA days feuding with the Road Warriors, they entered the federation as babyfaces :o They fought Demolition who were heels. Master Fuji betrayed them and joined TPOP and then they became monstrous heels and they lost their theme and Demolition became the babyface team. This theme was only present for a number of weeks if I recall correctly. I never knew why they didn't keep it or make a new one, the presence of the heel team would have been even more intimidating IMO had they had one. It's a great, unappreciated theme and has that cool sporty sound that Jim Johnston was known for back then!

That's all for now :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:40 pm

Don't know if I've heard the Machines theme. Has a very Halloween sound to it. Cool.

Here's a TNA two fer. I hope someday either in WWE, Impact, or AEW we can get a Beer Money reunion. I'd popped.

Always loved James Storm's theme. The Roode-Storm Impact feud was really good at the time. That era of Impact was much better than what the WWE was doing at the time, even if they didn't have the names WWE had. A shame they squandered it. I don't even really like country music, but I liked this. Sorry....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:32 am

My favorite tag team as a kid....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:41 am

Yep, it would be good for Halloween ;)

Good ones PB, great that the Bulldogs were your top team :) I'm not big country music fan either but that was good. Yeah, My fave years of TNA was 2010 - 2015. I know I don't talk much about TNA other that My figures but to show My love for them, I'll make an exception and post 4 of'em + a special bonus ;)

Gail Kim - Oh I really liked her. I preferred her instrumental version of her theme and it was gold!

Mickie James - Like I said about country, I liked this one a lot. Amazing when she just entered the Royal Rumble she had the Knockouts title and came out to this song like it 10 years ago, it was surreal really :o

Bad Influnece - This was one of the funnest themes ever, I loved them before the SCU days.

Kevin Nash - One of My fave wrestlers of all an dI loved this theme!

BONUS!

Daffney Unger - Oh gosh, she was one of My faves, I had an absolute crush on her then, I still can't believe she's gone :(

That's all PB, see ya later ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:24 pm

I think Andre also used a version of that Giant Machine theme in All Japan Pro Wrestling.

I'll add to this growing list. Strike Force Girls in Cars:

Koko B Ware Piledriver

Rougeau Brothers All-American Themes

Jushin Thunder Liger
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc