Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:13 pm

It's kind of funny they used the same running police for the Dx titantron.

Maybe the greatest theme ever?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:33 am

Crap, I forgot to put the Raw is War theme intro there on the previous page...My bad....its THERE now so go back and it out check it, it's hardcore :D

I vote nah, its was ok, I wasn't that crazy about the @$$ Man gimmick and he is still doing that today in AEW and Billy Gunn LOOKS EVEN BETTER NOW then he did then and he is ALMOST 60 :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smsmh:

OK, here is mine for today,

WWF

"The Model" Rick Martel - Oh I adored him, he was so great and I always thought he would have been a good champion but never made it :roll: His theme is pure joy and it's always been one of My most favorite ever since his Model gimmick debut!

The Beverly Brothers - I loved these guys, this is their second theme and it's so fun. They had IMO the most devastating tag team maneuver called the "Shaker Heights"...no team has ever had a move quite like that one :o

The Natural Disasters - Basically Earthquakes's cool theme but these guys were a fun team to watch.

Sid - One My absolute favorites, he was awesome! His theme was like no others, I always loved it!

WCW

Vader - One of the best themes WCW ever made, this is during some of Vader's best moments!

Vinnie Vegas - Another gimmick of Kevin Nash in WCW his character was ok but gosh I loved his theme! Amazing how he went to WWF looking very similar but it was it like he became a biker or something a first with HBK!

Bill Goldberg - He was so unbelievable then! Watch closely when he kicks Bret Hart, THAT KICK IS THE KICK that ENDED Bret's career! Also, this was NOT Goldberg's theme originally, it was actually Pat Tanaka's theme in WCW if you can beleive that :wwshock: :smgasp: :batshock: :shock:

That's all for today, I gotta list gonin' that should for last for several more days :lol: See what you got PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:46 pm

Aw, man, I always thought Billy Gunn's song was a fun little romp. Here's the story behind it:

"So Brian -- Road Dogg -- he had a live mic and could say whatever he wanted to," he said. "Back in the Attitude Era, where everything you said stuck like glue, he comes out and for some reason he's mad. He says, 'You will not call him that. You will call him Mr. Ass. You will call me Mr. Dogg.' And the next week on Raw everybody had Mr. Ass signs. I looked at him and went, 'Thanks. Thanks for that."

"Once they separated us a bit, somebody said 'let's make him some music.' For the first two or three years, I didn't hear the lyrics to the song," he noted. "People dug it and they were like, 'It's so funny. It's so cool.' And I said, 'I guess so.' And they asked, 'Have you ever heard it?' And I sat back and went, 'No, I guess I haven't.' So I listened to it and went.....'I think I'm gay.' Not that there's nothing wrong with that. I was gay at one time. I just realized the song was way inappropriate, but cool at the time."

I always liked the Natural Disasters. Fit perfectly. Made me think of Godzilla, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:17 am

Ok, watching the US play Germany in Olympic hockey, so you'll quickly notice a theme here...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:38 am

Wonderful trivia :?

Yeah, the Horsemen theme was great, too bad Fortune had to have an actual song :roll: For awhile The Pinnacle was getting close like the originals in many ways but nothing, no matter what anybody does and how hard they try in this day and age will it ever be the same like the old days :roll:

Yeah, Hogan's theme great and I prefer it better than his WCW but it was actually the American Express' theme and Angle's theme was great, it was actually the Patriots's first. I hate it especially now when something trends when it wasn't the first. Hogan's WCW theme was good and catchy.

Here is mine, all WWF New Generation.

"Sparky Plugg" Bob Holly - Always liked his theme, like his character too, it was funner than the Hardcore Holly one IMO.

Duke "The Dumpster" Droese - A fun theme. He was cool, shame he went nowhere :roll:

Waylon Mercy - A decent theme. I loved him back then. Good'ole Dan Spivey! Amazing he gave Windham his blessing to be an character like him.

Jean-Pierre LaFitte - I loved Pierre. This was My fave gimmick of PCO, he was going places in the WWF then the Kliq happen and ruined it all :roll: His theme is great. Of course people has to complain and say it sounds like The Undertaker or Hakushi...instead of that why don't they be grateful that is it actually available after decades of waiting for it :x

That's all I got for today.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:12 am

It's midnight here, so officially happy Valentine's Day!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:41 am

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too, bud!

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:25 am

Yep, Happy Valentine's Day to you guys as well. Oh Brother Love. I thought he was funny especially when he returned in 95. He had a very fitting theme. SC Mark Henry. It was good but it wasn't My fave, same thing with the theme. Ah Del Ray. He was great and I loved the Heavenly Bodies, I thought they were unintentionally hilarious and I found their theme to be awesome!

Here's Mine for today, since this is Valentine's Day and since you guys posted VD themes-like, here is Mine, I thought it was apropos!

Shawn Michaels & Sherri Martel - Yep, this is when "The Heartbreak Kid" just turned heel and Sherri became his lady besides him! We're so used to him singing his own song over the past 25 years but Sherri WAS FIRST to do it in 92 :o I loved those days :)

Again, more New Generation and maybe a bonus tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:58 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:28 am

Yeah,that Eddie one was good. I loved how Chyna was too. Sham either both gone :(

Here's Mine for today.

WWF New Generation continues!

Doink the Clown - I just loved heel Doink. I'm not a fan of clowns but Matt Borne's version was the best clown ever at least in wrestling IMO. I remember when he first showed up as a complete mystery as to who he was and why he was in the arena in 92 and 93 and his feud with Kona Crush was such a funny highlight! He could come to My B-Day party anytime :D

Bastion Booger - I loved Booger! He was the most hilarious wrestler. He hardly used this funny theme however as just mere weeks after it was his he left the the federation.

Aldo Montoya - I thought he was good though I knew he was PJ Walker right away (later he would become Justin Credible) and his theme was quite different.

Mantaur - He had potential but never went anywhere and didn't last very long. Shame Cornette didn't do anything better about it. His theme is pretty good, sounds like what a stampede of minotaurs would sound like!

Savio Vega - Ah, I really liked Savio. I loved how he upgraded his TNT gimmick from WWC! Shame he was never a champion. His theme is grand and pure joy :!:

Thats all I have for today, I love The New Generation but maybe I will mix it up tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc