Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:20 am

Good goin' Acid, nice choices ;) The Young Stallions & Koko ones are very underrated themes. I have always loved the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers' theme, so catchy! Jacques Rougeau is one of My all-time fave wrestlers by the way. That Liger one is sweet :!:

Yes, you be correct, it was Andre's theme in Japan, many times he was known as "Monster Roussimoff".

OK, here is My entries for today,

Abudullah the Butcher - One of My absolute faves of all, this is not a theme but a special music video that was put together by the WWC (I loved them, they were EXTREME to the core before ECW was even a thought!) and they were a great and fun fed. Classic times and this video is PRICELESS, I've watched and listen to it countless times, I just love it :o

Here is a couple WCW from 91 that I love the sound and style of! They had a lot of great ones back then!

OZ - This was one of Kevin Nash's many gimmicks there before he went to the WWF in 93 and became Diesel! The music is excellent!

Diamond Studd - This is Scott Hall after he left the WWC, he was managed by a young DDP. In 92 Hall/Studd would become Razor Ramon in the WWF in 92 which IMO as nothin' but an upgraded Diamond Studd!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:00 am

It's amazing Hall and Nash ever got over with those gimmicks in their past, lol. I love Magnum PI look for Scott Hall from the AWA days.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:35 am

Oh hell, I know I already posted some of AJ's themes, but I'm going to toss the Bushwhackers in here as well. Why, well go check out the TV Guest Stars thread to find out more, mate.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:58 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Oh hell, I know I already posted some of AJ's themes, but I'm going to toss the Bushwhackers in here as well. Why, well go check out the TV Guest Stars thread to find out more, mate.

Waaait. Did you post their guest spot on Family Matters??? :batshock:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:10 pm

AcidDragon wrote:
packerbacker180 wrote:Oh hell, I know I already posted some of AJ's themes, but I'm going to toss the Bushwhackers in here as well. Why, well go check out the TV Guest Stars thread to find out more, mate.

Waaait. Did you post their guest spot on Family Matters??? :batshock:

wwf-wwe-nxt-f52/tv-guest-stars-or-that-time-hhh-was-on-the-drew-carey-show-t1201-10.html
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:01 am

Hah, good ones PB.

Funny you posted about AJ, I was just thinking about his classic themes. Here is My fave of his during his tenor in ROH in 2014. I'm not crazy about the rapping but My fave part of type of the song I like starts @ 59 seconds. It's pretty good, I listened to it a lot over the years.

Moving on to more classic ones.

The Dangerous Alliance - Ah, one of My most faves of all from 92, listen to that great WCW theme and look at the guys! Such greatness :o

The Hollywood Blonds - Ah, another fave and terrific one from 92! This is the team where AEW's Varsity Blonds gets their inspiration from. Note Pillman's daddy is great here and this was before Stone Cold was even a thought though this is where his origins of being a rough one actually started! Many wrestlers would use this theme in WCW after they broke up such as Greg Valentine!

One last one for today...

JJ Jeff Jarrett - Continuing when we were talking about him the other day, this is My fave theme, look and and time of his. It was when Jim Cornette brought the NWA into the WWF. It didn't too long however which is a shame cause I loved it. It was JJ, Barry Windham and the The Rock 'n' Roll Express. It was My fave time of the WWF in 98!

That's all for now PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:49 pm

At least you didn't play "With My Baby Tonight". Hope AJ gets to AEW someday because the matches he could have with guys like Danielson, Omega, Mox,....phew, take my money.

It's a shame Taz(z) never got a good run in the WWE, but at 5'9" he isn't exactly the kind of man Vince fawns over. I'd love to see Team Taz get Leyla Hirsch and give her a Taz-like heel push. If any woman kind of reminds me of Taz, it'd be Hirsch at her size and her submission prowess. I feel like she could be a good heel in AEW.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:48 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:33 am

It still cracks me up that Big Boss Man came out to that theme at one point.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:00 pm

Oh I actually liked "With My Baby Tonight". It was something when they had that feud when The Roadie/Road Dogg was revealed to be the real singer. Man, Road Dogg actually had a good babyface run there for a while in 96 as "The REAL JJ".

Huh, I never thought about that PB, now that you say it, Hirsh would be great for Team Taz, males stables need more women! There isn't many women like Hirsh, she's something else :o Yeah, hopefully AJ will before he retires.

I loved that song of Tazz and his brief time there as a wrestler. I see what he means when he said Ciampa copied off of his gimmick there.

Wow, Slick's song! That was classic, most of his men like the One Man Gang (Akeem), The Twin Towers (Akeem & The Big Boss Man), Hacksaw Butch Reed and others came out to that theme!

Acid - Yep, he did, Boss Man was much heavier then and a really good heel, amazing how he changed in 90.

OK, since I didn't post any yesterday, I'm gonna make up for it and post a few but it's gonna be a large ladies post. Here they are :o

WWF

Alundra Blaze - Ah she is one of My all-time faves, I loved her in WCW in the early 90s but I absolutely digged her when they brought the women's division back in 93. She was the total package and one of the greatest women wrestlers ever IMO!

Sunny - Oh she was My fave of the valet-type females. I followed her in her days with Chris Candido in SMW a few years before they made it to the WWF in 95. I thought she was so great looking and it was really a shame when Sable stole her thunder. She was still great in her run to ECW and her short stint in WCW was pretty good too. I know all of the trouble she has gone thru and caused over the years but that doesn't stop Me from like'in her during these times. Women nowadays like Lana is just so mild, bland and boring compare to her and a lot of other women in the 90s IMO. Tammy was was great on the mic too :!:

Barbara "BB" Bush - She had a very brief run in the attiude era. I thought she was fantastic. There's a second theme of her's out there, couldn't find it but if I do I'll post it here cause it's better than this one and it's a classic!

Jacqueline Moore - Oh I loved her too and followed her before her WCW stint. She was tremendous in all categories and her theme is pretty good.

Chyna - Oh poor Chyna, I felt so sorry for her. She is really My fave woman wrestler personality of all-time. She had everything...really beyond a total package. I thought she was beautiful and so exciting to watch. Her song was really good too :(

TNA

Beautiful People - I loved them since they began as group, I loved them during 2010 but when they returned for who's what number of time a few years ago I thought they were still great. My fave of the group is Angelina Love!

The Dollhouse - They were a cool female group, had some fun moments. Taryn Terrell was My fave of the group.

Well, that's all what I got for today, got some ideas for tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc