Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:59 am

And they wonder why WCW started beating them i the ratings, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:01 am

OK, well here is a bit of a mixture from Me today.

Dino Bravo - I really liked him, shame he held no titles. He got involved with a crime family and his murder is still unsolved but I remember long ago in Pro Wrestling Illustrated that they said he was murdered over a pack of cigs :o

Man Mountain Rock - Ah Max Payne from WCW! Shame he didn't get any further in 95 in the WWF. He could really play guitar! While I couldn't find a tron but this IS GREAT! He plays his theme in the ring in this actual match! I thought he was fun. Sometimes when I see AJ Styles I can't help but think that he looks like Man Mountain Rock face-wise!

Droz - Speaking of Man Mountain Rock, poor Droz' theme was actually based on his cause when MMR would come to the ring and NOT play his guitar he would come out with this one! Anyway, Darren "Droz"/"Puke" Drozdov was really good but had his career and basically his life cut very short due to a careless botch by D'Lo Brown :(

LOD 2000 - Ah hah, I loved the Road Warriors' short lived comeback in the WWF as LOD 2000! Their theme was great and fun and oh man, they were managed by Sunny in her last days in the WWF. I just loved her during this time, her outfit matched her men and it was tremendous :shock:

The Brood - Oh this was a great time. Too bad it didn't last long, seems like the best and coolest things never last :roll: Anyway, their music was great too. My Grandpa just loved theme especially Gangrel!

That's all for today, I might have another mixture and it might be a different type,we'll see ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:31 pm

I almost added Dino Bravo to the Mountie post but left it out at the end. Always liked him mid-80s WWF.

The original Rock

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:57 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:16 am

Ah Bad Street, that was so rad! I thought that HBK was similar like Hyaes back then. Yep, Muraco was indeed and it's a shame nobody talks about him anymore...its always DUwayne :roll: It was funny way back then that I thought Muraco and Bravo looked alike then they fought each other and Muraco was even bigger then he was :o The Macho Man was one of the greatest of all-time and had unmatched personality and everything else especially by today's standards.

Here's Mine for today.

WWF

Shane Douglas - It was cool but very brief time when he was there in the WWF in late 90, I always thought he could've been so much more there, too bad this run didn't last.

Bam Bam Bigelow - Bam Bam was great. He never held any titles though. His theme was fun!

WCW

Jake "The Snake" Roberts - Oh his time in WCW (30 years ago this year in 1992!) was short but gosh it was sweet! He had great themes there too!

WCW Halloween Havoc 95 Theme - My fave Halloween Havoc ever and I have always adored that music, it was the best...so scary and epic!

That's all from Me today PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:15 am

I didn't even know who Bam Bam was until the Nintendo game because I'd must've just stopped watching before he showed up. Kind of surprised Vince never gave him a club and fur tunic, I guess he's lucky John Nord the Viking was around.

Some homegrown Buffalo talent...

Really like Garcia's theme

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:09 am

Huh, yeah, that was something when Bam Bam was in that classic game!

Garcia's theme is good. Now the Blade, Butcher and Bunny's theme is really good. That's pretty cool, they have a theme that is kinda unusual. I love how the Bunny looks there, shame she kinda dropped that style mask and stuff.

Here's Mine, kinda like yesterday

WWF

Jake "The Snake" Roberts - Here is his first babyface theme and his heel theme. His themes were so fun and classic. I thought it was amazing how he turned heel in 91 I mean targeting Sid Justice, The Warrior, The Macho Man and then The Undertaker! It was one great feud after another!

WCW

Macho Man - I actually preferred this over his WWF version. It's cool how his little Oh yeah is at the beginning. It just sounds more fitting for the time period from 94 till he joined the nWo.

Uncensored 96 theme - This is a superb theme, I've played it countless times. Its very bittersweet for Me however cause this is the one with Loch Ness' last appearances ever, The doomsday cage with the Dungeon of Doom/The Alliance to destroy Hulkamania. The DOD was finished and the fun was over with just bits here and there. After all of that, just only a few short months later the nWo was born :roll:

That's all I have for today, see what's next tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:06 pm

It's gonna be a Honky day today :)

I liked The Honky Tonky Man! He was cool, funny and talented. Amazing how he was the longest IC champ, lost to the Warrior in seconds on an open challenge (one of the first ever like that) at SummerSlam 88!

WWF

Rhythm & Blues - I chose this cause this was really their big debut as a packaged/main team at Wrestlemania 6, this was one of the best WMs ever in 1990 and gosh I remember this like it was yesterday, it was so cool with Greg "The Hammer" Valentine! Oh and LOOK CLOSELY, a VERY young DDP is DRIVING THE CAR!

WCW

This is Honky's last hurrah in the ring in 94 unless you count his small stint return in the WWF in 97 with Rockabilly. His song is very similar like his other WWF one!

That's all for today, until tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:43 pm

For some reason Tajiri was on my mind today. It's too bad he wasn't in his prime today because the matches he could have in AEW...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:06 am

Hah, well something must've triggered it. Yeah, Tajiri was great and so was his theme!

Here's Mine for today, it's a before they were the stars then that we know today!

Mean Mark Callous - It's the Undertaker in WCW in 1989-1990! I remember it like it was yesterday when we first saw the Underatker debut in the Surivor Series 90, how huge TMDM's mystery partner storyline was and he was revealed we were like that's Mean Mark :o :shock: Many people were like you who didn't have access to the south didn't watch WCW so it was a total shock for them but we had TBS and I always looked at Pro Wrestling Illustrated. Also this really changed the sport because if you can have a dead man in wrestling then you can have anything so I always thought that and look what come in the future! The Diamond Studd used his theme later on in WCW.

HHH - This was WCW's Jean-Paul Levesque upgraded in 1995 as a blue blood in the WWF! Yep, this is how "The Game" was long ago in hist first days in the WWF and he had a fun theme!

"The Ring Master" Steve Austin - Oh I liked this gimmick. It could have been so much more but :roll: I loved his theme!

Rocky Maivia - Here is his two themes before he became The Rock. I strongly prefer this gimmick over his start in the NOD and the DUwayne we got now. IMO it was just cooler and it was about family and tradition then it turned into you know what :roll: His themes were really fun too, actually their great!

That's all for today until next time :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc