Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:08 pm

Some underrated women's songs. Ah, Velvet Sky had a great "entrance".

Here's a couple I was thinking about today....

And B.B. makes me think of choppy choppy...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:54 am

Indeed. Oh yes, Velvet Sky did, no doubt about it :D

Wow, Mike Awesome, I loved him. He was like no other :( That was a cool song too! His feud with Masato Tanaka was one of the greatest ones ever done IMO.

Ah, Val Venis, you actually went there with the chop :roll: :lol: :smsmh: :batshock: :wwlol: Ya know, he was very good. My Grandpa didn't like him but he loved it when the "SWORD" happen. I look back on it and kinda miss Vals' days back then. This is what "Ravishing" Rick Rude was kinda supposed to be but it didn't go that far back then. The Attitude era came and something like that fit in nicely. I din't find it very nasty or anything, just the right amount of innuendo, same with the Godfather, I miss that too. In fact I loved it when they teamed up a few times. That was a really good theme, it was still from a time when music like that still seemed valid for romantic & hot moments if your will.

OK, here is Mine for today, I'll post 4 of'em :)

Now, these two has always been a story for Me, since we talked about him just recently...

WWF

Big John Studd - When he had returned in 89, he had an actual theme and it was a dandy.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan - Now like Studd, he went years without a theme. Studd left and Duggan got one, only thing was it was actually just an alternate version of Studd's with Jim's Hhhooooooooo! Listen closely, it's the same cue just a bit different in ways including faster tempo. There has been others like this too!

ECW

Simon Diamond - Oh man, this song is so catchy and I immediately fell in love with it way back in 99! Simon was never My fave but his song was :o I have listened to this countless times over the decades :!:

TNA IMPACT

Su Yung - I love her, I find her so neat. This tron is awesome and love her theme. It's kinda simple but that's a cool reason IMO. It was really cool during this time. I've been hoping one day she'd wind up in AEW, I'd love it she'd fued with Shida and Abadon!. Oh, I absolutely hated it when Rich Swan (her real life husband) beat her because he didn't think her wrestling matches were good and she needed to improve. When I read that a few years ago I lost all respect for him. He was in his last days of 205 Live because the WWE actually fired him because of that :o Say what you will about WWE but I gave them huge kudos to them then because I hated that to begin with and it should never happen. She is a really good wrestler and she performs her character very, very well! Listen to her music and watch her, she's awesome :batshock:

That's all I got for today PB, later ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:56 pm

I never really got into the Su Young gimmick. The only time I paid attention to her was when Brandi Lauren (because she's from Buffalo) was one of her undead brides. She also wrestled a few times as Ava Storie in NXT.

Two fer from me...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:20 am

Ok, a couple AEW young guns for today. I wasn't quite sold on this theme when I first heard it. It was definitely different from standard wrestling themes. It sort of had a Quentin Tarantino vibe to it. I'd heard of Action Bronson, even seen him on Ridiculousness before, but his style of music isn't exactly in my wheelhouse. But the more I listened to it, it's grown on me. Yeah, it may be a bit unkid friendly, but AEW is more of an unapologetically young adult target audience, so it doesn't bother me to much. Of course, I'm talking about the cold-hearted handsome devil himself...

The second theme I also really like. I love it when the lyrics of a theme actually seem meant for the wrestler. Randy Orton's theme describes him perfectly, and Real American explained Hulk Hogan's character perfectly, even if it was intended for the U.S. Exress (Windham and Runtondo). I'm not sure if this sing was written for Darby Allin, but the lyrics sure make it seem like it:

I came from death, I'm dead
And torn up flesh
I painted my face white
And then it turned out red
I came from nothing
And nothing is where I'll return
You lit a match, now watch it burn

Plus the titnatron is pretty damn cool.

I fell.
So will you. (It's actually "so did you" but that doesn't work as well here)

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:08 am

Gosh, I didn't expect them :o Alex Wright's theme was great, when I first was able to download wrestling theme in the middle 90s, his theme was one of first ones I got, its a fun theme! Disco inferno, not as much fun. I liked it when he losed an dhe was always worried about his hair. Wright had a undefeated streak similar like Tatanka and then years later he and Inferno became a team!

Good ones PB :)

Blade Runners - Sting & Rock (Ultimate Warrior)'s Classic theme, I love this one. The one below has such low volume, watch that and play this one at the same time then it will match, it's really good!

Owen Hart - One My all-time faves, he was so much better than Bret IMO, I miss him :(

Yokozuna - Another one of My all-time faves, He was so incredible for his size, I miss him dearly :(

Giant Gonzales - My fave giant. I thought he was awesome. There was so much he could have done in the WWF but he was stuck feuding with the Undertaker. NOTE: It doesn't show it here but When you see him walking @ WM 9, some jerk@$$ spits in his face and poor Gonzales just wipes it off after arguing with him :roll: It never get's mentioned and I felt so sorry for him, I hated that moment when I first saw it back in 93 and I still hate it now :x

That's all I got for today :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:42 am

I got 4 of'em today

WWF

"The Red Rooster" Terry Taylor - I always like this one and the gimmick, I thought it was funny, cool tine too!

Greg "The Hammer Valentine - He finally got his own theme in 91 and it's a good one!

Virgil - Oh this is a very fun one, I probably listen to this over the more than most. I remember when it first came online in the late 90s...gives Me an :idea: for a topic...we'll see ;)

WCW

Really just a bonus, this is the Dynamic Dudes which was Shane Douglas & Johnny Ace aka John Laurinaitis. they were a good but brief team. they showed how cool the late 80s and 1990's hot color time was! Anyway, it's a bonus because it's the same awesome theme I posted earlier with the Dangerous Alliance...only thing is it WAS the Dynamic Dudes' theme FIRST! Yeah, the WWF wasn't te only that did that stuff :o :o

That's all for today, I gotta a REALLY cool one for tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:38 pm

Boy, those sure sound like the 80's/early 90s, lol.

Time for Mortal Kombat, I mean, WCW Thunder!

And just because I heard this name mentioned the other day for the first time in ages...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:16 am

This one is for all the Canadian truckers fighting for freedom and everyone else up north. He's the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:33 pm

Gosh PB, this was part of My little plan I said about yesterday, I guess great minds think a like ;)

It's all WCW today!

Anyway, Glacier was part of the Blood Runs Cold that WCW hyped up for months. Here is the promo for that but this is the one that WWE altered with different music, it was more epic than this back in 96 and was a complete mystery for a while as to who this was and what it was about till August or so in 96 :o If the nWo didn't happen I believe this would have been a terrific program, there just wasn't any room for it to be what it could have and possibly should've been :roll:

Blood Runs Cold

So you already posted Mortis, I loved his character and he came in early 97, kinda tardy for the angle IMO. His was the late great Kanyon. I thought his character was superb and he was many months BEFORE Kane arrived in the WWF :shock: I loved his mask. His theme awesome too!

Wrath - He was the last villain of the Blood Runs Cold storyline. Adam Bomb was repacked and I thought he was great too. Now the Mortal Kombat Inspiration didn't bother Me because I loved MK but what did was the nWo :roll: It they were around and the attitude era was getting ready (by this time mid 97 WCW had already begun there version when the nWo was formed IMO) stuff like that just didn't click anymore with Me because it just ruined the fun and gimmicks for Me that WCW known for. Anyway, Wrath's theme was great but this IS NOT the original version, it's a remake. I have been searching for his theme ever since his debut and that was 25 years ago :shock: I love that haunting electronic choir :!:

Oh man, the Loch Ness Monster. I posted him a bit in My WCW Dungeon of Doom special for Halloween. I really liked him, he was so huge. He was supposed to feud with Hogan but it never happen cause he got sick, got gypped by Jimmy Hart and had to fight the Giant (in storyline) to retire. I was sadden by this back then cause he died not to long after that :cry: Anyway, that theme was a great one, it was actually used by another DOD member the Zodiac (Brutus Beefcake) first then after Lock Ness they gave it Rey Mysterio when he arrived in mid 96.

Dungeon of Doom - Speaking of...I thought I'd post this one too. I loved them, they were My fave stable. I liked how they were scary, silly and funny and not to mention very familiar cause most of everybody that was in it was the WWF before some feud with Hogan then too! Amazing how in 95 they first appeared to fight Hogan and he showed his darkside and it was so fun then they were buried and 96 Hogan joins the nWo :roll:

BONUS

Midnight Express - Since I had mentioned earlier on in the AEW section that FTR's theme reminds Me of them, here the Midnight Express' theme, one of the best classic teams!

EDIT:

When I was doing this one I saw you posted the Mountie! I'll join ya so here is his original theme, its quite classic! I loved him, he was one of the best and I agree with ya on the truckers :!:

Don't miss out what put above the Mountie ;)

That's all I got for now, who knows, we might wanna post the same stuff again :lol: Later till tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:25 pm

I'm gonna do this a little differently with show themes this time.

WWF

Raw 95 - My fave theme and intro of Raw of all-time :!: For Me it was the best of times.

Raw 96 - The original theme but the best intro with that theme in it IMO.

Raw is War - Oh I absolutely loved this and the Thorn in Your Eye song from the Full Metal Album. I loved how hardcore these times were!

WCW

Monday Nitro - This is great and it's the one with Vader!

WCW Thunder - Ah man, the music is good and the same but the intros are dandy, they were some of the best ever!

That's all I got for now, don't forget to check out My previous ones here PB ;)
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc