Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:36 am

Damn. That sucks about Vader but I was already prepared for this news as he's been quite vocal about his diagnosis. Definitely one of the greats. Loved his run in WCW, New Japan and his epic program with Kobashi in All Japan. :smsad:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:44 am

AcidDragon wrote:Damn. That sucks about Vader but I was already prepared for this news as he's been quite vocal about his diagnosis. Definitely one of the greats. Loved his run in WCW, New Japan and his epic program with Kobashi in All Japan. :smsad:

This is a heartbreaking thing to watch -- very candid and spoken like a gentleman ...
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:50 am

1990 Great American Bash

I will never, ever forget this ... truly an awesome moment in this pay per view that I watch in 1990.

Nice recap of his career here ... great video clip.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Brock Lesnar is Lazy

He should have his belt stripped - I just hate him period.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:44 pm

I have been watching a lot of WWE in the Attitude Era and I sure missed those years and those years were great. I have been watching some footage of the DIVAS back then -- mostly the feud of Dawn Marie and Torrie Wilson and all that.

Man, I missed those days ...

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:43 pm

I was pleasantly surprised by Slammiversary Sunday. It out extremed WWE's Extreme Rules. Most of it is worth a watch.

NXT is still the best wrestling show out there. Ciampa vs Black this week was really good.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:47 am

packerbacker180 wrote:I was pleasantly surprised by Slammiversary Sunday. It out extremed WWE's Extreme Rules. Most of it is worth a watch.

NXT is still the best wrestling show out there. Ciampa vs Black this week was really good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slammiversary_XVI

I watched that match earlier today -- my friend made a recording of it and I was somewhat disappointed in the result of the Aries and Moose Championship match that I wanted to the Moose to win. The Hair and Mask match was very good and I was sad that Madison Rayne did not win the Impact Woman title. I was better than average pay per view and I think the first three matches set the tone of things and I would like to Tessa Blanchard to knock out Su Yung out for the title anyway. To make it even better ... have Allie and Madison Rayne in a Fatal 4 Way for the Women Title.

They need to push Pentagon Jr to destroy Austin Aries -- I just can't stand him at all.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:23 pm

IMPACT WRESTLING

Imagine Global Force, Impact, and World of Sports Wrestling working together to make an statement -- according to this YouTube -- they are making headways and this thing could rock them to the same level as WWE and perhaps beat them at their game.

I also heard that ROH and IMPACT are working out a deal too.

Several ROH wrestlers could come back to IMPACT

Adam Page
Bully Ray
Chris Sabin
Christopher Daniels
Jay Lethal
Frankie Kazarian
Alex Shelley

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:54 pm

NXT is finally coming to Buffalo in September and I got my tickets this morning. Haven't been excited for a show in a longtime but it's a great roster right now. The kids are back in school, Bills football, and now NXT. September can't get here fast enough.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:37 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:NXT is finally coming to Buffalo in September and I got my tickets this morning. Haven't been excited for a show in a longtime but it's a great roster right now. The kids are back in school, Bills football, and now NXT. September can't get here fast enough.

Have fun attending it and I regret that I can't attend anymore of these shows because of the noise factor and these events gives me migraine headaches and all.

I wished that I could attend an NXT event these days.

Good Luck and enjoy yourself!

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc